Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

thats really cool....i kno you dont really want to give a release date, so ill ask another question: what percentage are you done with this model? just wonderin, cause its awesome and i would like to kno if its in the finishing touches stage or still has a long way to go, and im sorry if this has already been asked, but i dont really have time to go bak and read 26 pages.....im not THAT boring lol :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phantom, I'm probably at around 40% right now to the open beta - probably around 20% to the final version. I know that it seems like a low estimate, but remember - I'm working on the model more now, so things should pick up... Like I've said before, I'm waiting on this model just like all of you - I want it to be done just as much as anyone.

I knew it!! :eek: , you see? tercero is such a nice guy, !!! man where did you come from? you act like if we are paying you for this, i'm glad you EXIST man, nobody else would have taken the anakin model so seriously and taken so much time to develop it the way you have, I don't mind about the readme i'll be glad just to have your work in my computer once it is done, i hope, i mean i KNOW you will have a great career and soon we will saying "i posted on the WIP ANAKIN Thread when that guy wasn't a professional yet!!!", well enough of this, thanks again tercero for the model

My god, what can I say; the thread caught my eye, I figured it was time to join and post.

The level of detail that you've brought to this model is intriguing to say the least.

And this has to be one of the cleanest looking; brilliant work.

I do have a few little things to mention, even though you'd have probably caught these eventually anyways, looking at the way it's developed, but I figure I'll mention them anyways.

The face, it could just be me, and a slight texture gripe, but, I think that the face could use a touch more roughness about it, a bit more noise if you will. The cloth is looking good, though I think that those major folds that run up the length of middle of those tapards needs to fade more as it runs over the shoulder so that the fabric appears to be drawing taught from the hanging weight, and so that it appears less as a line.

And the first fold under the neckline of the tunic just seems to /there/ somehow. Might need to be lightened some.

My last little thing is the belt, or rather, the torso at that point. It seems a bit too squared off on the 3/4's perspective You may want to pull in a few of the points on the side, and pull out a couple in the front to give it a touch more roundness about it (w/o making him look fat of course).

Just a few little notes from me. Hope they don't seem TOO nitpicky.

Welcome to the forum, Seka.

And Tercero, I agree with some of what Seka said. Anakin's clothes in the movie were pretty baggy... the upper half of his garments (above the belt) puffed out - the belt and sash underneath were drawn tight (waist could be a tad thinner) and you could see the distinction because he was so skinny. Can't wait to see the next incarnation.

-Anakin

Though I am in complete agreement with everyone that the sleeves and clothes were more baggy in the film, I'm hoping the sleeves aren't made too baggy. What I mean is that as far as I understand it, JK2 doesn't have the proper animations to create the appearance of clothes in motion or the appearance of loose fitting clothes, especially in areas such as the arms, for example the robes on a jedi or maybe a trench coat while in motion or even in different stances.

I know the sleeves would hang from Anakin's arms when they are lifted or holding a saber in an attack position, but when he lowers the arms doesn't the baginess remain in the exact position it was modelled? Meaning wouldn't it still appear as if his sleeves are hanging from his arms when they are down at his sides which might look like the sleeves were sticking towards the back? This is the only reason I say not to make the sleeves too much baggier. Of course if I am mistaking in any way and the arms in fact would reposition themselves in the center of the sleeves as they would if his arms faced down then absolutely disregard all I just babbled here. :)

Also Tercero, when I look at the last pic you put up, when I look at the frontal shot I can see heavier shadow along the right jaw than the left side. Is this the misalignment of the face that you said you fixed? And I think maybe the shadow just below the lower lip might be a little too dark, looks like he has a small whisker of hair there but that might just be the lighting on that shot or maybe it's just me, if it is nevermind then.

Aside from that I think the revisions look great, love the detail on the belt, and the different layers of the clothing. Oh and Tercero if you need someone to make a bot for your model once it's done I'd be happy to make one for you, I'm no bot expert but I've been making quite a few for myself since some models don't come with them.

I agree with Archonon. When I was talking about bagginess, I was refering more to the "puffed out" look of his kimono, tabards, etc... While the sleeves should be *slightly* more loose, too much and it'll end up looking silly. This silliness can be seen a lot in Toonces' Emperor model. While I love the model and skins for it, and the sleeves really HAD to be made like that or it just wouldn't be the emperor, there's sometimes where the sleeves just don't hang naturally and it just looks well, silly.

-Anakin

Jedi_Anakin_S you stole my words, that was what i was going to say about toonces palpatine model, the way i see it Trcero, you should try the model to look good in all positions so don't make the sleeves too baggie, if you do try to put the arm right in the middle so when he is not with his arms up holding the lightsaber it would seem that the sleeves are just falling in the right position, <-- i'm not sure if all this is clear enough

I do agree with Archanon.

The bagginess of objects in a game that doesn't allow, really, for new character animation, is a big issue.

Needless to say it would be brilliant if you could cause a swaying motion in the sleeves, but some accuracy must be compromised in situations like this.

However, I'd think that if you made the sleeves baggier, and then simply positioned the arm so that the hand falls a bit more toward the center, without actually being centered, it would take away from both the sticking out the back syndrome, and the floating sleeve syndrome.

One other thing I noticed is that the collar on the base clothes layer is almost stiff, and comes away from the body on most sides, and is almost rounded along the top... you may want to check a few pictures and take another look at that.

And on the left facing rotation of that collar, there seems to be a sink in the poly's where the shadow is being distorted.

You may have gotten this already, but I thought I'd mention it.

That's all, gonna need more screenies to make any further commentary.

I wanted to put a request out that is *kinda* model related. I've been having a lot of trouble finding sounds for the new version of Tercero-Sabers that will come with the Anakin model. If anyone has any good lightsaber sound rips of swinging and blocking, I'd love to hear them!

As far as the model - the sleeves are now much baggier - I'm going to talk with Toonces about getting them to hang right - I've picked up a couple of tricks on getting things like that to look better, and I'm building the model accordingly.

As far as the collar, I have worked on it a good bit. I think that it's looking a good bit more natural now.

I'll have more screenies for you soon - there's still just a little bit more that I want to get done.

Thanks for all the great feedback! You can never be too nitpicky as far as I'm concerned, so please keep it coming!

I know the sleeves would hang from Anakin's arms when they are lifted or holding a saber in an attack position, but when he lowers the arms doesn't the baginess remain in the exact position it was modelled? Meaning wouldn't it still appear as if his sleeves are hanging from his arms when they are down at his sides which might look like the sleeves were sticking towards the back?

Archonon, you said the same thing I did, but better, a page or so back. I have a ref pic that would solve the problem that you mentioned. So, if anyone missed the ref pic the first time around, here it is.

http://www.padawansguide.com/promo/images/anakin1_promo.jpg

"Hi, I'm Seka, and I'm an anal retentive nitpicker."

Who else wants to join my little group?

Glad you don't mind my problem. ;-D

Anyways... unfortunately, I'm no use in the sounds department, but, you keep modeling, I'll keep nitpicking.

40%?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

no, im not angry at all (how can i be, you are a modeling god :D). its just that the model looks like its about 85% done........are you sure about 40% for the beta and 20% for the final? oh well, if what i have seen is merely 20% of final...........this model is just gonna take over and own everything!

About the Facem, Keo helped Tercero point it out, and Tercero said he had fixed the face since then, so the face you are looking at now isn't the true face of the model, although I can't really say that the face now is the finished version either.

Model is really kool and everything, and im excited that it's on the road to its completition...

But...(this is off topic but i dont give) lately i have decided that once Star Wars Galaxies comes out..this game is gone..

I've had jk2 since it came out in april, and i've become a pretty tough dueler..but i usually turned towards jk2 for role playing games...

Now you know Star Wars Galaxies will redefine what role playing games are..and surely will outbeat any jk2 rp game...

Now im not saying that Tercero is wasting his time with this model or anything...but...Just..i'm not sure if there will be many true jk2 fans left to use it when it finally comes out...

(And ill probably get like 2 responses from some angry nerds saying i was off topic and that im being selfish.and bla bla..but like i said..i dont give)

Just wanted to explain where I get my 40% figure from. I'm still working on the model - as of right now it's only half built, and only half of that part is even textured. Everything still needs a bit of tweaking, and the only part I'm even close to being finished with is the face, and if you ask me, that could still use a bit of work, too.

As far as the 20% to the final - that takes into account the need for LOD's, multiple skins, and the little extras that I've been planning on throwing in.

Whoops, I don't know how I missed that morphius_doh. I guess just continuing to hear that the sleeves needed more baginess I just imagined the model with the arms at his sides and the sleeves sticking out backwards...poor Anakin forgot to iron his shirt that day. :D But thanks for the pic, I see what you mean. And what you're cooking up sounds good Tercero, I have great faith both you and Toonces will get the look right.

Thanks for clarifying the facial question I asked Andy, I just wanted to make sure that was the misalignment that Tercero mentioned was fixed.

And Tercero, if you ever need someone to make that bot for Anakin by all means let me know. The offer is always open.

Oh and Pnut_Master, Galaxies looks freaking amazing I can't argue with that and the gameplay is also interesting but I for one won't be buying it. I don't think it a good investment for myself a game that will cost about $60, about $40 more for the space expansion, and an additional $10-$20 a month just to be able to play it. Especially since I can't even play the game on a daily basis and I don't like the idea of just having it collect dust on my shelf. As far as SW RPGs are concerned I'll go for Knights of the Old Republic instead. I promise to go back to topic now. :)

Thanks Tercero!:D

I feel alot better now. I just had another great (I think so) idea:

I don't know how your Anakin's light- and darkside skins will look like. But would it be possible that the multiplayer darkside skin would be Darth Vader?:confused: (Just a thought)

But it would also be cool if he would be a sith apprentice (black clothes, difference in the skin color but just a little bit, maybe vader's saber, different taunts (seeming more angry)).

Anyway it's your model You can do what you want with it and I well I haven't done a single map, skin, model, or a mod. My greatest achievement so far was to replace Luke with Shadowtrooper (no cloak).

Archived