Home

WIP: Yarael Poof

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kranckor

That's great, but he needs to be more pale, perhaps even white, and I believe he had red or dark pink eyes. Infact, I believe he was an albino.

Yeah, Kranckor has got a good point. Take a look here...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaraelpoof/index_movie.html

But aside from that, I must say...MARZ YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!

How did you make such a good skin in so short of a time?!?!

Amazing.

Originally posted by Padawan_7

Yeah, Kranckor has got a good point. Take a look here...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaraelpoof/index_movie.html

But aside from that, I must say...MARZ YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!!

How did you make such a good skin in so short of a time?!?!

Amazing.

Yeah, Psyko sent me the same reference shot... It's the same thing with all those damn photos. They all have a different take (color and lighting). I would like to make him more light colored. The Zam Wessel comic seems to show him like that. Plus, I like him less green personally, Maybe we'll go that way. Depends on what everyone thinks. Chime in with your opinions (You too Psyko) Mars out!

Oh... Another note here. The comic seems to show him with a belt (with two metal rings to the front). But the photo doesn't seem to show such a thing. I wanted to skin that, but as a safe bet... I decided to not go that way. Mars out!

That is looking beautiful!

I can't wait to see it with the colors re-worked, although that is a nice color scheme, maybe for an alternate skin :)

The full body pics made me very happy.

You guys are really moving along with this, I'll bump up my schedule. (I've been very busy recently)

Oh, thanks for hiring me too :D I'll do my best.

Don't think I've been ignoring the suggestions about the voice. I have my own opinions, but listening to many different takes can always be great inspiration. Of course everything will come down to PsykoSith's final say.

I have to admit, while I personally love making exotic and bizzare things, I initially think of a simple and calm voice to go with Yareal Poof. (Zen master kind of thing) I have been contemplating what I might do to alter the simpleness a bit, and that is always the most fun part. Please be patient, and trust in me that I will hold the integrety of a huge and deeply committed Star Wars Fan.

It's interesting that some of you have talked about insect-like. I can see that in movement perhaps, as I've always imagined him moving (in combat) slowly, deliberately, and with an artful grace. Someone said about him reminding him more of a turtle, and I can certainly relate to that, judging by his skin and facial shape/features.

Anyway, the great thing is that he is none of these things, yet perhaps all of these things and more...

Thank George!!

Oh and one other thing. The Geonosian dialect has got to be one of the greats all time, certainly one of my favorites, though I don't think I'll rip that for Yareal.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Originally posted by nomad

...I initially think of a simple and calm voice to go with Yareal Poof.

That's the same way I see it, nomad. However, I was wondering, what pitch do you think his voice should be?

I was thinking of a slightly higher-pitched voice, although not too high-pitched because you don't want him to sound female. The reason I think this way, is that Yarael obviously has a long and thin wind pipe. This could act kind of like the tubing in a trumpet or bugle. Not that he should sound like a trumpet or bugle; I’m just talking about pitch. ;)

Wow, Psyko... What model viewer is that? Looks even better than the screens I sent you. Mars out!

It's the default 3D max renderer. This gives a better idea on how the shadows could look like in game, but it wont look like that in JK2.

That's great, but he needs to be more pale, perhaps even white, and I believe he had red or dark pink eyes. Infact, I believe he was an albino.

You are right he seems albino! i wouldnt mind seeing two (or more) skins with color variations, its always good to have variety.

Oh... Another note here. The comic seems to show him with a belt (with two metal rings to the front). But the photo doesn't seem to show such a thing. I wanted to skin that, but as a safe bet... I decided to not go that way. Mars out!

Yeah i didnt know if he should wear the belt either, so i didnt make one, but it still can be done at this point.

nomad: Thanks for your help on this! and do whatever you think fits him best.

Looking quite nice, but I have a few questions.

1. How are you going to get taunts? I havent heard Poof speak in the movies.

2. Will you shrink the body size because the head is bigger?

And thats it, and keep on going!

1. How are you going to get taunts? I havent heard Poof speak in the movies.

Nomad is the voice talent for Poof, i give him full creative control...we'll just give him feedback on how it sounds.

2. Will you shrink the body size because the head is bigger?

His head is just taller than the default skeleton, and the body size is about the same as a human being. It was suggested to make him bigger, but i dunno if this will be necessary.

If so, i could make his default size bigger (without the use of any resizing mod.) just by re-scaling the skeleton.

Spyzer, Hellfire Jedi, Supreme Pain and Marz were sent the latest beta version of the in-game model. Expect some screenshots soon.

I'm very pleased with the results, even if there's some minor bugs to fix, i think it's looking pretty good.

I'm not sure on the scaling but like i said, its easy to adjust.

That is a great skin. I look forward to that model.

For more images from various Yarael comics, check here:

http://web.umr.edu/~mlang/jk2/Pictures/

Those should give an idea as to what Yarael says (granted, they ARENT cannon, but they are the only public materials that give insight into Yaraels character).

Also

saber_poof.jpg

His lightsaber, taken from those same comics.

Download here:

http://web.umr.edu/~mlang/jk2/Downloads/sabers_q_jedimodcompatible.zip

Originally posted by quamosity

His lightsaber, taken from those same comics.

Download here:

http://web.umr.edu/~mlang/jk2/Downloads/sabers_q_jedimodcompatible.zip

quamosity. :o good to see you again [still planning those adi galia and aayla (aotc) hilts?].

poof looks nice ingame (save the hand weighting)... someone should test it in jedimod (after adding the model to the tckmodel.cfg, or whatever).

Thanx {BK}SupremePain, wasnt sure about the caps, errors can happen everywhere.

I think i will resize him...but should i make the skeleton taller or leave it to default and use the mod? Not all servers have the

resize mod...

I could also duplicate the current model, and use the console to load the giant freak when there's no resize mod :)? (like /model yarael_scale

I'm not sure how to fix the left hand, it seems the hand is forced into default position and cannot be told where to grip the saber.

I will try to find a way to fix this.

quamosity: very nice work with the hilt!, i'll make sure to include this in the released version...with your permission of course.

Archived