Home

American Cartoons or Anime

-s/<itzo-

which do you prefer???  

29 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer???

• american
    • anime

who loves American Cartoons (ex The Simpsons)

and who loves anime (ex Dragon Ball Z)

so which one do you rather prefer??? say what shows you like and explain why.

to me personally i've always been a fan of anime. thank god for subtitles. drawing wise, i think its much better than american style cartoons. and plus the story line seem much more interesting and more realistic.

animes that i like:

Kenshin

DBZ

Cowboy Bebop

American.

I've grown up watching them.......Anime didn't get big here in the US 'til I was in college and by that time, I wasn't too interested in cartoons. It was all about parties and beer! :D

It might be something to check out though.......

back in the days i've watched g.i. joe,voltron, he-man, g-force, thunder cats, and teenage mutant ninja turtles. which were awesome cartoon shows.

but now a days, it seems like anybody can come up with a cartoon show. most are boring. alot of one hit wonders. i don't think theres one you can build a franchise with. in my opinion america cartoons has lost it. the only thing that's holding it down are the simpsons.

thats why i watch anime intead.

Most new cartoons suck serious arse, both American AND Japanese.

I like no Japense animaiton at all(i have no clue how anyone could like it) and I like few American Cartoons.

Simpsons is by far the best.

Second would be Homestar.

Third is Looney Tunes.

My vote is for the American cartoons.

I like em both, but anime is kinda better.

American is like the suposedly average family with the fat, balding dad, etc. and all the wacky mishaps they get into.

Anime is mostly fighting and robots and sh!t which is a bit more interesting.

Now, Americanized Anime like Pokemon is the worst thing ever.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

I like no Japense animaiton at all(i have no clue how anyone could like it).

i bet you don't like subtitles therefore disliking what you don't understand. take your time.

and if you think about it comparing both in artistic vision, anime is much more advance. it seems like anime take much more time of perfecting it. if you had to pick would you go for quantity over quality (i don't think so).

JandoFett1842 is right. most american cartoons target younger kids. since they are much more easier to impress. and anime are for the more mature audience and more to the intellectual level. i mean, in american cartoon nowadays the dialogs is so lifeless. i prefer the classics like looney tunes. now it just seem so ABC and boring.

hmm Dragonball Z, Pokemon, Digimon, Beyballs (seriously i don't remember the name and i m not purposely dissing it if i am wrong), whatever that anime cartoon is that basically replaces pokemon with robots, Zu gi oh (am i wrong on this one too?) do these target mature audiences? (btw i really don't think the animation on any of these cartoons or similar ripoffs are any good) i think it is kinda unfair u say that american cartoons are geared toward younger audiences. However there are some really spiffy anime movies i have seen, such as a couple of those street fighter ones, and ninja scroll, hehe i also have to admit that i think Samurai Jack is pretty cool, those are the only ones i can think of right now

pokeman, digimon, yu gi oh...... yikes. in my opinion they seem more americanize anime. totally different from the ones that i'm refering to.

ok don't get me wrong.. i don't think american cartoons are bad. maybe because i got older and it seems so simple (childish). the dialogs are too concrete. check out x-men don't you think when wolverine fight shouldn't he have a few blood stains in his shirt and say something like "son of a b!tch." it just seems like they are holding back because society here in america are so strict on what they put on t.v.. they blame everything on t.v. violence which is nonsense.

fighting scenes are much more exciting in anime. and also here and there i would like to see some blood and a little bit of cursing.

when i watch anime the story line seems to be much more interesting. it makes you think.

and also i said MOST american cartoons are geared toward younger audience. not all in general. if you think about it, 90% of the cartoons are showed in the morning and early afternoons (unless you have cartoon network) basically the ones that are for the younger audience. and they show the cartoons that are for the older audience during the evening (the ones i can think of are the simpsons, futurama, beavis & butthead,southpark, family guy). so if you compare between the two there alot more cartoons geard for kids.

I've also seen the animated street fighter movie. the fighting scenes were awesome. the ending was dope, i like how ken and ryu finish off m. bison. theres another one its called street fighter zero. and if you like ninja scroll you will like Rurouni Kenshin also if you're into that sumarai thing.

lol i totally agree with the X-men thing, Wolverine will retract his claws to punch out a super evil mastermind that was on his way to destroy the world but then will slice and dice and tear all the robotic stuff since its all just explosions and stuff, man they should have like a 14+ series or something to make it look a little realistic

ya i think my friend showed me a little of that street fighter zero at the end where Ryu did a huge hydoken thing and the bad guy disintegrated, it looked cool that is all ive seen of it

If you're talking from an artistic point-of-view, then the best cartoons came out of America in the 40's and 50's. You only have to watch one of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons from that period (not the very early ones), and you'll see what I mean. The attention to detail was excellent.

From the late 50's and 60's onwards, the visual style changed...for the worse, IMHO.

Of course, Hanna/Barbera kept pumping out lots of cartoons, many of which I watched while I was growing up. The early Scooby-Doo cartoons usually had good backgrounds.

I stopped watching cartoons. Not necessarily because I got older and lost interest...but because they became less visually appealing, and as stated above, many of them have simply lost the plot.

I'll still watch some of the old stuff when it comes on TV...things like Road Runner, Bugs Bunny, etc. And I don't mind sitting through some of the CGI stuff these days...but mostly because it's CGI. Things like Reboot and Insektors were done very well...and now, of course, we have Cubix and Max Steel. Futurama has some cel-shaded CGI elements, and isn't bad.

It'll be interesting to see where CGI goes next. :)

The only Anime series I remember watching was G-Force. And I've only seen a few Anime films. Speaking of which, I can't believe someone wants to do a live-action version of Akira. What's the point? The original still stands on it's own? :disaprove

You have no idea how much I agree, Stormhammer.

In my opinion, you can't beat Looney tunes with a stick. They were the first, and the better.

I mean, Look at Mugsy and Rocky.

"Shut up, Rocky."

"duuuuuuhhhhhh you want me to shut up? I'll shut up. You wont hear me talk no more duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

"Shut up shuttin up!"

*POW*

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

DONT FORGET

tom and jerry (best cartoon - they dont even need words to be funny)

Anime is too weird and pervy for me.

as for dbz etc, thats total crap:rolleyes:

What!? :D I like it but i hate how the time in DBZ are and how they just stand and stare at each other through the whole episode

Archived