Home

Hogwarts WIP

Eldritch

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Yugioh79

Can't you just find the textures used for the Harry Potter game for the pc? They could be deep inside some file just like all the skins are for Jk2. or are the textures to cartoonish? That would be the easy way out... :p:ewok:

Welcome to the forums, Yugioh. :D

Couple of problems with your suggestion:

1) I don't have the Harry Potter game for the PC (nor do I really want it, lol... but if someone has it and could check out your suggestion, it might help)

2) IF there are textures in the PC game for Harry Potter, they may not work, or may be too blurry or something. I'd have to see them to know.

On a side note, i've finally caved in on the textures thing and gotten to work on it myself... not sure how it will turn out, but hopefully you'll be able to tell for yourself later tonight. WhiteShdw has offered to help me with some textures, but he's also currently busy with the DotF version 2 map working with Shadriss. That's all for now.

Originally posted by __CKY__

That us really good looking dude it looks perfect to me what else do you have to add in to that room or is it done?:)

It's not even nearly done. There's still about a zillion things to add. If I left it like that I'd get laughed at - plus it only vaguely looks like the room right now. That was just to show how it looked with some textures that weren't from JO.

And James, screenies would be nice... as many as you can get from as many of the areas of the castle as you can get. And if you have it on PC, perhaps you could look in the folder where it's installed to see if there's any texture folder. If so, contact me right away (I can tell you how to copy them out so I can possibly use them). Both things would be a great help.

Quidditch field and most outdoors areas will most likely not be included in the map, as it would be too difficult. However, if this changes, I'll let you know.

I basically need as many screenshots of the inside as you can get - Great hall, entrance hall, House common rooms, classrooms, hallways, etc.

Take pictures of EVERYTHING (close ups too if something is too small) - architecture, paintings, stones in the ceiling, wall or floor, rugs, the more pictures you get, the more accurate I can make the level.

Originally posted by ZDawg

People say i look like Draco... or what ever his name is, becuse of my hair... yea i wont bore you with my life :D

You've got blonde hair slicked back? Interesting.

And Yugioh, I do have cable, dling them now. Thanks for your hard work - you'll be sure to get a mention in the readme when it's released. :D

You'll have to post a link to the screenshots (just like the other .zips)... Tripod won't allow me to do a remote download. :(

Altus, I may be able to use your help with some parts of the mapping... I just need to get a little organized, and I need some time to sort through this mountain of information that Yugioh just got for me. Email or PM a way to contact you and I'll give you details when I have it.

Originally posted by Yugioh79

I just edited the url and thanks JEDI_Anakin_S. I just wish i could do more like make some of the map but im a newb to map making and modding.

Well, you were able to put together this pretty well... can you make textures or model? Because I do need a couple of different things... those these textures are fantastic, it's going to take me forever to go through them, lol.

No, nothing for tonight. I just want to work on the textures... if you can just keep taking screenshots, i'm going to put together sort of a map... so I know how to build it, what goes where, what textures to use... it will save a lot of time later on.

:EDIT: Looking at the screenshots, don't worry about closeups of paintings and stuff... I need more of the big picture of where stuff goes, especially in the Dining Hall and the rest of Hogwarts hallways, staircases, etc...

Sorry for not getting the dining hall yet. I have to play the game to get into the new places so i'm trying to hurry through the game so i can get there. I got more screen shots last night and i will post them when i get home from school. :bored: Do you want any pics of the outside? Like outside the main entrance door. :rolleyes:

Archived