Home

CHURCH

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Guest Barnabas Antilies

( Darthjustin69 suggest I become a priest so here it is)

Hello everyone thanks for coming. We will skip praise and worhip today.

I don't know what you all beleive or how much you beleive it. I for one am a christian. I beleive in God and try to live acordingly.

The whole jedi, sith struggle in my opinion seems to be a personification of the christian struggle. Trying to overcome the evil that is put in your path through life.

I know that at times it is a hard thing to do. I just hope that everyone in here knows of the Joy I am talking about.

Do not allow your yourself to get caught up in religion, it can break you apart, this is a bad thing. But trust in God and his ways.

Now go in peace.

------------------

wiz031.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Darth Vader
Originally posted by Barnabas Antilies:(

The whole jedi, sith struggle in my opinion seems to be a personification of the christian struggle.

I never thought of it that way. Thats something to think about.

Guest Derbunk

Barnabas i think that you have had too much sleep!

------------------

chewbacca.jpg

Derbunk

Walking fleabag of the Un-Council

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Any other coments?

------------------

wiz031.jpg

Guest ShadeShifter

I agree with you Chancellor. I too am a Christian. I compare the light and dark sides of the force to Ephesians 3:1-8. To everything there is a season, a time and place under the heavens.

------------------

newsig.jpg

Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequaties of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

------------------

Nice kylilin.jpg

Guest Darth_Maul

Excellent Quote. Barn, you are truly suited for politics you old windbag! Preach on Brotha

------------------

darthmaul.jpg

Darth Maul

Dark Lord of the Sith Order

Fear. Fear attracts the fearfull. The strong.....the weak....the innocent.

Fear is my ally.

Guest Kurgan

Ephesians 6:12,

For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Kurgan

------------------

4568-P-Kur-Front.gif

Guest jedihorn1

I am a Christian as well, and have been called to the ministry. Like Shade, I too have always thought of the light and dark side kinda like the Rightous vs. unrightous. Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light, like Palpatine did in ep.1. And he has the equvelint of the Dark Side. But God is the end all be all of the "FORCE" and his saints are given the power of the light. "The Light is the antidote of the darkness" I love God, and Jesus Christ has saved me and cleansed me of my sin. I am not perfect, but God loves me anyway. God loves each and every one of you too. If you would like to know more about the love God has, or if you have any questions. please feel free to e-mail me at jedihorn1@hotmail.com

God Bless you all.

------------------

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

[This message has been edited by jedihorn1 (edited May 07, 2000).]

Guest Darth_Simpson

Sorry to say this, but Christianity is such bull**** ( my opinion ). I`m an Atheist and proud of it.

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Jedi.jpg

Guest Barnabas Antilies

Sorry to here that Simpson.

I have athiest friends and it makes me sad but it doesn't make them less of a friend. I once courted a girl that was wicken and she was happy as one. Than one day it all changed. She said she had a dream and an angel told her that I was rite.

Ever since than she's been a christian.

I know that seems like a cheesy story, but it is true.

------------------

wiz031.jpg

Guest Darth_Simpson

It really sounded cheesy. All religions have those damn rules you have to follow.

Christianity has all the rules that dont work out in real life - Homer Simpson

I have nothing against people who believe in God, I just find it slightly wierd.

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest Ikhnaton

rules that don't work in real life.. you mean rules that go against what society tells us or what our bodies tell us? Doing the right thing is always going to get you ridiculed by somebody-or-other. Does this mean we shouldn't do it?

If you love God, you want to serve him. If you really love him, you will try to do his will to the best of your ability, and this means you need to get down to the nitty gritty. "What would Jesus do?" is a good motto to follow.

The secret is to love God and love your neighbor. If you truly do love both as much as you can, the rules of Christianity make sense. If you love self, then Christianity makes no sense, and the "rules" of society make more sense.

Guest Darth_Simpson

eeeeerrrrrrrrrr.........whatever

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest Jedi Kanigget

You talk of rules as if they're a bad thing, Darth_Simpson. (I assume--and HOPE--that you don't get all of your information on Christianity from the Simpsons.) Rules keep things structured. Without order, there is only chaos, which is not a good thing. Granted, some Christians(Mainly the medieval, but there are still some today) have taken God's word into their own hands, creating rules and regulations that God had or has not ever made.

What "rules" does Christianity have that do not work out in real life? Back up your argument with facts, or you will have no ground to stand on.

Do you find people that do not fit your way of life "weird?". Don't get my tone wrong, I'm not angry at you, it's just that your reasons are small and have little argumentative value. If you don't believe in God, fine, that's your problem. I won't sit here and try to convert you, that's not the way. I'm here to make you think about what you say about things, especially if you are not totally informed on them.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Darth Wart

congratulations, Barnabas Antilles, on originating an intriguing thread.

the Force analagous to the Christian struggle? Hmmmm. There might be something to that.

One problem: Christ recommended "loving your enemies" and "turning the other cheek."

But the Jedi do not turn the other cheek; instead they respond with fancy weaponry and recondite martialism. That isn't in the gospels.

Comment?

------------------

There is a complete online JPB strategy guide available at:

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Obviously, Star Wars isn't totally influenced by Christianity, there's Buddhism, Hinduism, and some others I can't think of right now. Lucas tooks aspects of a lot of religions and combined them for Star Wars. The Force is DEFINITELY not strictly Christian influenced, nor are it's rules totally the same.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 02, 2000).]

Guest Hannibal

Ah, Chancellor you courted her? Let me guess your first move get a time machine and go back to the 20's? smile.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

------------------

colorlecter.jpg

Man-eating vice-president of the Un-Council

Guest Barnabas Antilies

We never realy dated although rumor had it we both wanted to go out. So we did. Nothing ever happened between us and we never really dated. So yes I courted her.

Back to the subject:

I agree that many rules are mande by man to serve there own needs. But if you read the bible, you will see that, nothing in there is so off the wall that it couldn't work in Everyday life.

I would also like to add a comment to the moderators. Thanks for discussing this. It's not often you drop in without chastising us.

------------------

wiz031.jpg

hmmm, very interesting, jedi horn and dath wart are BOTH christians, very good, kudos to both of you, perhaps there is hope for the sith yet....

i, too, am an active christian, and i too, get gruff about it, because there arnt a lot of people where i live who appritiate who i am. but yes, i have always thought of the struggle between the light and dark side as the same stuggle between GOD and the devil

------------------

medieval-300.jpg

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter

-Calypso

Guest Darth_Talon

Your all to damn religous

------------------

darthtalon.jpg

"Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb."

-Dark Helmet to LoneStar (Spaceballs)

i am too a christion. i have also noticed something in ep1.ANNIE HAS NO FATHER.HE WAS BORN OF A VIRGIN. wonder where lucas got that idea.

[This message has been edited by obi-wan13 (edited May 02, 2000).]

Guest Darth_Simpson

My reason for finding some religions wierd, isthe fact that the believe in a higher power, something that has never been witnessed by human eye. Why would you believe something someone wrote a thousand years ago? You might as well worship George Lucas ( who doesnt ) or Robert Jordan because they write and come up with fascinating things. It doesnt make sense to me.

And Jedi Kanigget, I do not base my opinions on the Simpsons show. Sorry if I have upset you when saying I find people who believe in God wierd, its just that I cant understand why they believe in him. There is nothing at all wrong with it, its just not me.

And rules are a good thing. The Simpsons quote was merely a joke, rules are an important aspect of life.

About the 10 stone plates God supposedly gave Moses. One of them said "Thou shall not steal". Can you honestly tell me that EVERY Christian do not steal. Justan example of a rule that dont work very well. By saying this I do not mean that every Christian is a thief, only that there is exceptions to EVERY rule ever made.

------------------

Jedi.jpg

Guest darthjustin69

Barnabas are you living in the stoneage? "You once courted a girl" Wow that sounds like fun and it relly does sound like you have a life(laughing hahaha). Well my friend im catholic a denomination of christian and i have no idea how you can bring religon up in a fantasy world like Star Wars! Dont get me wrong i like Star Wars but it's not that much of my life. I wouldnt want to comare the bible with Star Wars related events.

------------------

swig003.jpg

... "You are no match for me weak Jedi"

DARK LORD OF THE SITH MASTER

Sith Order Member

Archived