Home

WIP Episode I Obi-Wan by Tex360, Arco, NeoMarz1, and Myself

Toonces

I think you guys are right, it's something to do with his chin. His lips have been repainted and look many times better now. I may bring his jawbone in and see if that makes him look more Obi-ish. More pics soon, I wanna get this right :)

edit: Alright, Arco touched up his skin, and I pushed the jawbone in a little bit and brought the chin up. I think it's much better but still not 100% there

musttweakobi.jpg

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MUCH BETTER!

For the skin I suggest take some pics of Obi from the Ep1 DVD and compare it to yours, so some details and special characteristics of Obi-Wan's face can clearly be worked out.

And @Toonces:

I know you are THE MAN for getting models ingame. So you must be very busy, but have you ever thought of writing a step-by-step tutorial of how to put a model into JK2?

I'm sure many people would like to learn it the "easy" way (if there is one).

List of things I see as needing improvement:

1.) I don't know if this is caused by the skin or the model (or both), but Obi’s check bones look way to low. Ewan's check bones fall right below and to the side of each of his eyes.

2.) Obi's skin looks too tanish/brown to me.

3.) Obi's skin on his neck looks like it is lacking detail (maybe mod view though).

4.) Obi's lips need to be thinner (especially the top lip).

5.) Obi's lips look too dark (almost like he has lipstick on).

6.) Obi's hair needs to be a little lighter.

Go take a look at the pictures of Ewan over in Jolts's thread. He has some pretty good reference pics over there.

hey guys. A little more teekage done-

obi-tweeks.jpg

some reasons for the odd colours. Well one reason really. the game screws up colours bigtime so in order to get it looking ok ingame you have to apply some pretty funky colours. trust me I know what I am talking about.

Anyhew that is about the best likeness I can get. He is a young pasty faced boy with very little in the way of defining features... this makes it very hard to skin. Unlike for example mace windu... who is easy as he has lots of unique features. oh well... it will do. It has a little of myself in it... imagine that ewan McGregor was just playing obiwan and obiwan was a real person who looked a little like ewan... well this is that person. heh. Anyway like it or lump it's what you are getting... months I have been working on this and so it is FINISHED.

arco:deathii:

Originally posted by Arco

Anyway like it or lump it's what you are getting... months I have been working on this and so it is FINISHED.

Arco,

I know you've been working on it for a long time, and I really like what you've done with it, but I can think of two small things that would be easy to change that I think would improve the look quite a bit.

1. Smooth the eyebrows a bit, because right now they look a bit bushy.

2. Add some small hairs at the hairline so that the skin fades into the hair a bit... this would avoid the "helmet" look that he's sort of got going on right now.

Just suggestions. Anyway, can't wait to play the new models!

Nice work Arco and Toonces.

The skin is much improved... I'm satisfied ;) Thanks for all the hard work Arco.

Toonces, I would say that maybe his jaw is a little too strong. Maybe shorten his chin, round it out a bit more. He's got kind of a baby face, more so than a "GI Joe Face". That may be the difference that is eluding you.

Nice to see such quality work... and at such a nice price :rolleyes:

Your efforts are much appreciated at this end!

-nomad

MTFBWY

I'll see what I can do about the jawline. Thanks for the kind words nomad :) I gotta shoot you out an e-mail soon since we've kinda lost touch recently. I hope the band is going well, I gotta come up and see you guys sometime

Anyway, still tweaking the face, but I'm finishing up the rigging so we can release as soon as we're finished. I segmented the braid and ponytail last night so all you skin makers can remove either or both with a .skin file

More to come :)

Originally posted by Toonces

I'm finishing up the rigging so we can release as soon as we're finished. I segmented the braid and ponytail last night so all you skin makers can remove either or both with a .skin file

Woo hoo!

Thanks Toonces :)

Padawan Learner Obi-wan to Jedi Obi-wan :D

That's what i was talking about, it is a great improvement Toonces, something that still looks odd is his neck, i think it is too long.

Question: What is going on there where the neck meets his clothes? We can see big pixels, it lacks of image quality.

hello... update. the textures are orange because the game takes so much saturation away with it's **** lighting. It is almost only able to do primary colours for fecks sake! anyway pics....

obiwan-fin.jpg

obiwan-fin1.jpg

obiwan-fin2.jpg

Arco:deathii:

ps.. soon they will be released

Ok, well let's be truthful, no matter if you make the most precise replicate model ever, people are still going to think something's wrong, it's just human nature.

To Toonces:

1.) The neck needs to be just a teeny tiny bit thinner, Obi-wan's a padawan with a decent build, but his neck is still a little thin.

2.) Everything else is fine, but if you keep tweeking it, it will never be out and few people will notice his neck size ingame.

To Arco:

Once I saw it ingame, I knew it was spot on, though the hair still looks a little too dark, but who really cares? It looks great as is.

Archived