Home

WIP carbonfreeze2 shots

Livingdeadjedi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ray the answer is i have made it so you come through the correct door. But the route is alot longer than in film.

To make it like film would be Impossible

It would appear the sets and the outside of the gantry in the film werent even thought about. the actual tube luke walks down in film from carbon room to gantry is so small you could jump to the end LOL :D

So its quite a Journey in my map for realism. No other way round it unless i have carbon chamber hanging in the pit shaft. :eek:

ive made it so theres closed doors but you MUST take the path to the door in the window room

new screenshots here

http://www.pcgamemods.com/file.php?id=7bcdf75ad237b8e02e301f4091fb6bc8

the design of the chamber is even better now since they were taken :p

goto thank grey fox for pointing little detials out to me, even if i did dismiss some of them straight away HEHEHE :D

same goes for me ol chum XGdarthVADER me chief beta tester :rolleyes:

thanks everyone :D yeah when i try to add the red needed for the top part of the chamber it sends the floor into all kinds of different colours LOL so might have to leave red. ...... i could go for an orange =]]] hmmmmmm :p

Anyway i like the fog i added to =]]

About the brightness it tends to be brighter on what time of day you play. and how bright you gamma is for the game.

two good things that screenshots dont give justice to are.

1. You should see the carbon chamber in action =]]]] havnt got it to freeze anyone but it crushes you and the sounds are great =]]]]

2. If you fall off edge into foggy surround. you will enter a tube that spits you out into gantry pit area to your doom =]

or into that lower tube...... to your doom LOL

but i may add a teleport down in the tube to save you.

Got like a 50% split on people who want the tube luke falls into to kill you or to teleport you. Sometimes you get an odd fazing effect from sky when falling out of tube but other times ya dont. i think its if you get to close to the side of the mesh tube. So isnt too much of a worry.

Originally posted by Livingdeadjedi

2. If you fall off edge into foggy surround. you will enter a tube that spits you out into gantry pit area to your doom =]

You mean it doesn't have walls? The stage is just half-opened up like that? I don't understand...

This level ROCKS !!!!!! :D :D :D

I saw there are no little lamps on the banisters "outside" (the place where Luke lost his hand)I think you must make that. And the carbon chamber must be a little darker. :) :) :)

--------------------------------------------

E-Web 100 %

:eets:Here

--------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Dark Jawa

This level ROCKS !!!!!! :D :D :D

I saw there are no little lamps on the banisters "outside" (the place where Luke lost his hand)I think you must make that. And the carbon chamber must be a little darker. :) :) :)

Yeah, right now the carbon chambers are too bright... what little lamps are you talking about though? I don't remember any lamps - anyone have a picture of it?

Yep ive added those little lights.

i made a flare texture like the one in kamino map using photoshop but mine looks nicer EG more smooth :D

then i used shader ed to make it work.

Ive made carbon chamber darker now and proper coloured lights..

as for the blue fog that was easy peasy LOL :p

First find the texture with the word FOG on it and save it as a new name then ......

1. Look for the shader that would contain the fog. EG fogs ;)

2. Open it with wordpad

3. Copy and paste the lines of text youll need into a new wordpad ducument

4. Change the directory and the names of the textures to yours.

EG miune is textures/bespinnew/bespinfog or something like that LOL i cant be bothered to open up folder and check HEHEHE

5. save it as a new name EG name.shader .... the .shader bit makes it a shader :D

6.Make sure your new shader is in shaders folder in the base DIR

7. right click on it and do open with shaderED

8. Now change the opacity colour to blue =]]]] and save

so you could have PINK fog LOL

Hey ive found something very interesting today

My new map is absolutely HUGE right ,well one of my Colleagues at the AOTC TC wanted to look at the map file.

They use GTK radiant i use JK2radiant

and the map wouldnt open in GTK radiant as it was far to huge

I think ill stick with jk2radiant :D

And to put the icing on the cake

Hes been using GTK radiant since it came out and his comps been crashing badly for no reason all the time without doing anything while GTK was loaded

as soon as he uninstalled it and installed Jk2 radiant everything was fine.

So this would appear to be a graphics card incompatability or maybe something else.

Either way im sticking with Jk2radiant :p

Archived