Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about the sleeves being too tight.

Also Tercero, try to round the chin in the same manner as the previous update you did (the update before the most recent). You could also display more neck.

Heres a good pic.

http://www.padawansguide.com/anakin/costume/jedi/cinelive4.jpg

edit: Also, his lips were better in the previous update as well.

I think the head is fine as it is. It's possible that's it's just a different angle; it'd be impossible to make a model look just like a human face - we have too many micro-gestures that just can't be replicated. It could be a different pose, or he was breathing differently, or any one of thosands of things that just made him look different in the picture. Besides Keo, how often do you think you'll have time to stop and examine how round his chin is in-game, huh? ;):D

-Anakin

It's possible that's it's just a different angle

Nah, something changed from the last update to this one. Its up to Tercero though if he wants to make the suggested alterations.

we have too many micro-gestures that just can't be replicated.

Most anything can be artistically replicated.

Also Terc, your model's shoulders slump down too much. You might want to raise them up. Please refer to the pic in my last post. Oh, and the head does not need to be smaller(I edited it out of my last post).

well, i agree with andy.........the sleeves are way too tight. the sleeves of the jedi are supposed to be baggy, to allow for dropping a saber into the hand of a jedi from the sleeve to allow for quick defense and/or attack, as to avoid serious injury. its not like hes really gonna be droppin the saber out of it in the game (tho that would be so cool) but it should be a little more realisitc. also, with the sleeves baggy, it fills the hole better that the sleeves come out of from the shoulder

i dont mean to make you feel bad about this model......im just givin u constructive criticism so you can make this model the best one out there and you can blow every model that could be one of the best completely away and become a modeling god (hey iwanna be one! :D) but i think this model is wonderful tercero. its the best out there......

Keo, you were right - I accidentally hit the face with a quantative pass, thus knocking every point around just a touch... I've fixed it now - thanks for calling my attention to that.

As far as the sleeves, I've loosened them up a bit. I really don't start tweaking things until I start texturing them, which is why they looked that way. I've also raised the shoulders a tad - they will still appear a little low, but then again, I still have to model on his leather tabbards - they will make his shoulders a tad bigger when they are put on.

Oh, phantom - I ALWAYS love constructive criticism...

Hey! I think it's the best model at this time because Tercero is really concetrating and putting his soul into it. All the "little detail fixing/editing". It's marvelous. And the people on this forum help him find slight errors/bugs/mistakes.

When this model comes out I want thank you all but especially Tercero, who has had so much work and with this model.

Thanky You!

im glad you do tercero. your model is amazing and im a big fan. why, just you mentioning my name and talkin directly to me makes me feel a little faint

*faints* lol just kiddin

im glad you loosened the sleeves and adjusted the face. i just wanted it to look a little more realistic, and im glad you agree with me. the only thing i ask for in return for my constructive criticism is that in the comments in the readme, put my name, and then next to it, write "the special guy who told me how i should adjust the sleeves and now im eternally grateful" lol just kiddin :D

well, keep up the good work tercero!

welcome to the forums !!

the model u refering to i believe it to be samus aran(i spelt that wrong aint i) ....there should be a thread labeled that to post in and have updates (if thats what ur asking)

terecro are u using the basis of the last update pic for all ur models of jedis or the baggier sleeves?

FATTEH

Yes, welcome to the forums :)

I don't mean to be rude, but your question is grossly off topic. I'll give you the answer you seek though :)

beleive your refering to the model depicted in his avatar. The answer to that I beleive is no. I beleive that was a project for his school, and it's way too high poly for JKII

Go here and read all about K-man's models

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/kman/

heh, hopefully not much longer Andy :D Kit wants out bad :)

Andy summed it up perfectly though, once Tercero is finished with his model, he'll send it to me to rig it, I'll send a .glm back to him, he'll then get the sounds from Deetox and bam! :D

Sounds much easier when I type it than it actually is ;)

Okies - I've heard a lot of talk about the readme, and I wanted to let everyone know that I planned to put a link to this forum in the readme, noting credit for everyone in here - it's actually part of the reason I made it a point to ask K-Man to recombine the thread when it got split about a month back. I'll also be running an open beta through this forum once I get the model in-game, and anyone who sends me feedback on it will get their name in the readme. Also, people who have given me and are giving me a ton of feedback will probably also get a special mention.

I realize that I couldn't have gotten the model to look the way it does without the feedback I've gotten in this forum, and I feel that it wouldn't be right if I didn't give you guys the credit you deserve.

As far as who's working on what, Toonces summed it up pretty well. I'm building the model and doing the textures, Toonces is weighting it and getting it in game, and Deetox is ripping the sounds while I'm cleaning them up.

Oh, and Darth Vader III - sorry if I made you feel left out - I do read every post in here, but I don't always get to reply to them all. I'm happy to have your support and glad to know that you like my work. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve - the final version should look far better than what you've seen so far...

Archived