Home

Best lightsaber fight.

Guest Darth skywalker

Guest Darth skywalker

Which do you think is the best lightsaber fight.I thought it was problably the one from Episode 1 or ESB.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest Darth Pie

I liked the Episode 1 lightsaber battle because it was nonstop action. But the battle in ESB ( My personal favorite SW movie of all time ) had so much more depth and feel to it. It wasn't just a fight but it was also more of a struggle between good and evil and that is what made it so much more better too me. It wasn't flashy and spectacular like in Ep. 1, instead it was more dark and mysterious. Which gave it an overall serious effect. One good thing on a lighter note about each battle from every movie was that you could always expect someone to lose a body part or die.Or in case of Ep. 1 both.

------------------

" If you only knew the POWER of pie! "

[This message has been edited by Darth Pie (edited June 28, 2000).]

Guest the13thJedi

both did not occur in episode I... maul & qui-gon died, those were the only results of the lightsaber duels...

Guest Jedi-Qui-Gon

<font color=green6>I'm with the13thJedi. The effects in EP1 were cool, but ROTJ had a lot of seriousness to it. The Emperor was cool in that movie. He was so evil with his mind games....

"Take your Jedi weapon. Strike me down. I would be honored."

------------------

quigon.jpg

Guest Pootie_Fett

I wish the darkies would use more force powers in the saber fights! That was sooo cool when vader was using force throw on Luke. Too bad Maul couldn't do something like that. Cuz he only threw a little peice of something to open the door, pfft. But it was cool when he force pushed OB1 off.

Guest Hannibal

In the novel both Obi-Wan and Darth Maul were using force through. As intense as the fight was on film it was even more intense in the novel.

------------------

Man Eating Vice President of the Un-Council

Meet my temporary bodygard, they call him Orange-Karate Guy Thingy

wushu_small_ani.gif

"Death to the dead!"

Guest Wickedness

I like ESB, because it was Luke's FIRST real battle. He was still finiding himself as a Jedi...and he somewhat succeeded. Though the loss of his lover, his right hand... And in Jedi...he was in a similar situation...exceot this time he was finding his father...and became a Jedi Knight. Very neato stuff...if youlook at the political side of things.

------------------

wickedness.jpg

Guest Kurgan

Actually, the13thJedi, in Episode I, Maul was cut in half (in case you forgot).

And alot of people have forgotten there are TWO lightsaber battles in Episode I, not just one.

Kurgan

Guest Ray Park

I think the fight with Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Maul was the best.

ESB was awsome too (I love how Vader fought one handed, and then when he started getting viscous with Luke), but Maul was such a potentially awesome character and that was the only seen you got to see him in any length.

Also the fighting was a lot faster and more complete (though they still have a ways to go, they should consult Jackie Chan for choreography tips).

What I really want to see is a Jedi fight with two lightsabers. And I don't mean like that Twi'Lek freak in Jedi Knight, I mean I wanna see one get down Ninja style with two lightsabers.

I stand behind my opinion that at least one jedi, sometime, somewhere, scream "death from above" while atempting an areal attack.

I agree ESB is the greatest SW movie, but the greatest lightsaber battle was definately TPM, mainly because it was non-stop action as stated before, but also, because it all happened so fast, in contrast to the slow, drawn out battles in ANH, ESB,and ROTJ

------------------

Monkey.gif

<font color = "yellow">Say "hi" to Bango, my sidekick, he helps me bounty hunt.</font>

The Un-Council's Disgruntled Bounty Hunter

-Calypso

[This message has been edited by Jedi Calypso (edited June 28, 2000).]

Guest the13thJedi

You are right Kurgan. But... that wouldn't be viewed as losing a body part considering it resulted in Maul's death wink.gif

Guest Stormtrooper

I think that the thing which makes the fight best is the music. That's why the first one (ANH) was such ****e and the two in TPM and ROTJ were really good. I forget ESB...

Guest Wolverine

I hope you aint forgettin' about episode 3, bub!

------------------

FreddyKruegerEatYourHeartOut.jpg

Yer gonna be gettin' me a new bike! I lend ya mine fre one day and ya leave it parked in another dimension. So start raiding the cookie jar, bub, 'cause the lod Canucklehead's gotta have a set o' wheels!

there is a book when luke fights himself. now that is awesome.

------------------

duel3.gif Obi-wan13, A life, a jedi, a legend, a hero, a life for good. There is no death, there is the force.

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by obi-wan13:

there is a book when luke fights himself. now that is awesome.

It's the third part of Zahn's Trilogy, called The Last Command. Master C'Baoth cloned Luke from the hand that he lost at Bespin. Luke fought Luuke near the end of the book. (It's also a comic, for all you visual people.) Actually, I was bored, so I scanned some panels:

LuukeI.jpgLuukeII.jpg

LuukeIII.jpg

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited July 03, 2000).]

Guest Obi-Beel Kenobi

Episode 1

Darth Maul Vs. Obi& Qui

------------------

"Anakin Will become a Jedi I promise."a>

Guest jedihorn1

Like mentioned before, the best visually is Ep1 but the best overall is ESB(my fav movie btw)more drama. i like the way Vader was playing with Luke at first, then he saw him as a serious threat. I think Ep1 was a little too fast. Went by too quickly. But as said befroe.. i think the best is yet to come....

------------------

jedinew.jpg

Check out the best site for SW news rumors, fan fiction, chat and more! The Jedi Temple

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Archived