Home

ASH Beta available

SunBurN

ASH (Ancient Sith Homeworld) Has been release on http://www.pcgamemods.com

This map is a beta version which is still having some of the bugs worked out. Please post here if you having any problems, find any serious glitches, or if you have any suggestions on making this better.

This is a duel, FFA, TFFA map and has bot support. Wherever you see "rising steam" eminating from cracks or narrow sections of the ground, you'll usually find it's a "thermal vent" (a jump pad) that pushes you up to a predetermined location in the air. Once in the air, you have some control over where you land...but not much. Some of the vents are helpful to you, others are well, less than helpful :)

Also, like with most hi detailed texture/shader maps, this runs smoother on faster machines. Things about this version may change drastically (depending on feedback) in order to make the map run smoother for slower machines. Alot of it will depend on the feedback I get from all of you.

Known issues:

When you fire a weapon towards the center of the map, weapons discharge may show up intermitently or not at all. Discharge seems to be fine firing away from center and in most other places.

The bots still tend to jump into the lava at times.

FPS may slow in certain areas depending on the speed of your machine. I've tested it on a:

AMD 2000XP+

768mb DDR memory

Geforce 3 TI 200 128mb DDR

and:

P3 800

768mb PC133 Ram

Geforce 2 Ultra 64mb DDR

Please let me know when you give me your feed back what the specs of your machine are.

You can also contact me or send screenshots of problems you find to:

myownweatheredprison@hotmail.com

jmk@cablespeed.com(send screenshots here)

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Enjoy the map!

SunBurN

Wow, I must say, great map SunBurN!

(Note to everybody: This is a definite download. Hurry, go get it now!) :D

Now for the bug report…

1.) The lava falls have a lot of seams in them.

2.) Two or three places in the rock floor has seams in them.

3.) The background music in one place, as it changes from one section to another, repeats the intro of the new section.

4.) The bot routes need better placement (although I do understand that this map is not really on the bot-friendly side, I think that the bot routes could be improved)

5.) I think there needs to be a lot more easily accessible health pick-ups around the bottom of the map. Currently, I feel that FFA plays too much like a Dual because of the lack of health pick-ups.

6.) This ones iffy, but you might consider putting some Stormtrooper rifles down at the bottom of the map as well.

As far as the fps, they were kind of low on my machine. But I would hate to see any drastic change in your map to accommodate for this. Oh and since you requested it, my system specs are:

1.5Ghz Pentium 4

384mb of ram

16mb Rage 128 (yes, I know this one is a piece of junk – maybe for Christmas I’ll get an upgrade.) ;)

Padawan_7

Thanks for the feedback Padawan 7 and I'll try to address these issues.

1.) The lava falls have a lot of seams in them.

Some of them I may be able to fix that problem, but in some places, it's because of the moving shader that causes that problem.

2.) Two or three places in the rock floor has seams in them.

Could you send me a couple of Screenshots to my email. Thanks :)

(use the home email address)

3.) The background music in one place, as it changes from one section to another, repeats the intro of the new section.

Hmm...I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I'll look into it.

4.) The bot routes need better placement (although I do understand that this map is not really on the bot-friendly side, I think that the bot routes could be improved)

They will be on the final release which is looking like it's going to be a 3 map mappack.

5.) I think there needs to be a lot more easily accessible health pick-ups around the bottom of the map. Currently, I feel that FFA plays too much like a Dual because of the lack of health pick-ups.

Right now there are 4 locations on the ground level for health and shield pickups. Albiet only one of them is "easy" to get to, they are there. Also, once you learn how/where the vents push you to, you'll find up top there are additional pickups.

6.) This ones iffy, but you might consider putting some Stormtrooper rifles down at the bottom of the map as well.

I had one on ground level, but I must've taken it out for some reason. I'll put it back in.

Thanks again for your feedback!

SunBurN

Okay, I just sent you those screenshots SunBurN.

Oh yeah, by the way, when I was talking about needing more easily accessible health pick-ups on the bottom floor, it was because I tend to only think in terms of playing against bots (56k modem - need I say more :) )

Padawan_7 :D

Weird, I don't know what happened, but here's what I sent you.

"Thanks, those are great and very helpful! I'll get those things fixed.

The sink hole I knew about and I kinda liked it....but I may fix that on the final release too.

I've listened to the sound in game here and I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. One thing though, when you put in too many bots, the game engine can't handle it and it starts "cutting back" on things like sound, efx etc. This can also happen with slower machines.

But yeah send me the mp3 so I can hear what you're talking about.

Thanks!

SunBurN"

Archived