Home

GF soundtrack titles and sequence???

peterbuldge

I've decided to make my own Grim Fandango soundtrack cd by ripping the wav files from the game. I've ripped all of the various themes from the game, as well as the few bits of dialogue I want to include, but I have a question. What order do they go in? I want my cd to be fairly chronological and I don't remember the game enough to do it. Does anybody have a list of of all the different themes in the order that they first appear in the game? Or does anyone know how I could find out myself? Is the info in the files somewhere?

Also some of the tracks are named differently on the officially released soundtrack, like "the Trouble With Carla", I can't find any theme with the same name on the actual game cds. Or the festival theme, which is called "companeros" on the cd I believe. Does anyone know what all themes have "official" names and what those names are?

thanks for any help

I wouldn't sweat 'real names'. Unless the tracks are on the CD I don't think there's any way to know if the pieces have actual titles.

When I made my own GF soundtrack I just made up what I needed. For example, the music that plays when you're at the cliff-top elevator in Rubacava is called 'This Elevator is Slow'...so the music that plays when you're in the wine cellar I called 'This Elevator is Small'. But for the most part I just stayed with the file names or some kind of variant.

Archived