Home

Funny Mac Stuff

Keyan Farlander

The college I work at is almost exclusively Mac. The college bookstore is one of the largest Apple retailers on the East Coast, and every student in certain majors are being required to buy a new Macintosh laptop when they come to school,.. EVEN if they already own an older Mac or a new PC!

My computer in my office is an original iMac... one of the very first lime green ones. It has a sticker on it saying it went into service in '98. I cant seem to talk anybody into giving me a new one,.. and every time I raise the possibility of using a PC instead!... welll.... :rolleyes:

My boss has 2 PC's in his office, plus a laptop that sits by the mixing console.

I spend most of my time there.

The funniest part of that film was where he talked about "upgrading" your Mac. That's so true,.. although I think they missed the mark a bit... no Mac user ever throws away thier old hardware... EVER! Every Mac user I know has a number of units, dating back to the first one they ever bought.

I don't hate Macs,.. they are VERY good for a couple of very specific programs (Logic, ProTools, Final Cut...) but they aren't good general, all-around machines.

Archived