Home

Kit Fisto 1.0 Released!

Toonces

Thanks Toonces, you have done a great job.

The default sonds on the others is the same for me. THe original skin and the CTF skins seem to have the "Kit Sounds"

I like the way he sounds, quite funny it just helped me make a new RPG char ^_^

-DarthDarth

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, I know what I did, I forgot to include the sounds.cfg file in the other skinpacks, my bad, if there is a big public outcry I'll fix it.

Darth, I didn't really like the sounds all that much at first, but I was in sorta of a bad mood at the time, but when I actually tried them in game I thought they were great, it's a very funny sound pack :D I did release it in a seprate pk3 because I realise that some people are put off by comedy in Star Wars sometimes. I'm all about choice so I figured I could keep everybody happy :)

Once again, Nomad and Bro, great job on the sound pack :D

Thanks Jdiesal for the sp version but there is only one thing you did'nt changed the path in the shader it should be like this:

models/players/kyle/head

{

{

map models/players/kyle/head.tga

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/kyle/head_s.jpg

blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE

tcGen environment

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/kyle/head.tga

blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

Thank you Toonces! :)

I have waited many a day to see Kit in-game, but it was well worth it! Good job!!

I hate to be the first problem-child, but I found somethings in-game that disturb me. First, his left arm goes through his body when in idle in Yellow and Red Stance. It seems his body should distort slightly to angle his shoulder in the proper direction. Also, when you do a slash while holding walk+right+up in Yellow or Red stance, his left arm bends awkwardly between the elbow and shoulder. Here is a screenshot to illustrate what I mean:

fistoBlorf.jpg

This could be caused by the fact that the arm goes through the body, as stated before, but I just thought I would point it out.

Anyway, I was wondering if you had plans to correct these, or if it was not possible, etc. Please do not take this negatively... I just want Kit to look the best he can in-game. :) Thanks again for all of your efforts, and keep up the great work!

No idea Mystic, your the only one who seems to have this problem. Take a pic of it and post it

Ok, PalnGipanji, those are the problems I spoke of in my readme. In the second version these will be diffrent.

I build the model a month or two ago, and people started skining him before I really had a chance to test the model out alot. I built the model thinking that I could work my way around the animation problems, once the skins were all finished I realised I could not. I realise that it detracts from the model, and it's something I could easially fix now, but it would require a new body which I could build, but that would require new skins

There will be a second version of Kit, I can't say when. This will fix the problems with the model. I couldn't in good faith tell everybody that the model is now on hold again for a few more weeks, and then ask everybody to skin him again.

Man Fisto is awesome! thank you Toonces and skinners for doing such a wonderful job, the sounds are nicely done too but are a little wacky for my tastes. :p

I don't have the eye problem but i did notice something else, i was checking out a frontal view of all the skins and noticed the teeth clipping through the mouth on the Mars skin. Not a big prob but might be worth looking into since it doesn't happen with any of the other skins.

heres a screen of it.

http://www.geocities.com/deetox1900/shot0000.txt

Originally posted by Toonces

Nope, same skin, They are both Mars's default Kit Fisto skin, (not the default skin, that's in ct_fisto)I have no problems here, and nobody else seems to either. I'm not sure what you can do

he could be talking about the eyes on ct_fisto/default, because it looks like he chrome-esque eyes.

Alright, the problem with the teeth has been tracked down, I missed one of the teeth textures, only on Mars Kit Fisto, I'm not sure how, oops.

As for the metalic eyes, I don't think that's quite what we were going for, we were trying to make them black and reflective, didn't quite come out that way though

Archived