Home

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

AKPiggott

Hey Ant I was wondering about Mace's Lightsaber style in your level. I was playing with Jedimod a little bit ago and found that the purple lightsaber style is kinda how Mace fought in AotC, you know with alot of spins and what not. the only problem with that is the idle animation where his arms look like they're glued to his hips, but if you used the idle animation from the orange one handed lightsaber style I think that would be perfect.

and if you need any help with skinning, I could help. just like old times for the SWTTC and TPMTC (what a waste of time those were)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and if you need any help with skinning, I could help. just like old times for the SWTTC and TPMTC (what a waste of time those were)

Does this perhaps mean that there is/will be no TPM TCin the works? In my oppinion, that TC would be really nice.

And I agree about the saber style/stance, by the way. That would indeed be utterly perfect.

I meant TPMTC for MotS....Not JO. My main gripe with total conversions are they never get finished.... I found that out first hand. the problem with total conversions are that they try to complete everything at once, instead of one level at a time. The Phantom Menace and Star Wars Trilogy Total conversion were working on theirs for 2 years...then it bombed due to lack of interest and lack of production... like I said a big waste of two years

hehe back in the day i remember saying something on massassi forums, along the lines of, "if the tpmtc spend as much time on their project as they do on their website, it might get done someday!" and subsequently got flamed by everyone on that team

:p

yeah, about the saber stance, that would be a cool addition... although personally, i dont like custom saber styles in SP, i mean it works, but it doesnt really work, cuz you can only change the animation, not the damage, and other aspects of it (for SP)

i hate how damn limited the modding for SP is. i really do. i dont like SW quake, damnit. i like the DF/JK/JO sp series.

wasnt ther a script file for every player npcs included?you just modified the script or whatever it was and changed dmg. if you cant change damage from a saber then just lower the npcs health :D.i dont know where this is...open the assets files with pacscape or some such thing

This thread is still going?

Even if I could change the saber combat system I wouldn't. My general idea of making levels is to make something that fits with the resources of the game in a way where the player can take what he knows from playing the original game and play the level that way. There are two new guns in this level, but they are basically remodels of the Bryar Pistol and the Stormtrooper Rifle, which is fine by me. I'd much rather spend more time on making the actual level than ponce about tweaking little bits and pieces.

As for TCs, a complete waste of time and talent. I'd rather all editors were out for themselves and worked on their own individual projects.

Speaking of changing the saber combat and whatnot...how would one go about making a small mod that will change the saber stances to each saber style? I'm not talking about elaborate combat changes..just how a person holds their lightsaber. I've seen this done in another mod a long time ago when I first got JKII, but I haven't been able to find it again. I posted a thread in the General Editing forum, so if anyone could answer that, it'd be cool.

OT: Do you have any screenshots of these guns, AK?

Originally posted by boinga1

Are there going to be any sniper guns here? After running through SP several times, I truly hate large dark open areas with rodian snipers.

Chucking loads of snipers in is just a lazy and crap way of making it challenging. So no, I'm not gonna be putting any of those in, you can be sure of that.

Well, one or two is a perfectly logical thing to do, but yeah, ns_streets just kind of gave loads of snipers the Ultimate Sniping Positions and made it bad.

I like how the levels themselves have a purplish tinge, to go with Mace. And I'm getting antsy, I wanna play it! Demo demo demo!

hmm odd... I actually liked the snipers... (when I had my own sniper rifle of course -- or the weak gun, i'm really good at aiming with that and the snipers made for good precise drive-by practice with that). Felt kind of like enemy at the gates. What would be cool if there were just one or two maybe, and you could sneak up behind one of them while they are looking down for you, pull thier rifle away, kill them, then shoot the other one across the way. It doesn't have to be a lazy way to make it challenging if you aren't lazy about how you do it... hope that makes sense. Its also a good way to slow you down through a level, cause narshadaa streets wasn't very big, but the illusion was there because each sniper was a little mini task in itself, so you could make some parts of the level last a little longer and be a little more memorable with just 1 or 2 snipers, nothing excessive, just a little challenge.

just my 2 cents.

-Klorel

Sometimes they were fun, like in the hideout level where I could chuck det packs into their little holes or use force speed to run around the wall the snipers hid behind and slash them all before the first one even had a chance to react. :D

I really wish outcast would let you shoot while "leaning" (use+strafe) like EF did, it would have made dispatching the snipers much easier.

what all kind of enemies will be in the map and like how many of each.(you can give like vague numbers) i would like to know so that i know what kinda challenge it will be. sorry if this seems to be distracting you from your work i dont want to i just would like to know the challenge level of this map.

Archived