Home

Loom 2 and GF 2

SamNMax

Should they make them? I ask because I 've notest that they made or going to make a sequal to every adventure classic exsept Loom and Grim Fandango. I think they should for Loom because at the end when Bobbin escapes Chaos, Chaos says "You haven't seen the last of me!" and I don't know for GF 2.

GF2 would be great, but its gonna have to be one hell of a game in order to live up to the original.

I think one of the main reasons LEC hold off making it is that theres not a big market for adventure games anymore, saying that they are making FT2 and SM2 so anything is possible i guess.

Why shouldn't there be a Loom II?

Remember, Loom was originally designed to be the first game in a trilogy... the other two games were already laid out when Loom was made, so if they actually stick to the original idea, theres no need for the other stories to be cheesy or go off-tangent (like MI2 -> MI3 :)

Loom 2 would be very nice but... it's gonna be hard to pick up where the original left off (ie: End of MI2-esque) unless they do Ender's idea of releasing the original 3, which would be very nice. Perhaps after a 15 year break or something (Much like the 10 year Sam n Max break). Although, given the sells figures for the original it's probably not gonna happen (They tried it once and were refused. What difference is there gonna be this time?) and they'd probably have to re-realease the original again too (which is fine by me).

Grim 2? No. That should stay as it is

Dig 2? Oh yes.

i agree, with most of you guys, it would be great to have a GF2 and a Loom 2, but you guys are woried about what the games are going to be like and worry about what happens if they suck or not, well you realy dont know untill you try, and i would be happy with the satifaction, of just knowing that there is going to be a GF 2 and a Loom 2

I'd eagerly anticipate both games, but it would be very hard for GF2 to live up to expectations. Grim is an epic masterpiece of a game, and I can't imagine a sequel coming close to matching it.

Loom 2 is a different situation. I think too much time has passed to just pick up the story where it left off. It would have to be accessible to people who never played Loom or it wouldn't be very successful. But the style and gameplay is so original, and with today's sound hardware the musical interface could be very spectacular and fun.

g

Yeah, I don’t think people should continue Manny’s story now... But that doesn’t mean to say that a sequel is completely out of the question.

I would like to see another story set in The Land Of The Dead. Maybe following Viking mythology instead or something. But in The Land Of The Dead. Just... a different Land Of The Dead. Meaning no art deco and Mexican accents. But it would still be good. Just different!

I agree that Grim Fandango stands very well on its own, but there is plenty of room for new stories.

For instance, Glottis could get into trouble in the 8th Underworld, and Manny has to return to help him. Or Manny gets to the 9th Underworld, the Land of Eternal Rest, and finds that it's boring. People do nothing but sleep and be lazy all day, so he decides he wants to build a night club, but he has to contend with the stuffy 9th Underworld powers-that-be who want their world to be quiet and dull and unexciting.

See, if I can come up with ideas, I'm sure the Lucas peeps can knock our socks off. :)

g

Archived