Home

MacSCUMM 2 PCSCUMM

Skib

I just recieved LucasArts Archives Vol. 1 in the mail from an eBay seller. Yes! No...it's for mac, and I have a PC. What do I do? I could try and get my money back, but i'd still have to pay shipping. OR, if theres any mac file to PC file converter, mac emulator, etc. I could keep the games. I'm only bringing this up because I heard that before the iPod could be bought for Windows, several sites popped up with 'unoficial' software that would allow the mac iPod to be used on windows.

Use ScummVM

Use the 'rescumm.exe' tool that comes with the daily builds to split the mac files into 'normal' resource files and then play the games with scummvm.

Erm of course that all depends on what versions come in volume 1, if they are eariler versions (eg mi1 ega) they wont work on scummvm...yet but they will eventually.

macs dont have EGA

and lucasarts archives 1 doesnt have monkey 1 and 2 :)

AND mac monkey 1 and 2 dont need rescumm because they use the .00x files.

anyway this post is superfulous because he's talking about sam and max and dott.

the mac LEC Archives copy of fate of atlantis should work out of the box with scummvm, unless i'm insane.

Originally posted by Jake

anyway this post is superfulous because he's talking about sam and max and dott.

Er, that makes no sense :)

Sam and Max / DOTT need to be 'ReScummed' to be able to play the Mac version on a PC with ScummVM.. Thus the post is the very opposite to superfulous :)

Well, I'm not sure what to do at all! :p

I downloaded and installed the latest build of SCUMMVM, but then put DOTT in my CD-ROM drive and windows won't read the CD! (Maybe I should have mentioned I have the CD version?) Is there any hope for me?

Also, the documentation on how to 'rescumm' is a little lacking. I appreciate the help BTW.

Originally posted by Skib

I downloaded and installed the latest build of SCUMMVM, but then put DOTT in my CD-ROM drive and windows won't read the CD! (Maybe I should have mentioned I have the CD version?) Is there any hope for me?

Oops. Because it's a macintosh CD, the files are probably in a format known as HFS+

I can't think of any way to read the CD under Windows - only way -I- can think of is to get someone with a Mac to somehow copy the files to a Windows-compatible CD. Or maybe reauction it and keep looking for a PC version.

Anyone else have any ideas? :p

Hello,

Windows machines don't have built-in Macintosh compatibility, but third party products can enable Windows users to work with Mac disks. These software utilities can read Mac CD-ROMs and read and write Mac floppies, and SCSI drives, including Zip, Syquest, magneto optical and hard drives. Some of the products allow users of Windows 3.1, Windows 95, and Windows NT to access Mac disks from open dialog boxes, the Windows Explorer, the My Computer icon, and the ordinary places from which disks are accessed.

I'd recommend you the program MacDrive which does so.... A download to version 5 is located at http://www.downseek.com/download/21572.asp but it has been released newer versions such as 2000.

It's a trial, but if you're really in need of the full version you can buy it. I don't think it's much.

Originally posted by jannar85

It's a trial, but if you're really in need of the full version you can buy it. I don't think it's much.

The trial won't work with XP, which I have. Do you know of any other products like this?

Whew. Thanks guys. I got everythang sorted out nice'n purty now. Except for the age-old problem with music in Sam & Max. If somebody could post their scummvm.ini file so I could take a look at how they got music to work, that would be helpful. :cool:

Originally posted by Skib

Whew. Thanks guys. I got everythang sorted out nice'n purty now. Except for the age-old problem with music in Sam & Max. If somebody could post their scummvm.ini file so I could take a look at how they got music to work, that would be helpful. :cool:

Try -eadlib and -ewindows, one of them should work :)

Sound works (used -eadlib). I have only one question. There is a black line that runs verticaly from the top of the screen to the bottom. It sits about 4/5 to 5/6 of the way to the right of the screen. Just thought i'd inquire about it without using a question-mark. No seriously, is it a bug? Perhaps this only happens to me...

Archived