WIP: Mace Windu

Toonces

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/macebody.jpg

copy & paste.

The different clothing of Mace Windu from the other Jedi is what makes him authentic. I don't have pics of the boots though....

edit:

His head looks kind of small.

Thats because from his eyebrows up, his head is not long enough.

IMO the shoulders are fine. They should just slope downward more.

edit: Also Toonces, in the back Mace's tabards do not cross. They come to a V shape as they nearly touch the belt, as in the front.

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com/images/macebody2.jpg

Hey Toonces,

My comment on the robe...unless you feel like making a completely brand new body (which I'm guessing would be a pain in the butt) Id say toss out the robe, its just too bulky. I'd feel fine with him not wearing a robe.

And for the skin, let me say Arco you are doing a fantastic job. it looks great, but as I mentioned before add some highlights and shadows to his neck, it looks just like a plain brown texture wrapped around his neck.

All in all fellas, fantastic job. and toonces drop me an email when you begin working on Luke, Id love to help out with the skin.

Originally posted by keo718

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/obiwan_mace_ani1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/macebody.jpg

copy & paste.

The different clothing of Mace Windu from the other Jedi is what makes him authentic. I don't have pics of the boots though....

Not sure,but if you blow this pic i threw up on geocities,you might be able to get a good look at the boots,hope its some sorta help.

Boots

*copy and paste shortcut*

Thanks guys :) On the robe, the model_default will be robeless, it'll work just like tyrion, you'll just type model samuel_L/robed in the console and bam! I can make a absolutely new body, but I can do that later

keo, I'm pretty sure Arco is still planning on skining the front of his inner tunic that yellowish color, I think he just hasn't gotten to it yet :) As for the boots, we've found very few good pics of Mace's boots, but the ones Arco whipped up the other day are very nice, it's a combination of Obi-Wans and Mace's boots, we're going to add a shader to them to make them shiny, it'll look cool :)

I'll post some more headshots for you soon, he still needs some tweaks up there

Oh, Sith, I haven't forgotten about luke :) You know, what I might do it throw some real quick rigging on him and send him out to you as he is now just so you can get started. I'm going to add additional peices to his body, but you could start skining the mainpeices (body, head, cloak) and then when I add some extra goodies you can do those without needing to change any of your skins. Luke is going to have alot of things modeled on him

keo, I'm pretty sure Arco is still planning on skining the front of his inner tunic that yellowish color, I think he just hasn't gotten to it yet

Toonces, its not just the colore I was referring to. What I'm talking about requires more than that. I'll do a diagram for you.

Toonces, its not just the colore I was referring to. What I'm talking about requires more than that. I'll do a diagram for you.

Are you talking about what I was trying to suggest (but wasn't too clear)... basically that not enough of the inner tunic (which is cream colored, not yellow) is seen? Or are you talking about something else? Or will I just have to wait for your diagram?

BTW Keo, check your email. Your new avatar is in. :)

Hey Jedi_Anakin, look one post above yours.

Edit: Toonces, just had to say that your the man for real. By the end of these three models, you will have released more models by yourself than basically the whole community this and last month. Not to mention the other models you're bringing ingame....

Hey Jedi_Anakin, look one post above yours.

That's basically what I was trying to say, Keo. That the 1st layer (the one closest to his skin) is barely seen because the 2nd layer covers more of it than it should.

But I don't think the 1st layer is light brown, I think it's cream colored. It appears that way in most of the pics I've seen of him, with the exception of the one you posted with your diagram.

His pants are also really white.

:EDIT: Whoops, quoted the wrong post. I should've quoted Keo's previous post.

Your right about the cream color. I just meant a very, very light brown.

That's basically what I was trying to say, Keo. That the 1st layer (the one closest to his skin) is barely seen because the 2nd layer covers more of it than it should.

Yeah, I don't think he understood that though. Just trying to make it visually clear.

edit: Excellent pic Skywalker19.

Your right about the cream color. I just meant a very, very light brown.

Yeah, I don't think he understood that though. Just trying to make it visually clear.

Thanks. I just don't really have the time to make a diagram, and tried (and failed) to describe it in words.

And I agree with you, WhiteShdw... wouldn't use the robe in game, but it'd work good for cutscenes.

Originally posted by skywalker19

Thx Keo

It's incredibly hard to find a picture with the boots visible,guess it's because there really not that important(are to me though,i love detail :D ).

I'll be sure to keep my eye open toonces,if you need any other sorta pics just ask :)

That's a great picture of the boots. They remind me of swashbuckler boots or something. Very cool.

Oops.... Toonces, I made a mistake concerning the back of Mace's clothing. I just watched ATOC again and it turns out that Mace has NO tabards showing in the back at all. Sorry.

Oh, and Arco, the color could be more brownish and less pale for his outer wear.... (alright I'll stop now)

Oops.... Toonces, I made a mistake concerning the back of Mace's clothing. I just watched ATOC again and it turns out that Mace has NO tabards showing in the back at all. Sorry.

Oh, and Arco, the color could be more brownish and less pale for his outer wear.... (alright I'll stop now)

Old Obi Wan in episode IV had no tabards in the back... the tabard was one long piece of cloth that went behind his neck and down the other side so it looked like there were two. Weird, huh?

Originally posted by seks03

just want to say you guys are doing awsome work and thanks for including a robe with this model

and to everyone who wants to see all of this models pictures can visit

http://www.jedimoves.com/

under the request page. thanks again toonces, Arco

Seks, that's the exact same post you left in the Qui-Gon thread. First of all, you should put that website in your signature. Second of all, it's against forum rules to spam like you've done with those 2 posts, so I advise you to change your tactics before a moderator changes them for you.

And JDiesel, I write a lot because I've got a lot to say. :D

Is that so bad?

Originally posted by PalnGipanji

Uh...

The robe can be made to fit correctly... I'm not so sure why this is a big problem. Just hide the arm and torso surfaces and make a torso front for the robed version. That would take all of 5 minutes. Just a thought. Great work Toonces! (As if... :p)

I'm not a modeler, but I still think there'd be some serious problems with that approach...

Archived