Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tercero,

No problem! Glad to help!

And the pouches look AWESOME the model is really coming along. Looks so accurate.

I personally think after you are done you should show it at teh TFN 3D forum, they'd love to see it for sure, I think!

Just a mini question...the inner tunic sleaves, will we see them at all coming out from the outer tunic?

Are you throwing on the clip at all? making the capsules 3D?

Just curious :) The pouches make it really look good! Maybe you can release those to the community as well, theyt are so accuate looking. :)

-Justin

Hey Tercero I posted this in teh other thread in not seeing this one:

Tercero,

No problem! Glad to help!

And the pouches look AWESOME the model is really coming along. Looks so accurate.

I personally think after you are done you should show it at teh TFN 3D forum, they'd love to see it for sure, I think!

Just a mini question...the inner tunic sleaves, will we see them at all coming out from the outer tunic?

Are you throwing on the clip at all? making the capsules 3D?

Just curious :) The pouches make it really look good! Maybe you can release those to the community as well, theyt are so accuate looking. :)

-Justin

I'm not sure exactly what SP support is but as far as I know every model will work in SP. If you mean will he have facial animations? That's up to Terc. The reason Dooku didn't have any facial animations was due to the fact that the head wasn't built with facial animations in mind

Click Me!

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Powered by Sith :lightning

Okies, time to answer some questions.

Right now I have the inner sleeves modeled - when I remodel them I'm going to decrease the polycount on them, but they will still be present and skinned.

The clip will be skinned on - the skin for the belt itself isn't finished yet - when you look at it close, you can see that it is still very rough. The caps will remain skinned, but I just redid that skin earlier today. The polycount for them would get too high (minimum 16 a piece to make them look good - with 8 caps, that's an additional 128-192 polys depending on the skin that would wind up shimmering if you don't have full screen antialiasing. The texture does look pretty good - the new one is really sharp. At the distance that the model's going to be viewed from, I didn't think it worthwhile to build them, I think the skin should do the trick.

As far as the pouches, anyone who wants them can have them. My future jedi models will probably also feature some of them, depending on the character's attire.

Now for the biggie:

SINGLE PLAYER SUPPORT.

The model is built with adding support for this in mind, but is not currently built for it. The reason is that you tend to get a little shimmer on the mouth. The demand does seem high though, and I have done a lot of work on the face, so it would probably be a worthwhile endeavor. I wanted to ask Toonces about this one first, but he seems willing to do it from his last post. I will have to make some minor changes to the model's structure to put it in, so I might release it as part of the Tercero-Anakin Special Edition skinpack rather than in the initial release.

I might also release a public beta instead of releasing a skinpack later - accessable here in the forums, but not on the website. That way the people who are waiting for it could get it a tad sooner, and I could work on the skins and the like and release the official file when it's completely finished. Hopefully doing it that way would decrease version compatibility issues like those that occured with my Tercero-Sabers.

The skinpack will also include a new version of my Tercero-Sabers, very likely the final one. Rather than making new versions that just make minor changes, I now have a system implemented (thanks to Garik Loran) where you can make different color packs which you can scroll through simply by binding a couple of keys (opposed to binding a button to each color as in the previous release). The package will probably come with a saber scheme for each movie and an EU scheme as well.

Also, I wanted to see who people think I should do next after my next few Jedi models (Obi-Wan Ep1, Obi-Wan Ep2, Qui-Gon, Mace Windu) I'm thinking that I might want a break from doing jedi - I was thinking about Padme/Amidala (which would include many of the costumes she wore in the movies, both Ep1 and 2) or Leia (who would also have a pretty sizable wardrobe, which would include the slave-girl dress to boot). I'm kinda torn between them, but I was thinking that Amidala might be a better idea since the models I'm doing already are all from EP1+2.

*Phew - my fingers hurt after all that... ah well, back to work for me!

Oops, I really didn't mean to get you behind the 8 ball there Terc, I don't mind rigging the face, I'm working on that now for Palp, I've never rigged a mesh for facial animations before, but so far I have about half of his face weighted in a proper and convinceable way (looks wild, and I'm learning a ton :) )

So I guess that answers the question, yes, he'll have facial animations :)

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com