Home

** OPENGL / VIDEO CARD PROBLEMS, LOOK HERE!**

Andy867

Did this Thread Help you with your Video Card problem?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Did this Thread Help you with your Video Card problem?

• Yes, Thank You.
    • No, It did not help me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That warning probably is the digital signing warning that appears that says that this device has not been digitally signed by Microsoft Corp. and may cause problems and instability in your system. And it gives 2 options, Continue Anyways or Stop the Installation (or something to that effect)

All it means is that Microsoft has not certified that version of drivers as of yet as being 100% without-a-doubt compatible... But if you downloaded the right version for your video card, you will be fine by selecting Continue Anyways (guessing that you are running XP probably)

• 2 weeks later...

I was having problems with this game with the latest drivers from nvidia. I installed the 44.03 whql certified driver from last november and it fixed all my problems. Note that the newest drivers are whql certified for the fx line, not the geforce, even though they are listed for both. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have a gf2 gts/pro. I had extreme choppiness in the in game menu and loading problems with the newer drivers.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. The older drivers fixed everything, including the choppiness in the menus. I can now run the game at highest detail settings so long as I keep the resolution at 800X600. Haven't tried 1024X768 but I dought that it will run it with quality setting due to the gf2. My 9500pro will arrive tomorrow though, so that will change.:D

I will, I read your advice about regcleaner so I downloaded it and tried it out. It's a great program. I have heard that ati reccomends that you use the power plug going to a hard drive for the card, but I have an extra plug not in use. Don't you think it would be better to use the spare one?

• 1 month later...

Well...I am having this problem after fresh reformatting my system (got that fricken windows blast worm grrr) Anyways, before I reformatted I could play JK II just fine now I get this OpenGL problem.

I have an RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL

I cant just go update my drivers though, I have a newer driver set than what ATI has available to download on their website.

Mine is version 6.13.10.5019 and the one available on ATI's site is version 6.13.3279

I have tried GLDirect, but it slow's the game incredibly. Anyone have any suggestuions on a course of action?

my system specs;

Dell Dimension 4400

P4 1.6Ghz

128MB DDR RAM

20GB HD

40GB HD

RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP

40x CDRW

Originally posted by KaBuTaR

Actually GLDirect didn't work for me either, and neither did driver updates.

Seems like I'm doomed never to be able to play this damn game... :cry:

I had the same problem with my video card, updated drivers

and all worked fine, until I downoaded some updates from

microsoft, then i get error message.

I uninstalled, then re-installed game, and all ok,

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i got problems too with jk2. my pc is

• 450 MHz
  • Windows XP pro
  • 128 MB RAM
  • NVidia Riva TNT2 videocard
  • some soundcard don't know which one (isn't the problem :D)
  • Harddisk C: 3,26 GB
  • Harddisk D (JK2 is on this disk): 2,73 GB

i want the game work good :deathstar not bad :deathii:

ow yeah, i've downloaded a driver already on nvidia.com, but my brother is the administrator on my pc ( :bdroid1: not fun) but he don't want to install the driver. he says it's a bad one, but it isn't because i used it earlier! i need to know his password :D .

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jedirulezzz

i got problems too with jk2. my pc is

• 450 MHz
  • Windows XP pro
  • 128 MB RAM
  • NVidia Riva TNT2 videocard
  • some soundcard don't know which one (isn't the problem :D)
  • Harddisk C: 3,26 GB
  • Harddisk D (JK2 is on this disk): 2,73 GB

i want the game work good :deathstar not bad :deathii:

ow yeah, i've downloaded a driver already on nvidia.com, but my brother is the administrator on my pc ( :bdroid1: not fun) but he don't want to install the driver. he says it's a bad one, but it isn't because i used it earlier! i need to know his password :D .

Well i install the driver of NVIDIA and it worked well, my video card is NVidia Riva TNT2 too, and the game runs better.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

when my computer was still a 98 the open gl problem happened and i was like wtf and i fixed it but it wasnt by updating or doing anything with the drivers and now i am getting the same problem i have tried multiple drivers. but the nvidia ones wont take the place of my current driver i can tell because when i check my comp specs it says my old drivers name not the fancy nvidia one.

also when i anylize my comp with JK2 it says everything is fine and my computer can run it grrr....:swear:

oh oops forgot to tell you my computer crashed and now its a xp this amy have somthing to do with it:confused:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Graphics Card :

Name:Intel® Extreme Graphics Controller

manufacturer:Intel Corporation

Type:Intel® 82845G/GL Chip

DAC Type:Internal

memory:64.0MB

1024*768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

DirectX 9.0c is installed:

When started (the game),I got the following message:

JA: v1.0.0.0 win-x86 Aug 5 2003

Initialising zone memory .....

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\SWJKJAMY\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)

C:\SWJKJAMY\GameData/base

----------------------

62 files in pk3 files

execing default.cfg

couldn't exec jaconfig.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium IV

------- Input Initialization -------

Skipping check for DirectInput

Joystick is not active.

------------------------------------

----- Client Initialization -----

----- Initializing Renderer ----

-------------------------------

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

--- Common Initialization Complete ---

Working directory: C:\SWJKJAMY\GameData

PlayCinematic(): Failed to open "video/openinglogos.roq"

Initializing OpenGL subsystem

...initializing QGL

succeeded

...setting mode 4: 800 600 FS

...using desktop display depth of 32

...calling CDS: ok

...registered window class

...created window@0,0 (800x600)

Initializing OpenGL driver

...getting DC: succeeded

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT

...restoring display settings

...WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)

...setting mode 3: 640 480 FS

...using colorsbits of 16

...calling CDS: ok

...created window@0,0 (640x480)

Initializing OpenGL driver

...getting DC: succeeded

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )

...35 PFDs found

...GLW_ChoosePFD failed

...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT

...restoring display settings

...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)

...shutting down QGL

...unloading OpenGL DLL

----- CL_Shutdown -----

-----------------------

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

What shall I do?

It may not be possible for you to play because most integrated chipsets for video cards do not support OpenGL.. You can TRY WickedGL and see if that helps, but it may not help if the chipset is too old or just doesnt have the capabilities that the game requires.

• 1 month later...

I have encountered a similar problem with Jedi Academy. Oddly enough, I ran the demo on the same PC last year and never experienced any problems, but the dreaded "could not open OpenGL subsystem problem" suddenly came up with the actual game when I finally bought one last weekend. :(

I'm using an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, and have updated my drivers with version 78.01 (the latest- released September 2, 2005). I checked my specs if they were ok to run the game, and saw that I was waaaaaay beyond the recommended specs.

I checked JA's troubleshooting guide, and saw that my video card and chipset is supported by the game, so there's no reason for it NOT to work. :(

I've exhausted all possibilities that I know, and the game still doesn't work.

I did encounter this:

"If you are using a video card that supports dual monitors, the secondary monitor must be disabled for OpenGL to initialize correctly."

I don't know if my card does support dual monitors, but how do I disable the secondary monitor? I checked my Display section, but I don't see any options.

Please help me guys, I've waited a long time for this. :(

i dunno about the dual monitor thing, i run dual monitors and JA runs just fine, i do however run it windowed most of the time, but FS works fine too. as to your openGL problem, i have no idea since you said you updated drivers. But try it again, download directx 9.0c from microsoft, and the newest forceware driveres from nvidia, install both, restart and check again is all i can say :s

• 1 year later...

I got the same problem well i have been playing JK2 for 4 years with no problems and now i got this Could not open OpenGl system error when starting up jk2mp.exe All started when i bought, installed and formated a secondary disk!

Well i have tried many things:

WickedGl

Latest nvidia drivers

though i couldn't delete the old drivers from device manager

i need a good answer for my problem please i have tried everything but nothing worked and here are my specs

Intel P4 2.4

Ram: 1,5 gb

HDD: a 40 gb and a 256 gb

I got intergrated motherboard graphic card and

a nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb

with latest drivers

also let me mention that in system check everything was ok except DirectX and 3D Accelerator :o help me!

Archived