Home

adjust custom avs limitation

-s/<itzo-

you know what would be good. if the admins adjust the limitations of custom avatars. editing the lenght and the size is the hardest part i think. they should increase the limit of the lenght and the size of custom avs. it will be much easier for av creators out there.

80x80-100x100 and 30,000-50,000 bytes sounds good. what do you think???????

the reason why i brought up this discussion because there are times when i make an av where the size that i have exceeds more than the 20,000 bytes expectation and go over it by a few hundred kb. i hate it when that happens. i've done everything croping, optimizing, reducing colors, and taking a few frames out. and it just messes up everything. it reduces the quality of your av and you feel like giving up.

Hell, why don't we just give everyone ftp access and let you guys upload everything you want. Or maybe we should let people post miniature versions of their favorite movies as their avatars. How cool would THAT be?

;)

Guys, there's just way to many reasons why the size limit needs to stay at 20kb and 70x70.

Originally posted by Padanime

u may think it sux having such limitations, but think about the ppl on the forum with a 56k connection. page would take so long to load cause of all the big avs. i think its just fine the way it is.

Unhappyily I am a 56k er, AND I WANT BIGGER (in file size) AVATARS!!! :D:p

yeah, ofcourse we are not here for our avs or sigs i'm just suggesting things that would be easier for us av makers. its not like i want to put a whole movie in my av, i'm just saying to increase the limitation to the extent were it don't hurt the loading time dramatically.

i think the loading time here is fine. do you guys check out the forums down at file network i don't see anybody complaining about the loading time over there. the av limit there are 100x100 and up to 40,000 kb. but that place is boring, i hardly go over there. lucasforums is the place to be.

and yeah it do sux for the 56kers out there, but christmas is coming guys, better ask santa for a cable modem.

:)

Originally posted by LBuRNa

yeah, ofcourse we are not here for our avs or sigs i'm just suggesting things that would be easier for us av makers. its not like i want to put a whole movie in my av, i'm just saying to increase the limitation to the extent were it don't hurt the loading time dramatically.

i think the loading time here is fine. do you guys check out the forums down at file network i don't see anybody complaining about the loading time over there. the av limit there are 100x100 and up to 40,000 kb. but that place is boring, i hardly go over there. lucasforums is the place to be.

and yeah it do sux for the 56kers out there, but christmas is coming guys, better ask santa for a cable modem.

:)

I am fine with the current avatar limits.

Frankly, I feel that moving avatars draw away from the actual post.

Also, because even though I have photoshop elements, I dont have a clue to how to make a .gif :D

Archived