Home

Petition: New forum.

The Truthful Liar

Someone called my name?

You little brats! You deserve to be... (err, I will think what you deserve to be)

Ahem..

In the meanwhile:

You dumby Radier that will sell like pork in a jewish market.

Be careful what you wish for. I know for sure that pork sells good in a jewish market...that's a first-hand info from an Israeli guy...mmm, I believe I even have some pork in my fridge, I will check later. But yes, only the religious people do not eat pork :)

As for the new forums, with no WIP's, current editing forums, except the Coding and Mapping forums (which are not overly active), will become empty....the mass of posts in Modeling and Skinning forums is from WIP's, each WIP getting anywhere from 200 to 2000 posts. There are almost no help topics in these forums.

Flaming, now that's another issue.... There always will be this "smart" guy that has to make another unnecessary "smart" comment about someone's else work (considering that this "smart" guy can't do anything by himself). This is the first post of the flame war...and it lead to numerous topics being closed.

There's another issue as well: off-topics. Each and every WIP thread has quite a bit of off-topic posts, which can be explained by the lack of every-day updates. This could be cured by careful observation and deletion/moving of all the off-topic posts, but several problems arise - which post to judge as off-topic, people will become angry, and last but not least - the sheer amount of work it requires. I know that some forums I visit, use another method: the WIP get submitted to the admin, he creates a thread for each and one of them with the description that the author gave and leaves it open for 20-30 posts, then locks (filtering the unnecessary "wow this is cool" posts during this time, leaving the topic with 30 useful criticism posts and comments). Again, this is quite a bit of work, but it could be done if required. It would require a bit more moderators per forum to monitor it 24/7 or close to that (that one alone had about 10, if not more)

As for the proposal of AB_Legion becoming a mod, I personally have no problem with that. I'm not too familiar with him to actively recommend him, but his posts have good content in them and show good knowledge of handling users.

Best of luck

Cheers

Be careful what you wish for. I know for sure that pork sells good in a jewish market...that's a first-hand info from an Israeli guy...mmm, I believe I even have some pork in my fridge, I will check later. But yes, only the religious people do not eat pork

In the U.S. jewish markets only sell food that has fulfilled the law of the Torah.

Anyways. To tell you the truth the place I would like to be a Mod in is the codeing forum. I am there everytime I log on and sometimes I see threads that should be locked stay there for 2-3 days. So if I did become a Mod that would be where I want to be put.

Archived