Home

WIP: Yarael Poof

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will also work on making that poof saber non-jedimod compatible

I have a non jedimod compatible lightsaber package from Quamosity and there´s already Yarael´s lightsaber included.

I added a saber icon for the weapon bar as you can see on that screenshot.

shot0000.jpg

If requested, I could submit a link for download.

Originally posted by Flanders

Nice picture, he is big tho, maybe a little too big!

and whats the skin you are using to face Poof? Looks cool! :)

well you may be right. I was looking at the Zam Wessel comic as a reference for his height. Comics tend to exagerate for effect. In one scene he looks almost to be twice the size of Zam! In the cfg file it's an easy fix, so don't worry too much about that! We will come up with a good Height, right guys? :D Mars out!

Originally posted by Flanders

Could somene answer my question?

Glad you asked... It does look rather interesting eh? :D Its the Sith version of my ObiWan. Should be released soon:D I think Toonces said it may come out the weekend (Obi that is)

Mars out!

Marz, what size was he in that screenie?

I tried him out at 1.4

Check out this pic:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/snapshot/2000/11/snapshot20001113.html

It's a good one for trying to determine Yarael Poof's size. Remember, he is sitting down in this picture. I was glad to see that you had him very large in that first in-game shot, because I was afraid that people wouldn't realize how tall he really is.

Great job on the skin!!

And Psykosith, really awesome job on the model. It looks great and it moves very well. I see you used the Mon Mothma style for the bottom of the robe's weighting. It works quite well.

If only we could make his head sway with JK2's engine.

Just so everyone knows, Yarael seems like a very peaceful being, and his taunts reflect that.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Originally posted by nomad

Marz, what size was he in that screenie?

I tried him out at 1.4

-nomad

MTFBWY

Yeah we must think about the same, I did it at 1.5! Based on the fact that we have similar numbers, we cant be too far off! Anyone one else have any thoughts on the sizing?

Mars out!

I also used 1.4 to size him, it looked pretty good.

nomad: is it ok if i send the soundpack to the beta testers? i think they should listen to it and give some feedback.

By the way i lowered the pitch of the voice to a whole step down, and it makes him sound more like a monk like you said. If you have cool edit or something like that, you should try it and let me know what you think.

and maybe some examples could be linked here so others can hear what he could sound like...

t3rr0r, actually Yarael Poof should be scaled down a little lower than 1.47.

It's true Yarael is 2.64 meters tall and Kyle is 1.8 meters tall. And thus, the scaling factor would normally be 1.47....but you have to take in consideration that when Kyle is measured as 1.8 meters tall, that's from his head to his feet as attached to the JKII skeleton. The Yarael Poof model's head is attached way above the JKII skeleton’s position for Kyle's head (do to Yarael's neck length). So his scale should be adjusted accordingly. ;)

Just sent Psyko the final skin pack. It looks pretty good, so there shouldn't be anymore adjustments (with exception to model tweaks) I added a new "green robed" varient... Oops I just thought of something... Hey Psyko, did we want to keep the "green skinned" varient as a choice? (e-mail me on this matter)

On top of that I just finished the icons. Which were a pain due to Yaraels size. His long neck forced me to downsize the image causing problems with resolution. I made some good compromises, so it doesnt look too bad. Mars out!

Originally posted by Enjoi9187

padawan, so you are saying that the 2.64 meters on yareal ARENT from his head to his feet? meaning, if kyle is 1.8 from head to toe, and in game he is 1, and yareal is 2.64 from head to toe, then the same rules apply

No, Yarael is 2.64 meters tall from his head to his feet. What I'm trying to say (this is difficult without a picture)....well, picture this:

Kyle is 1.8 meters tall in 'real life,' right? In game the JKII skeleton used for all the models in multiplayer is 1.8 meters tall. And thus, the Kyle model attached to the JKII skeleton is 1.8 meters tall. Now (here is the tricky part) Yarael in 'real life' is 2.64 meters tall. The JKII skeleton used by Yarael in game (without a scaling mod) is again 1.8 meters tall. And the Yarael model attached to the JKII skeleton in game (without a scaling mod) is 1.8+ meters tall, due to the fact that he has a very long neck that extends way above the JKII skeleton itself. In fact, the Yarael model's lower section of the neck is attached at the place that the Kyle model's head and face would be attached on the JKII skeleton.

So in other words, without any scaling mod in use, if you had the Kyle and Yarael models in game, the Yarael model would already be taller than Kyle (due to Yarael's neck length). However, since both are attached to the same JKII skeleton, their shoulders will be exactly the same height. Understand now? I hope all that makes sense. :)

Sorry for making you guys wait for the model, but it still needs some small fixing up, the audio is not final yet, and i'm waiting for the final skin from neomarz...so please /me looks in Taigan's direction...be patient ;).

I have fixed the left hand bug (i had to make his arms shorter, but it still looks good so its alright.)

Here's the first soundpack from nomad, anyone interested in this model should listen to it and give feedback.

(the file is 1.177 mb. taunts, jump and gasp)

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/yp_sndpack.zip

Here's my opinion:

i think you and your bro did an excellent job, here's a few things i would like to change:

1.Some of the taunts are too long, i personnaly prefer shorter taunts. We could leave a few longer taunts.

2.I would like to lower the pitch of the voice to make him sound

older.

3.Finally, a bit of de-noise or something like that to reduce the hissing.

Remember that this is not final, so please don't hesitate to add your own suggestions.

Thanx!

Archived