Home

XP Pro Error

Motley40

The problem with XP is that it is loaded with copyright protected programs. What I mean is that if you try to burn a CD with XP most ofteh time it won't let you because the music industy is feed up with little 16 years olds buring and selling their music. Microsoft is an evil company and must be stopped, try using Linux or if you can afford it switch to a mac.

A 3rd way to correct this is to color in the bar code on the CD. Take a black perment marker color over the bar code and around the CD. When you place the CD back into HD XP doesn't read the bar code and will load the game without any bugs.

I have the same problem with XP pro, the onlyadvice ive been given is that my graphics card has crappy driver and i should update them. Did that fcuked up my computer, but its the first time ive heard this answer,... does it actually work? So basicly you want up to take a permanant marker and draw a line over the CD? How do you know where to do this? What do i mark over? Where do i mark over?

Please tell, been having dis problem 4 a week, beginning to cheese me off!:mad:

Cybersurfur

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first off it is not the cd (but that trick does work).

This is a driver problem for your video card. First off make sure that your video card is suported by the game. If it is then you need to download the latest driver for it. If it is an onboard video system then it may not be up to the job. Jedi Knight is a very large and graphicly complex game that needs a decent video card to run right. If you do not have the right vidoe system then you are of of luck. By the way the video card must support the opengl game format.

Hay peeps!

After weeks of me moning that i couldnt get jk2 to work ive fianlly managed to get it working over the weekend :p and completed the first mission on the single player, and i owe it all to Sith Maximus who pointed me to this other thread which did the trick.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...&threadid=34929

As far as i know the single player works just fine (Except 4 a few times when it freezes but ive read this to be a common prob and will hopefully pan out once ive downloaded the patches.) The multiplayer i havent tried yet, cos i want to get the lightsaber in the single player first and try it out.

Thanx a million times peeps for trying to help me and thanx 10 millions times to you Sith Maximus.

Later peeps maybe well meet again some time.

Until then take care,

love and peace

cybersurfur

PS May the force be with you all.

Archived