Home

Game Instalation Prob

cybersurfur

Hi, Ever1

Ive read alot about this game, and the general view is that it Rocks, so like any good Star Wars Fan i went out and bought it.

But to my surprise, when i installed it and tryed to run it it came up with an error saying "it could not load OpenGL Subsystem" and somthing to do with a file called "GLW_StartOpenGL" i have no idea what this means can anyone please help! Im getting really anxious to play it but it wont load.

Please Help!!

Thanx

CyberYoda:(

I have a vodoo 3 graphics card, i think you may be right, ive had previous problems with this grphics card before. Ill try downloading them and let you know how things turn out.

Thanx for your help ppl!

Ill get back to you as soon as ive done so and let you know what happened.

Cybersurfur signing off;)

Ok i tryed to install the drivers you guys told me to, and i got this message saying the drivers that i already had were newer than the ones i was about to install, so i installed them anyway, bigmistake everything went to hell!!:eek:

My entire computer now works really slowy some of the stuff doesnt even work anymore and im gonna have to reinstall windows and my original voodoo3 drivers cos it wont let me install them in it current condition, are you guys sure it was these drivers i was supposed to download ("1.0[1].zip" and "driver2k.zip").

Anymore bright ideas?:deathstar

It's rather sketchy in your situation. You're using a video card without any driver support whatsoever (aside from a small community of kids writing 3dfx drivers). Go buy you a cheap low end Geforce[2,3] based card. You should be able to play the game, at a performance increase even.

Hey im a student i barely have enough cash to make it through the year! Theres no way i could afford to buy another graphics card, but i did go to the "Official Lucas Arts" site and they recommended i download these other drivers for a previous version of windows or somthing like that. Ill try that see what happens.

By the way im mailing this reply from University, since my home computer still outta action.

chack bak wit u guys later

cybersurfur

If you go and check on http://www.pricewatch.com under video cards, they have a couple GeForce2 MX400 you can buy for like $38. But yea, I used to run Jedi on a voodoo3 3000, and I only got it working with the Wicked 3d drivers and some tweaking, but I couldn't read any of the menu options. Luckily I saved up some cash from doing computer jobs on the side and bought a Radeon 7200, then sold that for a GeForce4 Ti4200 from PalitDaytona.

Hi, guys

Ok, maybe your right(Ok im hoping your right cos downloading those drivers is gonna take me roughly 2 hours to download on a 56 modem. But im trying to get a friend who has broadband to download but its looking like he may not be able to do so) Ill check out these websites and let you guys know.)

Oh and by the way my computers back up and running again but i down know for how long.

later peeps

;)

Hi guys!

Ok, check this, i got sick of waiting for my friend to download it so i sat at my computer for about an hour and half downloading the drivers and installed them on XP. Its got me in to the game (yeah!!!!!...even though it was short lived)got to the point where im loading a new game and the screen says "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." you know the line and then just as its fully loaded it crashes!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I can not repeat on this forum exactly what i said but i think you guys can guess. So now im back to square 1... again. I also heard this insane idea that i should take a permenant marker to my CD and go over the bits that read Lucasarts or somthing, i seriouisly doubt this works all it will accomplish is a f*d up CD.

So any new ideas. By the way i have voodoo3 2000, not 3000.

Im also looking into the possiblity of getting a Gforce 3/4 graphics card.

Need more ideas people keepum coming!

cybersurfur

It is your graphics card. The voodoo series is NOT supported by ANY game manf anymore. They have not supported this since Nvidia bought them out. Thats why the voodoo is not listed on the box. I hate to say it but you are sol with this game and you MUST upgrade your vidoecard to play or you will NEVER get it to run right exp under winXP. I hate to break it to you like this but that is the bottom line. The only glimer of hope you may have is to read this stick post on the voodoo 5:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34929

I wish you luck in your endevor.:(

Hi, peeps!

I think you may be right ive tried everything to get JK2 to run on XP and ME but always crahses after the loading screen. So im giving up on getting it to run on, cos my graphics card is screwed up. I was going to upgrade my computer anyway so i guess ill be adding a new graphics card to the list. Most likely Gforce 4 or 3.

So its gonna take time but i will be back to these forums when ive upgraded but still will be checking these strings incase ppl reply. Big thanx to everyone who tried to help but sorry guys none of it worked.

Take care, ill see you uys later

and may the force be with you! lol

cybersurfur:fett:

Hay peeps!

After weeks of me moning that i couldnt get jk2 to work ive fianlly managed to get it working over the weekend :p and completed the first mission on the single player, and i owe it all to Sith Maximus who pointed me to this other thread which did the trick.

As far as i know the single player works just fine (Except 4 a few times when it freezes but ive read this to be a common prob and will hopefully pan out once ive downloaded the patches.) The multiplayer i havent tried yet, cos i want to get the lightsaber in the single player first and try it out.

Thanx a million times peeps for trying to help me and thanx 10 millions times to you Sith Maximus.

Later peeps maybe well meet again some time.

Until then take care,

love and peace

cybersurfur

PS May the force be with you all.:D

Archived