Home

Minimum Requirements?

Guest Tie Guy

Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

i hear you on that rommel.

anyhow, in regards to system requirements, i'm now hearing that a pentium 200 is good enough (I previously heard 266 was good). with this day in age with computers, i'd like to see them put it up to 266 to take advantage of the game's attributes...

Personaly I would like them to take it up to 300mhz at least.

I mean the best processers are now (Pentium 4 1.8ghz and Athlon 1.4 Ghz)(athlon is the better gamin processor) I have a Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz. Most game out there don't take advantage of this and keep their reqirements low. So I'll be looking forward to Age of Mythology to tsest my system:D

well, that's why the requirements probably won't be that high so that this game can be globalized.

"Making it above 300?

Thats stupid. Companies should make 20th centuary games instead of 21st since most people have systems from the 20th"

i don't think this game will be above 300. the most i heard was 266. and if you've seen the screenshots of this game which i'm sure you did, you'll want to have a decent computer to support it.

Guest Master Yoda

I think it should be 300Mhz minimum. With atleast 5-600Mhz Recomended. I have a 1Ghz Athlon T-Bird and I havent found any games bad enough to test it properly yet. Jedi knight II looks like it might be good enough to.

Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

i actually have that athlon you mentioned. i think lucasarts wants to globalize this game as much as possible, therefore the low requirements.

but good point though fergie, i saw AoM in pcgamer and that game may be the most promising RTS to date. my pick goes to either swgb or AoM...

You have an Athlon 1.4Ghz??? I didn't think it had been out all that long. Maybe a month or so...

What else does your computer have (graphics card, RAM, hard Drive, etc.)

Mine has a Pentium 4 1.5 Ghz, ATI Radeon 32mb card, 256 MB of RAM, and 60 Gb of hard Drive space, DVD/Cd-rom.

fergie,

my brother n' law and I actually got hooked up to parts so we built it. it has about 256 ram as well, i set up a dvd/cd rom, a CD-RW drive, an iomega zip drive, a nvidia geforce 2 video card (although i want to replace this), and i'm not sure about the space but i think it's 40 GB of space. not that much compared to yours.....

Not that much compered to what they will have out next year.

Next year they plan to make avalaible a 400GB Hard Drive to the Public!!!:eek:

A bit much don't you think.

By the way I love the Athlon Thunderbird. It is much faster for gaming than the Pent 4. (so far I 've never found anything to challenge it though;) )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Darth_Venage

yeah, cuz it seems to me(i may be wrong), but a lot of games are getting HUGE. My mom has a computer she uses only for work, it's 2 or 3 years old, and I could fit myabe 2 of my existing games...:D

Archived