Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the thing though, in some bright lights his hair will appear that way... So, that's why I did both pictures, to give a better reality.

OH GOD THERE's THAT R word again!!! LOL

But seriously though, it just helps people better understand that hair will look different, so you can't rely on pictures with certain lights

This is truly the most impressive Anakin model I've ever seen. I can't wait to see this ingame. Tercero, are you making this model with the 3d eyes and mouth? I'd like to put this into SP replacing Kyle as well as having it for MP.

About the hair, wasn't Anakin like dirty blonde? I think he should retain that hair color, since the reddish tones appeared only because of certain lightings and I never recall him brunette. But that's just imo. :)

I love this model. Excellent job.

Well Well Well.....

This Model certainly looks the fecking best it ever has done.

When can we see more than his face skinned and modelled. We wont get to see ANakins face most of the time, cause he will be infront of us, running around. :p

So when this is all done, have you though about an Obi Wan Kenobi SKin to go with this one. The Episode 1 Obi Wan looks pretty much exactly like Anakin (Model Wise).

I think people want a Spot On Obi Wan Episode 2, so maybe you could do that next.

Well anyway well done on this model. It looks better than any Model in any game I have ever seen based on a real life person. Why real game designers can't do what you are doing is astonishing.

Well Done mate!

The only suggestion I could make for the hair, is make it more sparatic, instead of having it combed to the back of the head... Other than that, just maybe do a little adjustments here and there on the hair for highlights and shadows, and the hair is set. now.. ONTO THE BRAID!!!

Back from work...long day...

Okies, now for replies...

As far as the hair, I know I still need to do a lot of work on it - it needs to be reshaped, recolored, and the skin needs a lot of tweaking...as far as the braid, I'm planning on hitting that soon - I just want to nail down his hair color a bit more first.

I'm glad people like the new nose. It increases the polycount by 8 or so, but I think that it's more than worth it. Took me a while to get it looking even remotely good, but I think it's a pretty big improvement all said and done.

On single player, the model is built with facial animations in mind, but they probably won't be in the first release. I might come out with a SP update later, but for now the mouth is modelled all as one piece to save on polys.

And as far as future models, Obi-Wan is my next planned project, of the Episode II kind, with Episode I soon to follow. That might be getting a little ahead of myself at this point, though - I still need to finish this one and get it working first.

On dismemberment, that'll be mainly up to Toonces. I'm building caps into the model, so I guess it will be possible to cut him up into kibbles and bits...

Okies, back to work for me - I should be checking the forums periodically for the next couple of hours, though, if anyone wants to contact me.

ooo obi ep2 and 1 that would be awesome, and u gotz skillz to. Whatever happened to what? tex60 or something. Those were some good models, and its a shame that they didn't get finished. But its nice to see you taken the job up, and i have faith in you they will turn out awesome|! ;)

Hey -Tercero-, hows the model coming along. and by the way, did you get my PM, (asking hows the progress) lol...

"Hey Peter. What's happening. We have a bit of a problem here. Yea, apparently you forgot to put the new cover sheets onto the TPS reports. Did you see.. the memo on this? (Peter Gibbons talks).. You see we are putting these new cover sheets on the TPS reports before they get sent out. So if you could go ahead and remember it for time, that'd be great, oh, and I will get you another copy of memo to ya.. Thanks... "

Quote: And as far as future models, Obi-Wan is my next planned project, of the Episode II kind, with Episode I soon to follow. That might be getting a little ahead of myself at this point, though - I still need to finish this one and get it working first.

FFIINNAALLLLYY!!!!!!!!

Someone needs to make a good Obi Wan! I've been waiting for

this forever!!!!

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the model is still coming along - updates might be slower for the next few days - I'll be working a lot... but they should pick back up on my next day off. I'll be working on it in the meantime too - I'll try to post a shot a day or something. I'm thinking about moving on the the body and coming back to the face at a later point - that way I can get a beta out there faster so everyone who really wants it can have something to tide them over until it is perfected.

I'll try and post up my progress before I hit the hay for tonight - I might add in the cloth tabbards that he wears under the leather ones and work on the shoulders and arms a bit more.

Oh - if anyone has a couple clean shots of his belt pouches I'd really appreciate it. I have the food capsules done, but I'd like to get a better look at the pouches befor I start modelling them. All the ones I have are at funny angles.

If anyone still has feedback on the face, I'd still like to hear it - even the most insignificant details are appreciated!

Oh, one more thing - more a poll than anything - I'm trying to figure out if I should make a robed version too. It'd take longer and have to be a seperate model, but I could make one. I wanted to see how high the demand for one was before I spent the time on making one, however, so if you really want it, just drop me a post. Otherwise I might just release it later in a bigger model pack.

I wouldn't mind a robed version, and with knowing you for perfectionism, mastering the look of it, seeing as how its basically the vader robe, just without the chain holding it up near the neck. but it you think you can get the look right, because it needs to look like a premonition(sp?) of vader, then I say go for it! oh, and the other "voices" say go for it too;)

Archived