Home

WIP: Yarael Poof

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

I just sent a full sith variant sound misc to you Psyko.

Heh, I checked my email a couple of hours ago, then I started finishing up all the sounds I had. Then when I checked my email again, you'd already sent the thing.

Well, if there is any need to re-release, we know we have new options I guess.

The sounds I just finished were definitely better than the sith ones already included.

Well anyway, I'm going to go check out the finished product! :)

-nomad

MTFBWY

Nice work Psyk0Sith. Very well done. I was surprised how well the robe works on this model.

I made some pics of the model to compare it's true size to the other Jedi. I did it in SP because it's easier to scale models there.

the usual suspects

sabers out!

I used the actual sizes, that i found on the Star Wars Databank and size all the models relative to Obi-Wan. So in these pics Obi-wan is the same size as the player character. Ki Adi Mundi and Yarael Poof were a little harder to do, because of the strange shape of their heads/necks.

Again, nice work.

Ps. Does Ki Adi Mundi support facial animation? If not, are you planning another version that does support it?

Ps. Does Ki Adi Mundi support facial animation? If not, are you planning another version that does support it?

Yep i've added facial anims, but he wasnt meant for that from the beginning so it doesnt look that good. He's got no teeth yet, i was kind of busy working on poof.

very nice pics btw, how did you render that scene?

Originally posted by -s/<itzo-

nice pics WhiteShdw.

can you give me the character player sizes?

i'm also having a hard time setting up the height of each characters and yours look very accurate.

Looking at my NPC file:

Yoda: 37

Aayla Secura: 96 This was just guesswork really. They didn't post her height on the Star Wars database.

Obi-Wan: 100 This is my reference model every other size is relative to this one

Mace Windu: 105

Qui-Gon Jinn: Scale Z 108 ScaleX 105 ScaleY 105. I scaled his height a little more than the rest of his body. If you scale the complete model his body looks too big.

Kit Fisto: ScaleZ 109 ScaleX 107 ScaleY 107

Ki Adi Mundi: 103 This one's a little more tricky. He listed as being taller than Kit Fisto, but that's mostly because of his weird head. The shoulder height is actually lower than Kit Fisto's

Yarael Poof: 140 Psyk0's estimate was pretty good. I tried 135 at first, but it didn't seem tall enough.

You can find the heights of a lot of characters at Star Wars.com . I just put their height in an Excel sheet and let it calculate the relative height to Obi-wan to get these numbers. I you use another player character, like for example Qui-gon Jinn, you'll have to recalculate the heights again.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

very nice pics btw, how did you render that scene?

I just lined up some NPC_spawner entities with no default AI(cinematic), to keep them from moving. I built a little square box around it and used some of my DoTF shaders on it. Added some lights and there you go.

Archived