Home

Kit Fisto 1.0 Released!

Toonces

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Toonces

heh, thanks Andy :D And don't worry about Anakin, as soon as Terc is finished with his textures we'll have a working Anakin in game, I work fast :D

Hey, as long as your contributing to that model, maybe Tercero will let you use his body for your update to this one.

I actually have a body in progress, he's not going to come out soon though, perhaps a few months.

I do have other projects going now which are taking up a signifigant amount of time, as well as joining the aotc:tc team. I will promise to keep you all informed on my progress :)

Great model but 2 things bother me, the lack of Fisto sounds for the other skins and also I get a bug with the DarthFisto bot where it says there is no personality specified or something, I had a look in the .pk3 and found there was no darthfisto.jkb as specified in the .bot file. otherwise I have no problems. Great work on sounds, model and skins people

Still lovin' it Toonces!! Thanks again! Finally, a respectable alien!

I had a couple of thoughts for you about Kit, for when Kit 2.0 is ready to work on. First, about the arm/body penetration... isn't that just a weighting issue? I don't think you'd have to remodel the entire body to fix deformation problems, unless the arms aren't attached to the body model. (Hmm... I guess none of the parts are connected anyway, are they?) Second, I would really like to see a robed Fisto. I think it should be standard for everyone developing Jedi/Sith models to include a robed/unrobed model. If you could give me some pointers on how to get models into JK2, then I would be willing to create/add the robe to the new model, if/when you make one. (Not that you couldn't just do that yourself... :p )

Well, I hope some of that made sense... I wrote it earlier and don't have time to recheck it.

At any rate, thanks again Toonces!! :)

For all those worried about the sounds, there are no animsounds.cfg or sounds.cfg files for any of the other Kit Fisto skins. Simply copy those files into the other skin directories from the ct_fisto directory (under models/players) and repack it. It will work then. Maybe Toonces can do this and re-release it, if it is that big of a deal.

Ninja, Shogun, I tracked that problem down, it was a mistake on my part, I forgot to put a sound.cfg file in those directories. As for the bot file, both DarthFisto and KitFisto use the same .jkb file. They have diffrent .bot files though so DarthFisto should use Sith powers.

Gipanji, I agree with you about the robe, the real problem is that robes are a pain in the rear to add to models, especially models with such a strange head. About the arm/body penetration, I couldnt get it to move right. It has to do with the diffrent layers I used to build the model, it was a mistake on my part because I figured I could build the model and then work with the animation system. What I should have done is build the model around the animations, when I finally realised what I had done it was too late :(

If I can track down all of the bugs (lod problem especially) I'll release a little update

I dont know when 2.0 will come out, but he will eventually. I'm making a special version of Kit for the TC, if we can get the animations worked out he'll have tenticle animations

about the sounds, even though its very creative, to me it really doesn't fit kit fisto. you made it seem like he is very talkative because he has a high voice, like a jar jar character. i taught kit would have a deep voice for some reason. and that rooo rooo rooo sound that he makes after a jump or a roll gets to me. funny at first but gets a bit annoying. don't get me wrong the taunts are good and funny, but i really don't see kit making those kinda sounds. he seems like a deep voice and quite type. i taught he would sound like gran if we had to compare from the models in the game. i dunno i might get use to the sounds. im going to try really hard cuz i love this model.

Originally posted by JDiesal

Can you make more jedis since youve have the body all u have to do is add their heads and hands. How about it. Can u make Coleman Trebor since PIo Koon's is ****ed up.

We would appreciate it.

what you said is wrong in so many levels. plo koon's trebor model is not even done yet. you sound so judgemental. its still in the beginning process. just wait i think it will just turn out just fine.

I've taken a look at his new Trebor model, I think he's actually coming along quite well thus far. I thought about doing Trebor, but out of respect for PIo I'm not going to do that now.

I actually have a project in progress with Arco, Tex, and K-man where we are making multiple Jedi, starting with Qui-Gon

Originally posted by LBuRNa

what you said is wrong in so many levels. plo koon's trebor model is not even done yet. you sound so judgemental. its still in the beginning process. just wait i think it will just turn out just fine.

Then he realy needs to work on the lower torso but it still looks the same the first time he started.

A robe is just another piece. It would probably be more of a pain to animate it than just to model it. Tentacle animation would be cool, but sometimes you have to think about what's realistic to do with the tools you have. I wouldn't be too upset if it wasn't possible, but if it works and you want to try it, even better for us!

I would like to try to add a player model to JK2 eventually... are there any good resources you could point me to about getting the model in-game? I imagine it's a lot like the saber hilts up to the animation part, but still, if there are some good tuts, that would be enough to keep me busy for a while.

Also, if you have some theories/tests/etc. concerning working with the skeleton and creating animations, I think everyone would benefit from hearing your insights into that.

At any rate, here's one more qualm with the current Kit release, and then nothing but praise! :) I think the tag for the saber hilt (position of the hilt in the hand) is set too far back. All the hilts I have tested with the JediMod v1.2 hilt pack, plus my own, have all been located in the same place, which intersects the hand. Here are a couple of screens, first with my hilt, and then with the cheshire_vader hilt:

Fisto with Cheshire Vader saber hilt.

Fisto with Paln Gipanji saber hilt.

Since the Chesire Vader hilt is extremely small, and mine is on the big side, then they are fairly good tests to display extremes. In all cases though, the "meat" of the hand intersects with the saber hilt. Not to big of a deal, but still noticable that the hilt does not fall into his hand. Just more nitpicks... I apologize, Toonces. :(

Originally posted by PalnGipanji

For all those worried about the sounds, there are no animsounds.cfg or sounds.cfg files for any of the other Kit Fisto skins. Simply copy those files into the other skin directories from the ct_fisto directory (under models/players) and repack it. It will work then. Maybe Toonces can do this and re-release it, if it is that big of a deal.

Of course the servers we play on have to do this too right,for the sounds to work?

I've already done that and repacked mine and he still laughs,so im just wondering.

Wow great model toones

I haste myself to finish the padawan of kit (eerin bant the mon calamari jedi) to release it when you release kit fisto but i lose :)

So i can work more on the skin and maybe make a robed version before you releas ethe new verison of kit

I've modeled robes before, it's just a pain in the ass to animate with ravens skeleton. Right now there is no way to alter/add any animations to the game. A number of people are working hard trying to find a way to do it though.

About the saber in the palm thing. The saber is actually in the correct position for the skeleton, Kit's hands are a bit larger than a regular models hands, so the hands do not properly fit on the Skeleton, there was nothing I could to to really fix this right now

Archived