Home

Good fight?.....

C'jais

When a match is over in duel, do you say "gf" whether you won or lost?

Do you only say it if you actually think it was a good fight?

How bout if the fight is over in 2 secs because of a stray DFA?

Do you have it bound?

Is it only a good fight if you won? :eyeraise:

Me, I say good fight almost all the time, except when I'm battling some sore loser who has insulted me or otherwise made his idiocy known to me.... Oh, and if the fight is won through sheer luck by a fluke Special at the start of the match, it wasn't a terribly "good fight" either....

i say good fight evry time (yea yea, respect). even if a loser is playing and bugging me. i just keep calm and KILL him or change my saber tactics to a bit dirty. the first loser playing crap against me and winning hasnt been born yet. :D

I try to make it depend on how the fight actually was.

If it was a good fight, I say GF (don't have it bound). Sometimes, I also say N1 (nice one) or VGF (very good fight).

When it was really amazing, I even type it out: "very good fight!" but that's pretty much as good as it gets.

When I fight someone new to the game I also say GF when I can see that he made a considerable effort to fight well, even if it was an easy fight for me.

When having bad fights or fighting complete jackasses, I say nothing or even "BF". It depends on whether I want to make this a statement or not. "BF" most of the times provokes something like "What do you mean, BF?". So if I don't want to get into this discussion, being tired of explaining to people that being DFA'ed while bowing is lame, I just say nothing.

I have a few binds in 1.02 for duels.

[][] Good Fight [][]

[][] Nice hit! [][]

[][] Great Duel! [][]

[][] Damn you! [][]

Then for the bad ....

[][] After all that trash talk you suck, how sad [][]

[][] You died! w00t! [][]

[][] smoking will kill me before you will [][]

Usually, as long as my opponent has put forth some effort into the fight (i.e. used something other than DFA), then I'll compliment them on the fight, regardless of whether or not I win or lose.

Howerver, if all they do is DFA, or if they just come up to me and start hacking while I'm waiting for a duel, or just being a complete tool, then whatever...for me respect is earned, not given.

I post a "gg" whether I win or lose. Whether or not some lame-o is trying to wreck the fun. If the poor sports realize no one is responding to their lame chat or spamming stupidity, they will go elsewhere eventually.

I only say "gf" if it was a gf. If someone really wallops me, I type out a compliment like "nice move :)" or "sweet combo!" to let them know.

Telling someone it's a gf when it wasn't may make them think they are better than they are. OTOH, gg applies to any game that was fun, and shows good sportsmanship, win or lose. My 5 year old son's t-ball teams even line up for the gg handshake after the game. It's a good way to try to keep things friendly when tempers may be flaring up a bit. :)

Archived