Home

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

AKPiggott

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, I wouldn't make that bet with you because you'd probly win ;) It's nothing super revolutionary, or something that hasn't been done before, but it's definatly cool IMO for JO fans. It's definatly on now btw, but I'm not sure if AK want's it announced just yet.

It's hardly anything revolutionary, but we think you guys will dig it :D

Originally posted by AKPiggott

I'm not going to announce what it is, not yet anyway. I'll probably show a couple of screens later on down the line.

I'm thinking of making a trailer for this level. What's a good software program that can create movies from game footage?

i found this i havent used it yet but others say it is good, here is the link! http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=50 glad i could help with this AMAZING level!

this is all i do when i see your map and toonces mace!: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored:

1. Actually, don't tell me what it is yet. Only tell me if you have problems with it! :)

2. AK, I just asked that same thing on the Massassi forums a day ago. I don't think there really is any good software, not that does sound anyways.

cl_avidemo 1 will capture a crapload of screenshots in TGA format, but performance suffers. The best I've gotten it to work is when I run in 640x480 (plenty for a trailer), 16-bit color, vsync off, and even then it's pretty slow.

For audio, you could plug your audio out into another PC, or even your own.

The way they do those game trailers for JO and stuff is probably use the TV-out and go to either a digital camera or a video in on another PC or workstation of some type, and do the same for the audio.

I actually want to know as little as possible about this level. I saw some of the screens a while ago and it looks like AKpiggot's working on something really special.

So like with movies, i wanna go in spoiler free. I will be hard to ignore all the pics and comments in this thread. I don't even wanna beta test.:)

On another note, I finally managed to track down a copy of JK1 and finished it. I know AKpiggot did a lot of editing on that game as well. So I want to know which SP mods I should check out for that game.

If you have MotS White, just download BoaM and ToaM (from massassi.net). They're the only ones I made that are worth downloading.

I've always been in two minds about the trailer. There's lot's of cool stuff I want to show everyone, but at the same time I've been very secretive about what happens in this.

Yeah, i got MOTS too. It was a complete package in one DVD keepcase. I'll check those levels out :).

As for the trailer, if you really want to make one, don't reveal the best stuff. I hate going to the movies and finding out that all the best stuff in the movie was already in the trailer and that i'd already seen it like 20 times.

ToaM 3 for JO would work if Raven makes an expansion with better guns or more externalized weapon data to edit.

I'm not sure how you could explain the backstory of ToaM, the opening title crawl can do some of it, but not more of the details.

I have to agree with Emon here. I don't think JO is much fun as a straight shooter. The guns just aren't that good. After playing JK1 and a little bit of BOAM SE, I'd have to say that the guns in the original were a lot more effective.

I was pretty happy when i finally got my lightsaber in JO.

Is it even possible to get new weapons in JO? I've tried it a little bit, but I wasn't succesfull.

Raven did release the SP source for Elite Force a little while ago, maybe they'll release it for JO as well.

Originally posted by Emon

if Raven makes an expansion with better guns or more externalized weapon data to edit.

thats on my eternal chrismas list. its hard to have saber enemies all the time, but the guns suck so bad you need to have the saber... :(

anyway, look forward to whatever nifty thing ya got goin! once this sp mod comes out im gonna haveta find my jo disc again!

Archived