Home

A computer's lifetime..?

Qui-GONE Jinn

I'm planning on buying myself a new computer, since my old one is on the brink of destruction, so to speak. Anyway, I need a new computer, but i also need Deus Ex2 to work on it, and that game isn't out before 2003 at the earliest. So how many years do you think this configuration will live?

AMD Athlon 2,133 ghz

512 MB DDR RAM

80GB

Geforce4 Ti4600 128 MB

Creative Soundblaster Audigy PCI with firewire

umm..that's the most important details I think... I need advice, is this a good choice for a computer?

:xp:looks good, you know how old my computer is? first it was a crappy monitor with the switch on the back, and a computer that played DF. then a new montor about two years later, then updraded it to play DF2, and a printer, then got a new tower with Pentium II

a few monther later, a new monitor, the one I have now,

then got a compact and put a nice video card in, what i have now

This was "Tie 23s Computer through the ages" brought to you by Chewie Chewbacca gum:D

teh only thing i would suggest would be to make sure the motherboard on this pc supports agp 8x i suspect this will be the new standard and will make future upgradabilty a breeze. also see if you can obtain a m/b with the via KT400 chipset as this will be more geared toward future products.

just make sure that it is fuly upgradeable

my first computer was an aptive c8x and i could only upgrade the ram from 32 mb to 64 mb, and that was it:rolleyes:

so just make sure it is fully upgradeable (for example my current computer has enough room to upgrade the ram up to 1.5GB and a lot of room for hard drive...if i ever use up 60GB)

Well, as I'm not competent at puzzling computers together, I'll let them do the job ;o)

Deus Ex 2... Ooh, that game is going to be the greatest ever! I still consider Deus Ex to be the deepest, funnest game I've ever played. I can't wait!

Can't wait to play Hitman 2, either. I already own it, as I got it for my birthday (hey, what are birthdays for?) but this stupid system doesn't run it..=/

Archived