Home

Has anyone made their system SWG ready, yet?

Exar Kun II

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't do much about my Net connection (yeah... I know, 28.8 - blah, blah, blah) but I did upgrade my system (although not necessarily for Galaxies. I got a new MoBo supporting the KT333 chipset (I had the i815 before). I went from a PIII 800 to a Athlon XP 2000+ CPU and 256Mb PC133 SDRAM to 512Mb PC2700 DDR. In another two weeks I'll be getting a GF4 Ti4600 (or 4400 depending on the costs) or maybe a Radeon 9700 to replace my GF2 GTS Pro.

Yep... my system is ready for Star Wars Galaxies.....

i have:

Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz

512 MB ram

73 GB Harddisk

Geforce 4 64 mb

DVD player

CD burner

Subwoofer

Lexmark printer (prints, scans, fax and coppier in one)

Webcam

17" screen

I think im pretty ready for it :D :D

the only thing now is a monthly amount of money to pay for theplaying time :D

Problem may arise when the relaese date is announced, hardware goes out of date so rapidly that if the game is held back till Feb or even March, my Kyro II may be too low spec.

I doubt that the min requirements will be that staggering tho, and lower res settings should hopefully be available......sure you may not get the full effect of the game on a lower res, but it'll do until you are able to upgrade imho.:rolleyes:

OK, my question is: how much of a hassle will it be to start out on my old system (PIII 800, 256 MB RAM, GeForce2 GTS) with SWG and then after some time when I buy a new PC (Athlon 2200+, 512 MB DDR-RAM, GeForce4 Ti4600 128 MB RAM) transfer the whole installation to that new PC?

I take it that SWG is being shipped on like 4 CDs or something so it probably is a massive installation. What about the character profile and stuff? Will it be easy to continue playing with an existing profile on a new installation?

Any answers appreciated...

Well, I'd guess that your account with alll of your characters could be accessed from anywhere with the game loaded, provided you have the password of course. It's like that in alot of games (I don't know about MMORPG's though). If not however the only real problem you'd face would be loading the game again.

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.66GHz)

512 MB DDR SDRAM

GeForce 3 (64mb)

SB Live! 5.1 Sound Card

Cable modem

Yeah I think I'm good, though I AM looking at the new NV30s (Nvidia's next cards) once they come out, I would love to see how they handle next to a Radeon 9700 (might just have to get myself a new motherboard to take advantage of AGP 8x)..

Originally posted by Bluezman

OK, my question is: how much of a hassle will it be to start out on my old system (PIII 800, 256 MB RAM, GeForce2 GTS) with SWG and then after some time when I buy a new PC (Athlon 2200+, 512 MB DDR-RAM, GeForce4 Ti4600 128 MB RAM) transfer the whole installation to that new PC?

I take it that SWG is being shipped on like 4 CDs or something so it probably is a massive installation. What about the character profile and stuff? Will it be easy to continue playing with an existing profile on a new installation?

Any answers appreciated...

well first of all.. your comp is good enough to play the game.

second... you will most likely have a log in name and a password.... so.. you can play it what computer you have,,,, if a freind has SWG.. you could log in as yourself and play on... so..

• 3 weeks later...

:edeaths::edeaths::edeaths::edeaths::edeaths:

Well after careful consideration, I've decided and ordered my new system for playing SWG (I needed a new one anyway...eheh)

The friendly folks at Dell will be shipping me a:

P4, 2.4G 512k L2, 533mhz bus

512MB pc 800

Radeon 9700 Pro

48x cd + 40x/10x/40x cdrw

and a few other unimportant specs...

Cable modem is averaging 1.2 mega bits per, so I should be all set.

*sits back in chair and realizes that it will still be at least a couple of months until release, and sighs deeply*

Archived