Home

Mace Windu: Party Crasher (SP)

AKPiggott

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

You should talk, Kengo. :p

You forget, I don't actually write any, I just get an army of monkeys with a LOT of typewritters to write mine. It takes a while, and a near endless supply of bannanas. Still, I think you'll agree it's worth it in the end.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Katarn07

After this, will you be coming out with ToaM 3 for MotS?

Or maybe for JO...

I want to make another "oaM" (it'll be probably be a new series that takes place after ToaM2), but I'm not sure about JO with it's lack of good guns. I'll probably end up making a sequel or two for Party Crasher and go back to the "oaM"s with a future Star Wars FPS.

ToaM2 was a lot better than ToaM1 I thought. I took my time more with it and it did bolder things than the original.

Here's a status update I wrote over at TACC:

Party Crasher is, in its current state passable as a finished level.

At the moment, I'm really just addng all sorts of atmospheric touch-ups to the level which are making a huge difference. I won't tell you any specifics, because it'll just add to the "woo" factor if you see / hear about it for the first time when you see it in the level.

I'm also planning on doing an alternate path bit at the end and adding an extra puzzle at the start, which is just a couple of days worth of work.

After that though, I've still got some outside resources to wait on so I can't really give an estimated release date. All I can say is "When It's.... err.. Finished".

Toonces is making a model for me, but I haven't heard from him in ages and he hasn't been replying to my e-mails. I've got lots of voices that I am waiting on as well as some skins and other little bits and pieces. Bottom line is, I can't release the level until I have all these outside resources. Fortunately, I'm going to polish the level up a bit more than I originally intended, seeing as I won't be able to release it as soon as I wanted to.

Well, I guess that qualifies as both good and bad news, eh AK?

I'm glad that you'll be able to further shine it up, but if you're waiting on Toonces for a model it might be a while - he's barely around here anymore (I think he went back to school again) due to real life issues. Have you tried PMing him as well as emailing?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by AKPiggott

Toonces is making a model for me, but I haven't heard from him in ages and he hasn't been replying to my e-mails. I've got lots of voices that I am waiting on as well as some skins and other little bits and pieces. Bottom line is, I can't release the level until I have all these outside resources. Fortunately, I'm going to polish the level up a bit more than I originally intended, seeing as I won't be able to release it as soon as I wanted to.

How's it going with gather all the necessary components? Are you still waiting on people? Can't wait to give this a go. Keep up the great work!

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

It's ok. I wasn't singling you out specifically, meant more as a general message since quite a number of people wander into threads and ask questions that have been answered...

(Whistles innocently....)

What? What did I do?

Where am I?

Oh right...I think the sense of anticipation and eagerness is down to everyone else not you over-hyping it AK. Hype is a bad thing generally, and I'm glad none of my levels have to struggle under such a difficulty (goes off and sulks....)

Archived