Home

missing, presumed Swedish...

Oh you guys, naking a missing swede thread, only for me? It *sob* brings a tear to a poor, nostalgic heart. Anyhow, yes, I've been away. For a LONG time. I doubt I'd recognize half the people at this forum by now. Yes, I got a job. And it took up a big deal of my time. No more "spend 10 hours in front of the computer" anymore. Oh, those were the days. However, a much more serious threat to my online life was the complete downfall of my computer, orchestrated by the evil of my harddrive.

Oh yes, this is a story of treason, backstabbing and utter evil. A story clouded in the mischeaf of machines. One fateful evening, a brief *geroumpf! grekkagrekkagrekkagrrrrrk!* announced the death of my harddrive. And with my financial situation at the time, I had other priorities to attend to. Like food. And shelter. And chocolate. Mmmm, the sweet taste of chocolate, like the dark side it swayed me from the true path, and I had to wait. The fact that I get my pay two month after I do the actual work also has to do with it. So after a long time dealing with diabolical children at the different daycare centres I work at, I finally raised enough money to afford a good harddrive. Now I only have to apply to the University for this semester too (since I live in a dorm, and they'll kill my connection if I don't). Finally, the road to internet connection is paved, and I have only to start walking it. Which means that before January is over, I should be back.

Since I have practically been buried under a rock since September I have absolutely no idea of what has happened lately. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to correct that. Until then, have a nice time fellas, and well... I miss you too!

Yours truly, Setsuko, the missing miss Sweden.

EDIT: and what's the ********* deal with points? Why haven't I gotten some? Who could EVER deserve them more than I do?! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SHE'S BACK, SHE'S BACK

You know .. back at the Rogue Squadron forum we have a tradition with people who come back after a long time of absence. Maybe i should do it here aswell :D

:smash:*Nails Setsuko to the SWgalaxies.net floor*:smash:

About the points... its a new system made up by the administrators of the LucasForums. its just a week old or something... so you have just seen the beginning of it.

Well im glad your bacj... did you get the associates news and question letters in your Mail adres?

c ya

-Wraith-

Yes, I did indeed get most of the mail I guess, but I haven't been able to answer most of them. I sent you a mail today, inform me if you didn't get it.

And now, will someone get me up from this floor?

EDIT: Oh, and RoyalGuard, I'd be surprized if you haven't in some way, during these months, deserved this; *whacks RoyalGuard's head*. Ah, it's good to be back.

YAY, she's back! She's back!

:blubounc::urpboun::yelbounc::bounc4::grnbounc::redbounc:

*:smash: nails Set to the forum floor*

And don't you ever go away again! Ya hear? :D

EDIT: Oh, and RoyalGuard, I'd be surprized if you haven't in some way, during these months, deserved this; *whacks RoyalGuard's head*. Ah, it's good to be back.

ROFL :D

Welcome back, Set! :wavey:

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

*:smash: nails Set to the forum floor*

*GASP!*

I was wondering if Wraithy nails people to the floor here. But Wraithy, you give someone at Arse-en the eye because they use that phrase, and look, YOU took it secretly from someone else!

Shame!

Shame!

:D;)

I might as well bring them over here and show them what you've done. :p

BTW - Is this a bounty hunting thread? Are you planning to go out and drag the missing peeps* back here?

* - Sorry about that, this forum and I are having a little "peep" thing going on. *shifts eyes around forum.

Anyone remember that line from the Simpsons? :D

Auto: Sorry, this bus and I have a 'Shining' thing going on *shift eyes*

Oh my, thanks for the kind "welcome back"s everyone. I had no idea people still remembered me ;). And sure, I remember you Thew, despite your selfproclaimed newbieness. However, it is dire news indeed that other people seems to have followed my example and went into exile, especially people that I enjoyed arguing with. After all, that would make my entire whacking of RoyalGuard's head a complete waste of time and space. Oh my, me, inefficient? Can't bear the thought. Anyway, hopefully it won't be too long until I can start posting 'fo real' again. Hm, and there's also the small matter of catching up with my post reading, just some odd tens of thousands of posts lying there, unread. Guess I better revamp my schedule this spring.

that´s one of the reasons I came back to LF, I am in two other SW forums and in that forums are a LOT of girls, and the boys are to ones that feel special being the only ones there :p

and here in LF, I can feel better cause I´m one of few girls :p

here onl setsuko and me

in aresen Waslera, LQ, death and EAP, but all of them come for some weeks and leave again.

Heh, Gaal ol' man, you're quite ahead of me. Right now, I'm busy just preparing to get up to speed again, fill myself in on what has happened while I was gone, and get to know the new people. But I trust you not to let the 'wrong people' in. Hm. But then, you're talking to me. I might need to think about that. Nah!

Seriously, yes, I am still interested in being in the Associates. However, I really have to look into how much time I have available to invest. Especially in the beginning, since I am planning to keep working at least until summer. And honest, the #1 reason for Clans etc to dysfunction, wither and die is when people take on more responsibility than they are prepared to back up with a down payment measured in time and effort. I don't want to be one of those people. Because they eventually ruin fun for other people, take away some (or a lot) of the gameplay joy and are therefore bad people. However, I want to be one of those people who enrich your gameplay, and who helps the community to thrive. If that ambition leads me to a situation where I am able to put down the time to have a good position in a PA, thats golden. And I sure keep my fingers crossed for it. But before I know I can do something like that, I don't want to make promises that I can be forced to break. (But Gaal, you know I REALLY like the title Captain! ;) )

Ouch. Back for two days, and I am already ranting. It's YOUR fault! You welcomed me back! And in the meantime, if anyone in the Associates needs to get some skulls cracked, call me. Until I know I can be a captain, at least I can be a thug...

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well... uhmmm i think you are gonna play imp :D

we are a neutral PA, That will help eachother out in the game.

we are planning on an US east coast server. we havent decided wich one :D

Well, I am definetely an Imperial. I do enjoy playing Indies though, especially if the faction is an extremely tight knit group. I may not afford as much time tio the game as I like. Definetely not as much as I do here as I do a lot of posting from work and would not be able to play from work, crappy comp with no CD-ROM drive. Definetely would not meet system requirements. Funny considering I work for a fortune fifty company. Anyway, depending on what server you plan on focusing on, I may consider joining. Any sympathies? I hate the Rebs, always have.

Originally posted by setsuko

Oh you guys, naking a missing swede thread, only for me? It *sob* brings a tear to a poor, nostalgic heart. Anyhow, yes, I've been away. For a LONG time. I doubt I'd recognize half the people at this forum by now. Yes, I got a job. And it took up a big deal of my time. No more "spend 10 hours in front of the computer" anymore. Oh, those were the days. However, a much more serious threat to my online life was the complete downfall of my computer, orchestrated by the evil of my harddrive.

Oh yes, this is a story of treason, backstabbing and utter evil. A story clouded in the mischeaf of machines. One fateful evening, a brief *geroumpf! grekkagrekkagrekkagrrrrrk!* announced the death of my harddrive. And with my financial situation at the time, I had other priorities to attend to. Like food. And shelter. And chocolate. Mmmm, the sweet taste of chocolate, like the dark side it swayed me from the true path, and I had to wait. The fact that I get my pay two month after I do the actual work also has to do with it. So after a long time dealing with diabolical children at the different daycare centres I work at, I finally raised enough money to afford a good harddrive. Now I only have to apply to the University for this semester too (since I live in a dorm, and they'll kill my connection if I don't). Finally, the road to internet connection is paved, and I have only to start walking it. Which means that before January is over, I should be back.

Since I have practically been buried under a rock since September I have absolutely no idea of what has happened lately. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to correct that. Until then, have a nice time fellas, and well... I miss you too!

Yours truly, Setsuko, the missing miss Sweden.

EDIT: and what's the ********* deal with points? Why haven't I gotten some? Who could EVER deserve them more than I do?! :)

OH BY THE WAY

send me some of the sweet sweet swedish chocolat aaarghgh

Yeah Set, you can be the captain. But don't worry about time...if you need to wait till the summer that's fine, we're going to keep adding people as we go along and if you don't join in right away that's still ok. Whenever you find the time, cause we would love to have you.

Archived