Home

WIP: Yarael Poof

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

I think i will resize him...but should i make the skeleton taller or leave it to default and use the mod? Not all servers have the

resize mod...

personally, i think you should leave it up to the mod to make him taller.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

resizing the whole thing takes about 45 seconds (time to load 3D max, load the file and use the scale tool!)...

i will do it and post a screenshot later.

but it will be more difficult for jedimod, etc. to resize him correctly... he'll be really, really big if you use the tck scaling on the scaled skeleton... since his scaled height would be 1.47 (since kyle = 1.8m = 1). :o

T3rr0r:

I would have made 2 versions of the model, the default one would have been normal height (re-scaled with jedimod) and the other one would be loaded through the console when there is no mod to resize him.

but let's forget about my crazy ideas:

it does work, but he is walking through the ground because of the skeleton's origin. When i move the whole thing (to have everything at normal floor height) things get really screwed up.

This was possible in quake 3 so i thought it would work the same in JK2.

So default size it is.

Just sent Psyko the First final skin texture.

heres what I did...

1) darkened the robe

2) Changed the skin Hue, and lightened it.

3) Made Red, Blue, and Sith varient.

4) Finished Icons.

5) adjusted facial texure to look more like the movie shots.

Should be some screenshots soon... keep watching the thread.

Mars out!:D

Originally posted by t3rr0r

but it will be more difficult for jedimod, etc. to resize him correctly... he'll be really, really big if you use the tck scaling on the scaled skeleton... since his scaled height would be 1.47 (since kyle = 1.8m = 1). :o

Yeah I just tried it at 1.5 (maybe a little tall) but hell, Its way cool fighting Yarael when he's the right size. That huge saber sliced through me like butter. I sent Psyko the screeny, I hope he posts it... This model has gotten me more "psyked" since I made the sizing adjustment. Wayyyyyyyyyyy cool!

Mars out...

By the way I used Jedi Mod 3 .cfg- More servers should support these mods.

Originally posted by Master_Payne

Great model (and skin too), after this one someone should try a kaminoan

Yeah I agree, Only thing is that the race seems slow and gracefull. I dont know if they would make good fighters. I still would like to see it.

Mars out!

That in-game screenshot has me real excited :D

I finished recording this evening and I plan to mix down late tonight. I hope you all like it. I think we captured what we attempted to do with it.

My Brother, Stephen, is the voice talent. He and I totally agreed with each other on how his voice should sound. I wrote a bunch of lines for him and then we just winged it until we found the voice we were looking for.

Padawan_7, I'm sorry that I didn't reply to your question before... heh, I kept meaning to, but I was trying to figure out the same thing as you. "What should his pitch be?" Based on the whole long tube thing, I was trying to figure out how high-pitched that would make it.

You should have seen us, testing sounds and voices through all different types of brass instruments and tubes and such.

Length and width both effect the pitch, but the materials that the tube is made of can affect it even more so.

We eventually went with the voice that I had, pretty much, originally thought of.

The pitch is not very high at all. I could equate it to an old and wise monk, who has spent countless years meditating in a mountain some where in The Orient.

Of course, I haven't edited this stuff yet, and we'll see how I like it when I start playing around with it. I expect it to remain pretty simple... but we'll see.

Anyway all this talk is quite boring compared to the interesting things the model and skin makers have to say... so I'll stop rambling...

now.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Oops... hehe We also have put together a bunch of sounds for Hans Moleman's Watto model. I really think everyone will love these, but their editing will take a back seet to my work on Yareal :D

Originally posted by nomad

Padawan_7, I'm sorry that I didn't reply to your question before... heh, I kept meaning to, but I was trying to figure out the same thing as you. "What should his pitch be?" Based on the whole long tube thing, I was trying to figure out how high-pitched that would make it.

You should have seen us, testing sounds and voices through all different types of brass instruments and tubes and such.

Length and width both effect the pitch, but the materials that the tube is made of can affect it even more so.

We eventually went with the voice that I had, pretty much, originally thought of.

The pitch is not very high at all. I could equate it to an old and wise monk, who has spent countless years meditating in a mountain some where in The Orient.

Of course, I haven't edited this stuff yet, and we'll see how I like it when I start playing around with it. I expect it to remain pretty simple... but we'll see.

Anyway all this talk is quite boring compared to the interesting things the model and skin makers have to say... so I'll stop rambling...

now.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Oops... hehe We also have put together a bunch of sounds for Hans Moleman's Watto model. I really think everyone will love these, but their editing will take a back seet to my work on Yareal :D

No problem nomad. Wow, it sounds like you and your brother have really worked hard on creating Yarael's sounds. I'm sure both of you will be able to make him sound right.:D I can't wait to play and hear Yarael Poof!

Oh and that's good news about Watto. I didn't know you were working on sounds for him too. That's good to hear!

Archived