Home

WIP: Mace Windu

Toonces

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should change the Kyle and Munro saber colors to any other color available, and it should work if that doesn't; you may also need to read this thread.

I'm going to go see if editing the npc.cfg is the answer now :)

PS: I hate SP :D

I haven't tested any cutscenes but the normal color was blue; I haven't tried the method from the thread in-game; but that might work :)

Thanks Hèkx Nòxú, I already read that thread, sometime ago, I think that the most easiest way to change saber color is to create autoexec.cfg under gamedata folder with the following line:

bind 1 "helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; weapon 1; helpusobi 0"

so, when you hit the "1" key, you are changing the color and also selecting the ligthsaber. What do you think?

Great model Toonces! Very fun! There is however one little glitch I've come across which makes it seem that there are lines on Mace's head. It seems to be a shader issue as in ModView the head looks fine. Here's an example of it. Note that the lines get thinner and wider at different angles.

mace.txt

Any ideas? BTW, my graphics are nearly on the highest level so I don't think that's the problem.

Originally posted by mariners2001

Any ideas? BTW, my graphics are nearly on the highest level so I don't think that's the problem.

i think it's the skin... it was cut a little too close on the head texture as far as i can tell. modview doesn't tend to show these (same thing happened with the jawa), but ingame it is an issue.

btw, damn you and you flaunting of mara, mariners! :xp:

I would like it fixed too, looks very dumb when you are playing it in-game, heres what people said when I was playing

"Got the new Mace Windu model?"

"Yeah but its got a big ass on its head"

"I know, dumb eh? And look at the shoulder! You can see something black when you crouch"

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by mariners2001

but yeah. the lines don't appear in ModView so I'm thinking it's not the skin but the shader.

actually, when i was reworking the jawa skins the hood and cloak had the same problem (the edges of the skin, where they didn't "paint", showed ingame, but not in modview)... so it isn't the shader.

If I knew how to fix it I would, I'll look into it later

It doesnt show up in Max either btw :)

Flanders, explain to me what this shoulder problem is

Oh, if they have a problem with it tell them to make their own ****ing model, Arco and I worked our asses off on Mace

Originally posted by Rebel_Spy

Thanks Hèkx Nòxú, I already read that thread, sometime ago, I think that the most easiest way to change saber color is to create autoexec.cfg under gamedata folder with the following line:

bind 1 "helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; weapon 1; helpusobi 0"

so, when you hit the "1" key, you are changing the color and also selecting the ligthsaber. What do you think?

You could just add:

helpusobi 1; sabercolor purple; helpusobi 0

to the autoexec.cfg ;)

------ Back to the model ------

I've noticed that ring on the top of his head; don't look too obvious though if you play as Mace.

I didn't notice any shoulder glitches :confused:

The only small problem I could see was the ring on the head :)

Which I personally don't see as a big deal since after all; it's an old Q3 engine ;):D

I would like it fixed too, looks very dumb when you are playing it in-game, heres what people said when I was playing

"Got the new Mace Windu model?"

"Yeah but its got a big ass on its head"

"I know, dumb eh? And look at the shoulder! You can see something black when you crouch"

Well, it certainly doesn't ruin the model or anything. Toonces did an awesome job on this and I really respect his free contributions to this game. The shoulder problem is the game's fault as you can't do any new animations - not Toonces.

actually, when i was reworking the jawa skins the hood and cloak had the same problem (the edges of the skin, where they didn't "paint", showed ingame, but not in modview)... so it isn't the shader.

Hmm...never thought about that. I might try and rework the head texture and see if it makes a difference.

Okay! I found the problem with the head glitch! As t3rr0r said, the part of the head texture that was not skinned (and is black) shows up on the model. All I did to fix it was to change the black on the head texture to Mace's skin color. Works like a charm now and there is no lines on his head! Toonces, if you want me to send you what I've done, let me know.

Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

who cares what some stupid people say while you're playing? Toonces and Arco did a great job, simply amazing! :thumbsup:

You took the words out of my mouth. :thumbsup:

EDIT: You got it fixed! Yay! :party1:

Originally posted by Toonces

I'm sorry, I'm just getting pissed, I'm giving up my entire weekend for these three models.

Anyway, sorry for getting angry, I'm just a little moody today. I think I'm going to go out and get some beer.

Obi is next btw :D

WOOHOO Toonces!

So how many skins are coming with obi again?

Archived