Home

Character set viewer available

Antti

I've made a tool to view the character sets of Scumm versions five and six (for example MI2 and Sam'n'Max). It's nice for it runs in 320x200 mode (which gives an authetic feel). So, if someone likes to have it, just let me know...

I'm not sure if it works with the newest operating systems for it uses old 16-bit Dos-commands (it works with Win95).

I've also made a tool to view information from MI2 and Indy 4 directory files (you know, like monkey2.000), but I'm not sure if anyone can find use for it. Again, if someone likes to have it, just inform me!

That's all folks, keep pushing the culture!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I just mailed the viewer to Tomas and asked if he could put it on LucasHacks! I hope I contacted the right person... So wait a while! Also, if you tell me your e-mail I can send it to you.

By the way, was the name of the resource file in Dott tentacle.001? I hope it was or I'm forced to make some changes to the viewer.

Happy hacking, haters hate but we shall ball!

//Antti

I found a small bug from the character set viewer... Don't use it like this: 'Charlie [flag] directory' if the directory you give is not at the current drive. So with for example cd-games type the full paths of the files: 'charlie [flag] d:\dig\dig.la0 d:\dig\dig.la1'. Sorry about this, but I don't think I'm going to fix this as it works just fine otherwise. If it doesn't, feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do.

//Antti

• 1 year later...

Ooh-er, I was looking through old emails today and I found one from Antti with the character set viewer attached, from *cough* 2002.

I dont remember anything about the email! But anyway here's the file 2 years late, my bad.

It's really quite cool, you can view the fonts used in the games, view the charset headers and if you use the -w switch, write using the various fonts like this:

MIfont.gif

charlie.zip

Archived