Home

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

AKPiggott

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting for the level, where you are walking down a street filled with neutral NPCs, and then a sniper starts firing and innocents NPCs start dying all around you. With suitable collection of waypoints and a script to give the NPCs a little extra speed, they would run this way and that, possible screaming incoherently to heighten the panic stricken atmosphere, few would even stop to (or still running) shoot with poor aiming everywhere.

Too bad my own project is compelety unsuitable for that kind of scenes.

It's supposed to be Malastare but I've taken a bit of creative license with it. I've basically got the purpley, rocky feeling of Malastare from the pictures I've looked at. But the planet isn't nearly as urban in any of these pictures as I've made out. My original version of the level was more faithful, but this looks and plays much better and that's what matters.

"They have Pod Racing on Malastare...very fast, very dangerous."

The one mention of that planet in the movies, TPM. And there is a whole set of pod races on Malastare in the pod racer game. You could check those out for scenery. Like you said, not very urban, but there's probably a city here and there if it's well-known in the galaxy. Any chance you'll be working pod racing into the level, in any way at all? (Not necessarily actually HAVE a race to participate or watch, but just posters on a wall or something, or people gambling on the results.)

You could make a little pod racing animated texture or ROQ to play on a wall, just like they had in the cantina in EP2.

If a ROQ won't work right, or is too hard to do, you could just take a few screenshots of a Malastare pod race from the Pod Racer game, and assemble them into an animated texture. If you don't have the game, I'm sure someone else would take the shots for you (I would but I don't remember where my CD is; if you're interested, let me know and I'll look for it).

Originally posted by wedge2211

"They have Pod Racing on Malastare...very fast, very dangerous."

The one mention of that planet in the movies, TPM. And there is a whole set of pod races on Malastare in the pod racer game. You could check those out for scenery.

I forgot to mention, but I did use Episode I Racer as reference too. There's this green liquid that dominates the planet shown in that game, but I've decided not to use it because it doesn't conform well to the colour scheme I'm using.

Originally posted by wedge2211

Any chance you'll be working pod racing into the level, in any way at all? (Not necessarily actually HAVE a race to participate or watch, but just posters on a wall or something, or people gambling on the results.)

I was thinking of putting a track in my original version of the level. A track wouldn't fit here but I like the idea of referencing it. I'll see what I can do. Basically in my level I am making the story and gameplay aspect of it first and adding all the immersive city-like bits in afterwards (hence the lack of NPCs).

Originally posted by Emon

You could make a little pod racing animated texture or ROQ to play on a wall, just like they had in the cantina in EP2.

If a ROQ won't work right, or is too hard to do, you could just take a few screenshots of a Malastare pod race from the Pod Racer game, and assemble them into an animated texture. If you don't have the game, I'm sure someone else would take the shots for you (I would but I don't remember where my CD is; if you're interested, let me know and I'll look for it).

Great idea Emon. I've got Episode I Racer, yes. So I might give that a try. I could do some giant holoscreens or something and place them around the level.

Sorry for posting this in your WIP Ak but perhaps you could answer my question I have. How do you make custom imported models solid in your map? Whenever I use one you can walk right through it. BTW I'm using GTK Radiant.

About the map, its amazing!:thumbsup: The dug thing would be cool!:D

Matt-liell: You put system/physics clip or system/clip brushes around it. Read RichDiesal's tuts on the subject. :)

AK, looks good! I like the way you've adapted the standard JKII textures for use in your map (I recognize the Lady Luck hull plates on the wall in front of Mace). The fog also gives a nice ambiance, even in fairly close-rage shots like these; really looks like a smoggy industrial area. Keep it up!

Archived