Home

Kit Fisto 1.0 Released!

Toonces

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by skywalker19

Of course the servers we play on have to do this too right,for the sounds to work?

I've already done that and repacked mine and he still laughs,so im just wondering.

Yes, all the servers would have to do this, unless Toonces copied the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg files to all of the player directories from the ct_fisto directory and repacked it on his DL site. Call it version 1.1. :)

Anyway, if you did this and it didn't work, then you did something wrong. :p I actually followed my own directions after posting it here (I hadn't tried it before posting), and it worked just like I thought it would. Try again. :) All I did was set up a temp directory, unpacked all the pk3s included with this release into the temp directory, copied the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg from the ct_fisto directory to each of the other Fisto skin directories, then repacked it. (I repacked it into a single pk3, but it will work if split the way Toonces did in his zip file.) Then remove the old Fisto pk3s from your base directory and put the new ones in. Viola! Since the sound pack is seperate, and the animsounds and sounds configs only tell where to find the sounds, it should work nicely. It did for me, anyway. :)

Thanks,

I thought it would have to be server side,i havent tried making my own server yet but i'm confident it will work :D. I'll just have to send the files to the servers i visit....or a 1.1 would suffice ;)

Originally posted by PalnGipanji

Yes, all the servers would have to do this, unless Toonces copied the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg files to all of the player directories from the ct_fisto directory and repacked it on his DL site. Call it version 1.1. :)

Anyway, if you did this and it didn't work, then you did something wrong. :p I actually followed my own directions after posting it here (I hadn't tried it before posting), and it worked just like I thought it would. Try again. :) All I did was set up a temp directory, unpacked all the pk3s included with this release into the temp directory, copied the animsounds.cfg and sounds.cfg from the ct_fisto directory to each of the other Fisto skin directories, then repacked it. (I repacked it into a single pk3, but it will work if split the way Toonces did in his zip file.) Then remove the old Fisto pk3s from your base directory and put the new ones in. Viola! Since the sound pack is seperate, and the animsounds and sounds configs only tell where to find the sounds, it should work nicely. It did for me, anyway. :)

Ok, I'm Kit Fisto's biggest fan, save POSSIBLy, for the actor himself. So naturally, I'm a little bit gripy about this. Don't get me wrong, this is my FAVORITE model in the world, and it'll be AWHILE before I use a different model. My only gripe is with the tenticles. They seem to short and to small in general. If you take a look at the action figure, you will notice that the tenticles are actually significantly bigger. But hey, I've been on that thread since day one, and from what I've seen, the tenticles were really hard to do anyway. All in all, though, THIS MODEL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Hey, I'm glad so many of you like the sounds.

Creating sounds for such a beloved institution such as Star Wars can be a real tricky thing.

I know many of you don't like the sounds and I'm sorry to hear that, but I knew we couldn't please everybody. I'm sure even if Lucas came out with Fisto's sounds now (after the movie) the same way we made them, there would be many that still wouldn't like them. We've all seen that the fan base is capable of disagreeing with his choices, so I knew I was in a tough spot. ;)

I'm just glad to see that enough people liked them.

If any of you are interested I can go into why we went with what we did (I was going to type that now, but I suddenly have to go).

I've been really busy with my music recently and I've actually been absent from this forum too much.

Hopefully I won't miss too many more exciting releases around here.

Toonces, you've done another great job! As did all of you with those awesome skins... and yeah, I'm surprised, but it looks like there is enough of an outcry to repack all the skins with the sound file destinations!

Thanks again, and is anyone else excited about the AOTC release in Imax Theatres November 1st?

-nomad

May the force be with you.

Archived