Home

Masters of Teras Kasi

Guest Feilnyn

Guest Feilnyn

A little off-topic I know, but I need to find the answer anyway. Does anyone know how to perform Arden Lyn's special moves in the PSX game STAR WARS: Masters of Teras Kasi? In the manual, it says: <--(hold)-->,triangle or <--(hold)+(down), trianle. The moves I can't figure out are called sonic blast, sonic sphere, and sonic shockwave. I also tried Cheat Code Central, and they used the word (charge) in the combination and it didn't mean full gold bar. Also, I don't know how to do Luke's healing move and his spinning saber attack (not the saber through). Any help would be great! Thanks.

------------------

cut2.jpg

"A jedi needs only his Lightsaber. In battle, he and his weapon become a single fighting unit..."

Guest Darth Wart

You know, sometimes when your friends recommend video games they can be real lame; other times they can be real finds.

I bought this (through e-bay) on Kanigget's advice; I received it yesterday and couldn't stop laughing at how dumb it was. Chewbacca roudhousing Han in the face! What an ingrate. (According to Lucas, Han met Chewbacca when he freed him from slavery.)

(To be fair to Kanigget, he also turned me on to Metal Gear Solid, which is a rockin' game, so thanks for that.)

Don't know how to answer your question, though.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Currently the revised strategy guide is being housed (ON ONE PAGE!) at

http://darthwart.tripod.com/page1.html, which will be the address until Kanigget gets back at the end of June.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by Darth Wart:

You know, sometimes when your friends recommend video games they can be real lame; other times they can be real finds.

I bought this (through e-bay) on Kanigget's advice; I received it yesterday and couldn't stop laughing at how dumb it was. Chewbacca roudhousing Han in the face! What an ingrate. (According to Lucas, Han met Chewbacca when he freed him from slavery.)

(To be fair to Kanigget, he also turned me on to Metal Gear Solid, which is a rockin' game, so thanks for that.)

Don't know how to answer your question, though.

Hey, I told you the premise to this game didn't make a whole lotta sense, but it's still one of the most fun games I've ever played. Mainly because of Luke, Vader, and Mara's moves. Actually, Vader's moves take the cake. You can really smear your opponent with him.

I'll try to help you on this, Feilnyn. I've been away from my PlayStation for several weeks due to vacation, so I'm a bit rusty on the moves. The link above does take you to LucasArts website that lists the moves. But I'm not sure they give the spinning lightsaber that you're talking about. I THINK this is the move:

F,D,DF,F C (Or maybe that's Vader's lightsaber spin. If C doesn't work, try S) As for the Jedi healing move, I don't remember.

I have played this game so much, it's not funny. All right, maybe it is funny, but that's not the point. This is still one of my favorite PSX games, for one reason, it's fun.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest 84Elan

Hey I am looking at buying Dark Forces for the PS yet I read that the frame rate really hurts the game. I have played the PC version and loved. Has any one out there played or have the game and could tell me if it is a buy or not. Kurgan says that it is not all that different that the PC version. Anyone else?

Guest jedihorn1

If you wanna play a real awsome fighting game, get Bloody Roar 2. My fiend and I play it all ther time. It rocks. Best fighting game i have played yet. After playing BR2 we rented SW Maters of teris ksi or whatever and laugh our butts off at how dumbit was compaitivly. I'm not knocking my friend Kaniggets fav game, I'm sure it was the game in its day.

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I agree with Kanigget. MotK was one of the first games I got and I still love it. It is really fun. Vader is the best character, I like his lightning that's almost a one hit K.O.

heres what i think:

alot of people under rate this game,but i like it. i play it alot. my favorite character is also vader. i sort of cheat,though. i use the upper cut combo alot. its when you press foward and slash repeatedly. they go in the air,fall down and on the way down,bam!in the air again and so forth untill a ring out.

ps: i worked on this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Venkman

Yeah, I like Vader the best too, weird. Hes the strongest there is...I still think it would have been cool to be able to play as the Emperor...

Guest Kurgan

Dark Forces for the PSX really isn't that different from the PC version.

The Mac version is actually supposed to be the best, graphics-wise.

You can't use addons, and the controls are a bit quirky (you have to hold a key to use secondary fire and you have to cycle through your weapons). The game is intact and it's a pretty good translation. The music is actually better.

Kurgan

Guest Kurgan

So how do you play as Mara Jade?

I recall I once said that you couldn't play as her (I honestly believed you couldn't, as a magazine said so and they were right about everything else) and got flamed for it.

I think you get to fight her last if you are playing as Vader...

Kurgan

Guest 84Elan

Thanks man I shall look into picking it up. I got a bit leary of the game after reading a IGN review that the frame rate really hurt the game but IGN for some reason does not like SW games or they are just brutaly honest ie (JPB score of 3 or so).

As for the Bushido Blade games I think I will go with the first one. The reviews all say it is the better of the two it is more technical when it comes to the fighting aspect. As for this topics name sake I think I shall give it a wide berth and steer clear.

Thanks for the game tips Kurgan.

------------------

Remember...Your Focus Determins your Reality....

[This message has been edited by 84Elan (edited June 20, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by Kurgan:

So how do you play as Mara Jade?

I recall I once said that you couldn't play as her (I honestly believed you couldn't, as a magazine said so and they were right about everything else) and got flamed for it.

I think you get to fight her last if you are playing as Vader...

Kurgan

Not sure if this works, but I took it from a reliable site:

Fight as Mara Jade:

Set the difficulty level to "Jedi", "Player Change" to "No", and "Continue" to "No". Select team mode hold L1 + L2 + R1 before the first match starts. Defeat the side designated as the Empire to select Mara Jade as a playable character.

I personally just used the GameShark, which would be this code (Actually, this unlocks all characters):

800BEF5E 00FF

800C310E 0001

800C3112 0001

800C3114 0001

800C3118 0001

800C311C 0001

My favorite move for Vader would be his Force choke, no contest.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

Guest Acid_Rain327

No one gives the kid the answer he needs?

Come on...!

You pull the move by holding down, then (while keeping down held somewhat) you press the direction opposite your opponent and press triange.

She releases a huge concussive blast, that's really effective.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited June 20, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Yeah, if I remember right that is how you get her. Hey just for a poll, which character do you like most and which character are you best with.

I like Vader the most, but I'm actually better with Luke and Mara Jade.

actually, the mara jade code does work. i have her. she has a lightsaber and does force lightning and has the same saber moves as luke.

(side note) i worked on mara. as in i changed her force moves. she was originally supposed to have exact moves as luke,but i gave the idea to have her use force powers.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by Acid_Rain327:

No one gives the kid the answer he needs?

Come on...!

You pull the move by holding down, then (while keeping down held somewhat) you press the direction opposite your opponent and press triange.

She releases a huge concussive blast, that's really effective.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited June 20, 2000).]

So, Acid, a fan are you?

I play best with Vader and like playing as Vader. Force choke, his long combo, lightning strike, the upper-cut followed by the vertical lightsaber twirl.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited June 21, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kenobi

Hey Kanigget, how do you do force choke? Also, I like your new signature pic better than the old one, nice biggrin.gif

Guest the13thJedi

Originally posted by Jedi Kenobi:

Hey Kanigget, how do you do force choke? Also, I like your new signature pic better than the old one, nice biggrin.gif

to do a force choke, just get close to the opponent & hold the grab buttons (It may be a combo like S+X - can't exactly remember) and that should do it... But it has been a long time since I have owned or even played MOTK, not to say that it wasn't strangley addictive.... good luck

------------------

dueloffates.gif

Guest Acid_Rain327

I'm pretty sure Vader's force choke is either S+O or T+X.

Yeah Kanniget, I've had the game since the season it came out. I'm a fan: unlocked ALL the characters, found/used all the codes. I even found moves that weren't listed on the net (i.e. Fett's grappling rope). I'll post them if I can ever find where I wrote them down. smile.gif

Guest Kurgan

The framerate didn't seem to bad when I played, but I haven't played it in awhile. I'd play it first and make your own decision.

Reviews can be good, but there's no accounting for taste.

I guess I like Vader the best.

Kurgan

Guest Jedi Dire

did you notice that the computer vader can do better combos than you? and when you finally play vader, you can't do 'em? at least i haven't. this is coming from a guy who figures out combos all the time.

Archived