Home

Suggestions for my game

ptdc

Should games be released in episodes?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should games be released in episodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I dont know
    • Can you repeat the question?...

Some quick thoughts:

Pro's

-- People don't have to wait long

-- Doesn't take long to complete a chapter so players stay interested (as long as the game is interesting, of course)

-- Quick results may keep you (the developer) motivated.

Con's

-- You can't make changes (improvements) on the main character because you rpobably want him to look the same.

-- Not enough time to shape the game to your likings (you'll always find new things to change/fix, when you're working on a game for a very long time, short chapters won't give you the chance)

I was just thinking, to make a game in episodes you'd really have to plan the whole game from the start rather than just let the game take shape. I think a better approach might be for me to ask people to help me with making the game. I need an animator at least.

Are you in a hurry or something?

Of course it's going to be a huge task and it will take you lots of time. My approach? Don't force anything. I'm working on the graphic's when I'm inspirated and I'm scripting when I've got time, etc. I'm aware that it might take two years before I've completed my project but I don't care as long as I'm having fun.

--Erwin

No hurry, but I don't want to spend too long on it otherwise I'll lose steam and forget exactly what it was I was trying to make. Today I've been doing character artwork, it's tricky seeing as I can't draw people very well (at all :)).

Archived