Home

the bombings in Bali

Natty At Work

OK first of all again I'm freaking out- pretty much like I did last year on September11 I can't believe it, people need a good swift smack across the head (among other things) Wish there was something I could do but I don't know what :( I just hope that anyone I know who may have had family going to Bali are safe, terrible :(

On a more bitchy note...

...It's good to see that President Bush is rushing out to help those in Bali isn't it?:rolleyes: Oh hang on wait, I forgot no Americans were involved thus meaning that it doesn't concern Americans :( I'm being bitchy I know, but really last year literally everyone went rushing over to America to help out after the terrorist attacks in America and while I know the Bali attack is so small compared to the American attacks I still think it would have been nice to see Bush getting up on his soap box like he enjoys doing and offering to send out medical supplies or something. I must admit I kinda used to think Bush was ok, but lately I'm not so sure and it's the American public as well as the rest of the world who are gonna suffer because of his stupid rambling :mad:

OK, well I'm off tis good to see the forums up and running again hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone *smoochies* I should probably get back to work, was just having lunch break (yipeeeeeeeeeee)

My sister was to have gone to Indonesia next year. They would have been staying at Kuta beach.

I know it often seems like Australia is in one of the quieter corners of the world. That little corner feels a lot less safe at the moment.

187 confirmed deaths. 14 Australians dead, 220 missing.

We've been a supporter of the Bush war on terror, well I think that support'll grow even stronger now. Like you say though, Natty, it'd be nice to see some recognition of that fact.

Why Australia though? Come off it Howard hasn't been brown nosing and licking Bush's arse like Tony Blair has. Theres all the theories going around that this was an attack aimed directly at Australians because that particular part of Bali is very popular with Aussie tourists.

I didn't even feel safe travelling on the train this morning, and I shouldn't have to feel like this, I should be able to hop on a train without fear of whether I'm going to make it to or from from work, and if I do make it to work will I make it home?

what i don't like about bush, or any of the presidents for that matter si that america only looks out for america. but when that fails, lets bring in out so called 'friends' i.e, england and the rest. and Tony Blairs just an idiot. we've had problems with the IRA for decades, they've been bombing us and killing innocent people for ages, but what have america done to help us, jack squat, that's what. i say, they don't help us, we don't help them, that's what they get for leaving us out to dry when we need them the most (and don't try us with that 'We saved your arse in WWII', you could have come a long before we started getting our arses kicked in the first place.)

I don't know that Australians were the main target, my guess is that the group responsible are a bunch of Islamic militants who just wanted to kill Westerners, and the bunch at Bali were the nearest at hand.

If the target was Australia, though, it wouldn't just be for supporting Bush. Apparently Bin Laden was very annoyed at Australia for sending its troops to East Timor.

If my memory serves me correctly during history class, the British and other European countries who were being attacked by the Germans begged for American help but the Americans refused claiming it had nothing to do with them, even though these countries needed their help. Well now Bali needs America's help as well as other countries but America wont do anything about it- well ok Bush said these people need to be brought to justice but he isnt making much of an effort to get out there and bring them to justice

you know what, i've changed my mind, lets help america with theire problems, if only to show everyone that we wont sink down to their level and instead will actually help with a crisis when needed. i think that's what blairs doing, he's not forgiving the U.S or anything, just showing everyone that we're not like that, we don't leave good innocent people to die if it has nothing to do with us.

listening to the radio today, i heard a few things about bali (from listeners phoning in with their veiws) which i found interseting. firstly, if you live in england, then you've probably heard about the thirty english people who were in the bombing. yes that's right, 30 people out of 200, it's shocking.

but that's actually some people veiws ehre, they don't care about the 170 other people who were killed, it has nothing to do with them, but suddenly 30 of our people were kiled, well, better get involved then shouldn't we. it's stupid really, does it really seem like humanity only looks out for itself in general and no one else?

i have no relations in japan, or friends there, but if there just so happened to be an explosion there and hundred of people died, i'd still be upset, why isn't the rest of the world like this. i'm not saying they have to be like me, but at least more con siderate about what's going on in other countries instead of just there own.

also, isn't the bali bombing just a precognition of what's going to happen in Iraq? if bush's threats mean anything, then it is isn't it? honestly, this world is going to ruins and people are doing nothing about it.

Archived