Home

Whats your favorite non Lucasart adventure games?

The Adventurer

Whoa, have I been gone a while or what? my home comp is craping out and I can't access Mojo:confused: ah well.... here list your fav non-lucasart adventures here, tell us why too...

6) Myst 3: Exile (I hate the original Myst with a rage only matched by my hate for....um...no wait nothing matches my rage at myst. HOWEVER I had some spare cash and needed my adventure game fix so I broke down and got 3. Hell yeah, this game is f-ing great, the puzzle acual make some sort of sence and keeps me chalanged. and the visuals will blow you away)

5) The NeverHood (Used to be one of my top favs but its starting to wear off, the claymation is different and cool but the puzzles feel very "myst" like. Still a fun game though)

4) Return to Zork (The hardest, most mind exploding game ever created. A game where if you ONE thing wrong at the begining of the game you can not finsh with out restarting. But I still love it, the humor still keeps me coming back over and over again)

3) Bladerunner (Deep, moving detective story with very cool visuals, however the puzzles are a little....weak. and there are twitch "shooting" parts)

2) Zork Nemesis (By far the most engrossing adventure I've ever played, while many dismiss it as a Myst clone they're missing out on one of the greatest story driven adventure games ever.)

1)Zork Grand Inquistior (Take Monkey Island add some Myst 3 and a huge helping of Dirk Benedick acting. this is by far the GREATEST non-lucasart games ever. Outside of a few puzzles the game flows like a dream. Buy it NOW!)

I will be getting Siberia soon, it looks to be quite good.

PS: The Legend of Zelda is NOT and adventure game, it is an ACTION game.

Me, I liked Space Quest and Quest for Glory. I liked Space quest because it was pretty funny, and I liked Quest For Glory due to the RPG aspect of the game. It added much needed replay value making you want to play the game three times for Warrior, Magic, and Theif.

*** Tex Murphy series - unbelievably revolutionary, not enough worshipped as it should be either

*** Operation Stealth (delphine software, quite unknown game but its sooo damn godlike!)

*** Future Wars (delphine software) also soooo very cool to play :p

*** Police Quest 1 (and some of the sequels)

*** Larry (of course!)

*** Misc. Sierra ownage games

ohh well that's enough to have this count as a valuable post, im sure

Originally posted by QueZTone

*** Larry (of course!)

Argh...you're so right! How could I forget about Larry?

I haven't played too many of these games but those I played were just great. On the entertain-o-meter I would rate it right next to the Legend of Kyrandia 1&3.

Archived