Home

Anchorhead / Toschi Station

monsoontide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by monsoontide

1. Should I change the secret tunnel from behind the bar in the BLUE base to a slide?

2. Should I swap the BLUE skyhopper objective and the RED tractor beam objective (So that BLUE can destroy the tractor beam!)?

3. Are there enough SAGA objectives?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. There are enough. If there's a couple people playing, it will take a long time to meet the objectives, so 3 is good for now (I think). :)

-Anakin

Finally managed to have a game vs SunBurn - very cool.

The ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt files have to be identical to the ones on the server! I'll make sure this is noted in the release!

We tested SAGA (Which with just two people playing and a few bots - who need re routing, turns into a bit of a race!)

and JEDIMASTER which was also good fun!

Thanks for the answers Jedi_Anakin_S

If you want to try and join SunBurns server, get him to send you his ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt (And instructions if you need them)

Btw... there's currently 4 saga objectives per team.

Goodnight all.

Monsoontide!

Finally managed to have a game vs SunBurn - very cool.

The ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt files have to be identical to the ones on the server! I'll make sure this is noted in the release!

We tested SAGA (Which with just two people playing and a few bots - who need re routing, turns into a bit of a race!)

and JEDIMASTER which was also good fun!

Thanks for the answers Jedi_Anakin_S

If you want to try and join SunBurns server, get him to send you his ui/jk2mp/gameinfo.txt (And instructions if you need them)

Btw... there's currently 4 saga objectives per team.

Goodnight all.

Monsoontide!

Sent you a PM, monsoontide... the password you emailed me hasn't worked for me, so I have been unable to download the updated map. Can ya help me out?

-Anakin

1. Should I change the secret tunnel from behind the bar in the BLUE base to a slide?

2. Should I swap the BLUE skyhopper objective and the RED tractor beam objective (So that BLUE can destroy the tractor beam!)?

3. Are there enough SAGA objectives?

1. Not sure...

2. I guess the blue team removing the tractor beam makes more sense, and both objectives are in a similar area so it shouldn't effect the nice balance of the two side's objectives too much

3, I think a definate yes, even with just a few people who know what they are doing getting all the objectives isn't quick and easy, and with team of say 5 a side or more there can be defence of objectives too, and people going for different objectives, and so 4 each side will provide tons and tons of depth of playability and tactics. Any more than 4 objectives on a map this side could just get a bit confusing, I think 4 per side is about right :)

Any more than 4 objectives on a map this side could just get a bit confusing, I think 4 per side is about right

Yep, I agree! It took me awhile to remember all of the objectives for both sides, but I think I got it now! :)

I played it all day yesterday with my son (connected from our other computer) and I'm happy to say, there are NO major flaws! There is a few problems with the bots getting stuck in certain places, mainly in the outrider, but the creator is aware of this and is working on fixing this problem.

Monsoontide was finally able to connect after I sent him my gameinfo.txt file. It appears that the user has to have the same gameinfo.txt file as the server. Not sure why this is, but if you need me to send you mine, email me at: myownweatheredprison@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you.

Now for the big news....I beat the creator...hehe...only once though...he won 2 out of 3 times. pretty fun racing to get the objectives before him. I was fine unless I fell off a tower or catwalk, or ran into the bots we added that were "hanging out" in and around the outrider. Anyway, it was fun!

It would be fun if it was a downward spiraling slide that ended falling in a pool of water :)

SunBurN

Still waiting on feedback from a couple of people.

You know who you are;)

Thanks to all who have been sending feedback - I still making changes based on your advice and bug testing - Not long til release date now (NOV 1).

(Then I can finish of the Scout Trooper Model & Blaster I'm working on!) :speeder:

Monsoontide

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up... I need All your feedback by SUNDAY if at all possible so I spend the last week implementing /tweaking/bugfixing!!!

:deathii:

I'm currently thinking of making a couple of the objectives trigger other things (Like Doors) but am not sure yet. Have to try to keep the game balanced! I think it might be easier being on BLUE currently - What do you think (red easier / Blue Easier?)

Monsoontide

I think they're pretty balanced. With Red you have to go to cantina, way high up in tower, slave 1 and outrider and Blue you have to go to repair shop, way high up in sky hopper, Toschi sta. control room, and slave 1. Both teams have to go to pretty much the same areas to complete their objectives, so it seems pretty balanced to me.

Originally posted by SunBurN

I think they're pretty balanced. With Red you have to go to cantina, way high up in tower, slave 1 and outrider and Blue you have to go to repair shop, way high up in sky hopper, Toschi sta. control room, and slave 1. Both teams have to go to pretty much the same areas to complete their objectives, so it seems pretty balanced to me.

I'd agree myself, I think you'd be hard pushed to get it much more balanced

Does anyone know how to start BOT EDITING in any game mode other than FFA :confused:

A copule of reply comments from the screenshots.

1. You're supposed to be able to get through the "window" on the imperial base, though I may change that - as it's a bit too easy to get to the generator that way. (Comments on this?)

2. BOTS are stupid! (Actually I'm still working on refining the Bot routes as it really hard to get them to do what I want!)

3. Z-Fighting/Caulking/Lighting - I'll try and take care of all these issues. (In the New DOOM 3 Radiant, you can actually see the lighting & effects in the 3D preview window! - Can't wait til it comes out!)

4. I can only stop the lifts at two points without scripting them.

I'm just going to read the questionaire now!

Thanks again.

Monsoontide

hey monsoontide,

i love the map. i wrote a huge long reply to your questionaire but before i could send it you released a new version. and remarkably all of the bugs i reports in my response were cleaned up in the new version. i think the map is incredible and i can't find much to fix or change now that you've updated. however, i'll get you a new response by sunday, though it won't be that long now that it is nearly perfect. great job!

PS. mariners2001 is fine listed in credit

2. BOTS are stupid! (Actually I'm still working on refining the Bot routes as it really hard to get them to do what I want!)

3. Z-Fighting/Caulking/Lighting - I'll try and take care of all these issues. (In the New DOOM 3 Radiant, you can actually see the lighting & effects in the 3D preview window! - Can't wait til it comes out!)

2. Having worked on bot routing a bit myself recently, I heartily agree! I found it a challenge to move them around my extremely simple map, your map is extremely complex and getting bots acting like humans in it is some kind of challenge in itself! Bots just aren't very flexible, it's like trying to train an army of squirrels how to spell out S.O.S. (when seen from the air).

3. I think the quality of your overal build really shows through in how few z-fighting or lighting issues there are (I can't actually remember spotting any myself). That seeing lighting and effects in the 3d preview would be amazing :D

A copule of reply comments from the screenshots.

1. You're supposed to be able to get through the "window" on the imperial base, though I may change that - as it's a bit too easy to get to the generator that way. (Comments on this?)

4. I can only stop the lifts at two points without scripting them.

1. Yeah, I think so. Make it harder! :)

2. Erm... in SAGA doesn't they have to go to the objectives? I took a look in your .saga file and it said that. So I was wondering why that bot wich is on one of the screenshots doesn't stay near that one it was passing by always.

It's OK that the bots are too stupid to find their way, it wasn't easy even for me. :)

3. Funny. :) When I saw OpenGL lighting in GtkRadiant for the first time I thought that means I can see the lighting effects in 3D view so I turned it on. :)

4. OK. Then isn't better if player couldn't call the lift at the middle door? It is not too high above the below platform. (Or func_train? :))

In my humble opinion, the window to toschi sta control room IS what keeps things balanced! If Blue didn't have that access, then they would have a bit further to travel and manuver through than red team. Since all red has to do is go to the two ships up there...that can be done very easily by (after getting the yalmisari from the slave 1) going out and jumping up to the next walkway...then it's a short run to the outrider and then, two objectives are complete.

I think you should leave the window in and accessable to the control room .

SunBurN

Just updating with a lsit of changes I've recently made.

1. There is now a stairway halfway between the RED & BLUE bases leading from level 1 to level 2. (There are pickups in the stairway)

2. I've changed the secret door in BLUE base (That was behind the bar) into a more obvious trap door behind the bar, that leads to a slide the empties you out at street level! It will only open when the rebels deactivate the generator objective!

3. The landspeeder is now out in the street and the pod engine is inside the workshop with another one and an energy binder between the two that will hurt if you walk through it!

4. There is - in theory an explosion in the Outriders engine when the RED team completes that objective - I can't tell if it works properly though as it's outside and I'm inside when I activate it!!! (It does go BOOM though!)

5. When the red team activates the Tractor Beam an effect appears 'zapping' the Outrider.

6. Added a speeder bike by the Slave1 towing the frozen Han Solo. (Just for my own amusement really!)

7. There are now 3 air VENTS alaong the crater walls that will PUSH the player over the edge if the player forgets to jump over the vent.

8. Changed the rotating thingy in the tractor beam thingy to an energy effect (So I can use the fun_brushes for something else - I think I only have one or two left before hitting the limit that will crash the map!!!)

9. I've added more junk in the junkyard, made the jukebox in the bar prettier, added a few more lights in the RED base and am in general tidy up / finish off phase.

ANY LAST FEEDBACK / REQUESTS FOR CHANGES / FIXES? ;)

NB: The bots can't get to all the objectives owing to the fact that I haven't worked out how to bot edit in any mode except for FFA!

Monsoontide.

Archived