Home

Don't Download Jediplus!!!

-Chrono_MOT-

I couldn't believe this myself, but I bet NONE of you knew that JediPLUS gives BOFH secret access to your server through some code he placed in there. So effectively, he can control your server if he joined it! I saw this in action tonight on a server I was playing on. Apparently this sliver of code gives him free will to screw around with anyone's server! He even threatened to bring down my friend's (TMBJ) server if it was running JediPLUS.

Not only is this unethical, it is highly illegal and DEFINITELY against any moral laws that exist today. I suggest someone decompile his mod (if possible) and check his source code.

Once again, this is NOT a lie, a hoax, or a joke. This is 100% serious. BOYCOTT this mod, and DO NOT download it or put it on your server!

Well this is certainly a surprise.

Anyway, LucasArts/Raven have that nice disclaimer:

"LucasArts and Raven Entertainment will not be held responsible for any modifications/expansions to this game" or something to that effect.

There are some sick people in the world that try this sort of thing all the time. I do not know if this is true or not, however, because it has never happened to me. (Though I do not have a dedicated server)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived