Home

Favorite Part in JPB

Guest Super Sith Saiyan Vegeta

Guest Super Sith Saiyan Vegeta

I was curious to everyones favorite "part" in JPB or experience in it,with all the glitches you have to have some funny ones,mine was when my friend and I were fighting against maul,and we had a little trouble because it was on Jedi and we were playing it on easy the whole time, but what we found "amusing" was when I got kicked (stabbed,swung at?) by maul and flew into the pit,grabbed a ledge,and he unbeleivable managed to last for a short time without me (the person who died 4 times trying to get to the pit) and how we finshed him was he was blocking his saber throw when I came up out the pit and swung right into his hip and killed him,its one of those "you had to be there" sorta things...fell free to put anything! smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Did you hear me Kakarot? Dodge this next attack if you can,but EVEN IF I MISS THIS WHOLE PLANETS GOING UP IN SMOKE!!! 4.gif Saiyans arn't to be taken lightly..

Guest Kurgan

I'll second that.. the intro was quite cool. I only wish it showed them fighting Maul.

In fact, a nice CG movie of the Jedi's fighting would have been more worth the money..

Kurgan

Guest 84Elan

Favorite part would not be anyone time but those few times when you are going through a level and every blaster bolt you block goes back and nails the droid who shot it and every combo you set in motion is really performed by your player. It all clicks for about a few seconds and you come out of a tight situation without taking any damage just like in the movie; that is when I crack a smile and say PHAT.

The rest of the time its "Awwh come on!" and "What the hell happened there?" and the ever so popular and prevalent " Thats BS!!!! How the hell could a droid block a combo like that?"

------------------

Remember...Your Focus Determins your Reality....

Guest Dave Maul

I wish there had been cutscenes to start every level, like in TPM (shudder). If you hadn't seen the movie, you wouldn't have known what was going on. You kill large droids, then suddenly you're on Tatooine. Go figure.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest Acid_Rain327

Why is it that people bash the TPM game so much?

I loved the game, and played through it on several accounts. Sure, it wasn't the best game ever, but it wasn't this horrible game everyone made it out to be.

Let's face it people, TPM was better executed than Jedi Power Battles. (waits for flames...)

1.) <u>Graphics.</u>

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, TPM's graphics were far above those of JPB. So, the characters were a big jaggy; no more than JPB, and at least the polygons didn't clip everytime you move. I was personally pleased with the amount of detail put into TPM(slicing walls, etc.), whereas with JPB, you're lucky if you can successfully move throughout your environment.

2.) <u>Gameplay.</u>

Hehe...I know this is where everyone will disagree with me, but TPM had better all-around gameplay than JPB had, by a longshot. Everyone, please go play the first level of TPM, then go play that of JPB. In complete honesty, which did you enjoy more, and which gave you a better sense of taking part in the events of the film?

In TPM, you can gleefully hack through 6 droids at a time; JPB, you're lucky if you can take down one or two without either being pummeled by the other 4, or using a force power out of desperation.

Also, interaction with a game's environment is very crutial to a game; in JPB, the environment clashes with the gameplay, and in TPM, exploring each level was enjoyable, and rewarding. Heck, I found playing through TPM as Amidala or Panaka to be so much more rewarding than playing as a Jedi in Jedi Power Battles.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a decent, enjoyable (through its faults) game like TPM should be put down any longer. Especially in comparision to an abomination of videogames such as JPB.

[This message has been edited by Acid_Rain327 (edited June 21, 2000).]

Guest 84Elan

Acid you are going to get some heat around here but not from me. My only beef with TPM is that after playing JPB I wish you had the same player moves and abilites(Blocking button and combos) Yet every thing else about the game could remain the same. I liked TPM style of taking you trough the movie and the fact that you could try and use mind tricks on people and put away your damn lightsaber and use other weapons even thought the lightsaber was the main stay weapon (curse JPB).

TPM had sweet levels they worked well the interaction was good and the side taskes were cool fighting the crate dragon and being Jaba's Gladiator so on. The actual combat did leave somethings to be desired but as does every SW game.

to me,jedi power battles was an ok game. and TPM was better to me,except fighting maul.fighting maul on JPB was better because you could do different combos and so does maul. on TPM, maul does the same boring attack and you do the same boring swings.that really sucks.

------------------

sw-lukedarth.jpg George Lucas:"buy my products!make me money!"

Guest Dave Maul

You're right. I'm sorry. Looking back at it, it was a pretty good game IMO. I guess I based my remark on the PSX version, which was not as great as the PC.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

[This message has been edited by Dave Maul (edited June 22, 2000).]

Guest Qui-Gon Jeff

Acid Rain I have one thing to say to you. You my friend are absolutly right! If you look at the graphics and the gameplay you'll see that it wasn't such a bad game after all.

------------------

"Be warey I sense a disturbance in the Force" beckymroczkowski.jpg

Guest the13thJedi

I like TPM much more than JPB...

2 reasons

1: More Replay

2: Actually follows the film pretty closly (voice actors, actual scenes, etc.)

Guest ihatecrosswinds

The only thing that really bothered me about TPM was the camera angle. They should have made it a free-look type of view, a la Jedi Knight.

Guest Dave Maul

I personally think JPB had a better replay value, as you can unlock secret characters and levels as you play. But with TPM, you complete it once, and that's it. Yes, there are bigger levels and more freedom to explore, but it would be nice if you could have special options when you finish, like Skywalker mode (where you float on the air) or more weapons.

------------------

darthmaulprv.gif

Dave Maul

Guest Ray Park

I think the coolest looking scene is when you fight me, well, Maul, on that force field bridge. It is cinematicaly beautiful and I wish Georgy boy would have put that in the movie (my profile looks great against that dark backround).

I didn't like the way they animated me though, it doesn't show my breakaway speed.

Also, there was this one time with Mace (who I think is the best character in the game) at the last boss fight on the first level, where the two droids came from either side and I blocked just right and the shots hit them both at exactly the same time.

Archived