Home

Best player... who?

GROBAS

Originally posted by ZDawg

What do you people see in NF dueling? Star wars is STAR WARS becuse of the force, without it its just bashing sticks... go put a saber into Quake if you want to bash glowsticks... youll get a better FPS anyways.

I could also say that those blasters etc are hideuosly weak compared to those in the movies. Same goes for the force.

If you want to play something realistic, stop playing computer games and go outside for some sports.

Bah, you'll play and stick your stuff and hopefully stop bugging the rest of us.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't do NF Datheus?...I never said I was the best w/ NF. That's mainly b/c it's so amazingly dull I don't understand how anyone would want to even do it. Yes, I can play NF and no, I don't own w/ it. There are about 5 people I can think of that can consistenly beat me in NF duels. Maybe that's b/c I can only think of 2 different occasions that I (actually) participated in a NF duel. If you beat me NF...kudos, I don't give a d@mn. What people should realize is that there isn't a way to be THE BEST player in this particular game. There are too many aspects that you'd have to excel in. Particularly, I've advanced in FF duel/ffa/tffa. That doesn't mean I totally suck at everything else, just that I don't ever practice it. There are atleast 3 different levels of play in this game. 1) guns 2) FF saber 3) NF saber...yeah, and CTF, which, is a whole different ballgame. FF is what I like; it's what I do. If you're trying to find the best player in the game...you won't. You'll find a handfull of people that devoted time to a certain area that they excel in.

I do not do alot of NF Dueling, Im a FFer. For NF I would say the best on the MSN ZONE ( http://zone.msn.com ) would have to be TFF_Jecht or LOST_Dirt. If you want to talk Full Force I would have to say in 1.03 EJM_KnightMarez or KJ_Janizary_JM ( Who has retired ) in 1.04 I would say RC_C_MastaMorph. I am also a good FF Dueler. If you would like a match contact me on the zone on the name RC_HaVoK.

Again I will have to agree with ZD. Personally I am a FFA kinda guy, But I love a good duel here and there. Guns are where I excel. Everybody has a different approach to this game, because there is so much you can do with it. When I get bored with guns maybe I will become a FF Dueler, or maybe CTF, who knows. Main rule: Play the game for fun

Originally posted by Datheus

Eh, sometimes he tries... some times he doesn't... At his best, the duels wouldn't even last 30 seconds, and he'd still have full HP.

Besides, who knows how common that name is

:) You're right. However, the Phr00t I know really rocks. And frankly, I beat him maybe a couple of times, and also got owned some :)

I am not stating to be generally better than him... or anybody... except bots, maybe :D

Many people seem to think that the guys on darkside r0xxx0rs, are über l33t etc.

Frankly, even though they're very, very good, the dudes I've fought on some Finnish and English servers are just as good, plays the same way, and knows the same tricks.

There are a ton of "unknown heroes" who never come to post at any forums, never say anything worthwhile while gaming, that are just as good as those that get all the publicity.

Just because those guys at darkside are American doesn't mean a Swedish player isn't just as good, not to mention better.

Now, for some funny quirks I've discovered while playing on different servers:

-People on the darkside servers rarely say good fight, and when they do, it's usually only to people who beat them.

-People on scandinavian servers are loathe to use other stances than red, to a horrifying degree. The occassional "odd" lunge thrown in for good measure.

-The guys on darkside view the game as constant competition, always mumbling about how sure of themselves they are that they'll beat the next dude. That is not to say, however, that they resort to dirty tactics at all.

-People on servers other than American or UK have a tendency to group with other people from their country, speaking only their native language if there are others of that nationality nearby... Quite the plague really...

Just some tendencies I noticed, you needn't not agree with me.

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

best players ive played...

Jubatus,

Give it up (worms world player)

Needle

JC FIN

Sosky

Jais

Beowulf

Lexx:D

Kingsize

Jah, you forgot the "almighty tie" if I know you right.... :D

I would have placed him at the top of that list, next to Juba.... :p

Originally posted by cjais

Jah, you forgot the "almighty tie" if I know you right.... :D

I would have placed him at the top of that list, next to Juba.... :p

no i didnt forget him.

he uses running lunge too much for my liking. and empty your damn mail box jais!!! or at least check your PM's once in a while

Originally posted by V-tecc

Grrr... not on ure list am I? :)

I wrote this list before you beat my @ss in CTF on your clan server. Besides I haven't dueled you yet.

Hey manspeaking of which I have a CTF match this Sat. did you want to spectate? I can give you the pass and you can see what some of the other clans can bring to the table.

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

no i didnt forget him.

he uses running lunge too much for my liking. and empty your damn mail box jais!!! or at least check your PM's once in a while

Ahhh.... never noticed his lunges, but I reckon he used the running ones a bit yes. Still an awesome player though.

And I aint never gettin' any PM's sir!!! Been 2 months since I last got a PM from anyone :( *sniff*....

Originally posted by cjais

-People on servers other than American or UK have a tendency to group with other people from their country, speaking only their native language if there are others of that nationality nearby... Quite the plague really...

Just some tendencies I noticed, you needn't not agree with me.

Hmm... well don't ESPECIALLY Americans and UK people do the very same thing? Just that their native language happens to be english, that supposedly everyone understands?

All I have to say ist that I definately have met more Non-Americans/Non UK people speaking another than their native language (read: English) than Americans/UK people speak anything else than their language. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bluezman

Hmm... well don't ESPECIALLY Americans and UK people do the very same thing? Just that their native language happens to be english, that supposedly everyone understands?

All I have to say ist that I definately have met more Non-Americans/Non UK people speaking another than their native language (read: English) than Americans/UK people speak anything else than their language. :rolleyes:

Well yes, but if there are only two guys present from that country (eg: Spain), they'll immediately start talking spanish during the duel, instead of fighting! They'll happily waste everyone else's time by turning the duel server into an online chatroom for themselves.

And also, it frustrates me to no end that they're not talking english, since that's what everyone else understands, *regardless* of whether they're from the US/UK. It's like they can't realize that no one else understands their spanish and are bothered about them chatting during the game. They'll also expect everyone else to be spanish the moment they've met another spaniard: start talking to you in spanish/swedish/german and pretend you understand it.

PS: I'm doing a gross generalization here, in order to get my point across, it's not like this is the norm on the servers I frequent - predominantly this happens on the Finnish and German servers....

On the 10 good Danish servers we have, no Dane talks Danish unless he knows the other is Danish as well.

• 4 months later...

I don't play nf duelz never had. But my vote goes to Cjais or Skinwalker just from the way they talk.

For overall. My vote goes to HooDWinkeR or myself. Yes, for certain gametypes there are those better than us but rare. Hood is better than Darksun in guns who's almost at faith's level. In CTF, he's really good, able to own mod and alt by himself with a mediocre team. In ff sabs he's not bad. In guns I'm near Hood's level but not quite. but in ctf im almost as good also. ff sabs im one of the best but not quite able to beat the uj and break.

For best in gametypes

1.03 ff sabs DarkFigure or NR_reborn

1.04 ff sabs SF-Break

1.04 ff guns Narbes (SyK_Narbes, EAH_Toggler, dsbr_buffeh)

1.04 ctf ah hard to say. there isn't one godly ctf player, because you really need a godly team. Matt (react) i would say i vote for since he's real fast. He lacks buffeh's accuracy, but he makes it up for speed.

I haven't met a lot of great players in a looong time, but if I must name someone, it would have to be Dr. Beck's (FFA, guns+force)

Dunno exactly what he is doing, but he logged on a couple of times when I was playing and racked up twice as many frags as I did in half the time. I barely saw him during those games, but apparently someone else did...and died. :D

I guess he is german.(?)

Heh.....1.04 nf duels...there is no contest on who it is.

Most people don't know him, he only stays in his clan server, but when it's time to go out, I have never seen someone as good, and most good duelers that know him would agree. Oh, and I'm not saying who!

Originally posted by 00M-187

Master_Ytnom on the zone...

I find that hard to belive. Before I joined SF, and then after it died when the clan I lead, NR, got a dedicated server I played exclusivly on the zone. I was easily the best FF Saberist on there along with KyNeS and know all the best NFers, and I gotta say you werent one of them. Kynes also will tell you the same thing.

Originally posted by NR_SC_ReBoRN__

Nah... I wasnt one of the best in 1.03 FF Sabers... I think im one of the top FF Saberists in 1.04 but not the top... I would have to give that to Break ( well hes retired ), Swift, or Unnamed.

/blush

Break was the King and always will be.

He innovated too much and perfected things that even today most of us do only 1/2 as well.

As for current.

I would have to go with either Swift or format (both in shockwave) as the top FF/SO players in JK2.

Both of them are far more well rounded than I am.

Archived