Home

WIP: Map for NRG Duel map pack. *Updated*

The Truthful Liar

I like the light blue much more than the green you had in there.

The tex usage might be considered repetitive to others, but I think it's perfect - just add a few more touches to make it more dramatic.

Oh, and someday, soon, you'll see my true powers.

Originally posted by AB_Legion

You misunderstood me ZDawg, it comes directly after Xmas. All the maps will be ready on December 1st but then comes the beta testing and bot routes, gives us enough time for last minute changes if needed.

*looks around*

eeeerrrr... my bad.

So we get all the maps by 12-01 and than release them at the end of the month?

Okay, here's the latest. I'd say that the map is about 75% finished now, I've still some more lighting adjustments and a few more details to add.

Click.

I'm currently working on a jk2 video where you get to see the gameplay flow in the map as well as alot of cool tricks that can be done. :cool: Expect it to be up later this evening.

Alright, I've finished the map video you can download it off from the NRG site now. You will need Windows Media Player to play the following videos. (However I'm not certain if you need a codec, probably not, notify me if you do though.) Remember, just right click the link and select "Save as", or if you use Download accelerator (which I highly recommend) then copy the link and paste it into the program.

High res (800x600 - 123MB) speedmap.avi: Click.

Medium res (400x300 - 61MB) speedmap_medium.wmv: Click.

Tell me what you think of the gameplay and flow of the map! Anything welcome. :cool:

[Edit: I just want to let you all know the reason for such large file sizes is that the movie lasts for 5 minutes and 34 seconds long.]

Originally posted by AB_Legion

Okay, I've just uploaded a lower res video for you all with 56k modems, it's still perfectly clear and so is the music, however the resolution is half the size than before.

Low res (200x150 - 28MB) speedmap_low.wmv: Click.

O_o 28MB is still a huge file on 56k... when i had 56k i didnt D/L files much bigger than 5 MB.

Originally posted by Colby Salmon

I have this program called "Kontiki." What it does is instead of downloading directly from the link, it downloads from different servers and sources. When I was downloading this, I was going at about 1150 Kbits/sec. Took maybe 5 min. to download!

[KOC] Maximum Gain:guard:

Sounds like rubbish to me - if it's web-published material, how could you have it download it from more than one source?

Originally posted by Colby Salmon

But Legion,

Great map!:D. I love the levels of fighting. My only concern is do you have to have someone grip you from above in order to get to the roof? :(

Thanks. :) Yes you have to do the following to get up; Someone grip or pull you, speed+rage+rocket jump also works.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I can't add much more detail since it'd kill your pc's :p however the layout and design is finished and perfect in my eyes. All that remains are weapon pickups and extra spawn points. Yes this will have ffa mode as well, it works best with 4vs4 max, preferably 2vs2 sabers only for best flow. :cool:

Archived