Home

When I bsp I get Sof2 error

Shadyz

When I attempt to BSP my arena which ive doen before, half way through the bsp Win xp gives me an Sof2.exe error. I tried to replace the sof2 and reinstalled jk2 and jk2radiant etc. even attempted to bsp in GTK but still same error. I dont know what the problem is I check my junk.txt no errors. It creates a .bak file but no .bsp file. please help.

I don't think the texture format will crash sof2map. You can compile just fine with incorrect textures. Once you want to run the game the engine will give the texture error. So that can't be it.

It is weird that sof2map crashes(It's most likely just winXp acting up). Check the date of your junk file. If Sof2map crashes it's unlikely that it was updated when sof2map chrashed. You might be reading the junk data from your last succesful compile.

The only thing i can tell is to try q3map2 to compile your maps.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79776

Hi thanks fo rthe suggestions. I hadnt need to compile because i sen tthe map to UltimateZeus who is scripting everything for it. Anyway I havent been abel to make a new map btu Im starting today and willle t yo guys know. I seriously appreciate the responses. Thanks again. :D

Archived