Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atsuri,

The mod team that I was working with kinda fell apart when a merge with AOTC:TC went horribly awry. My main jobs with the mod were modeling and designing a saber combat system that would look more like the movies, and control a bit better all in the same stroke. I did design a saber system that did this without requiring new animations, but in the chaos of the merger, it was eventually decided to scrap my saber system to add more guns and such. The improved saber combat was what really was holding me to the mod, so without that, I left. If anyone who's reading this is interested in helping me get my combat system in game, just send me an e-mail or a PM and I'll be more than happy to share my design notes and assist in any way possible.

Also, on the model front, my computer's waning health has seriously been slowing me up of late. My hard drive has been going on me for quite some time, and alas, it is on it's death bed. I'm going to build a new computer soon, which could actually wind up being the fastest home PC in all of Jersey, so I'll keep you posted.

sorry they dropped your combat system. id like to see the fastest pc in all of jersey sounds really nice. glad to know you're doin fine, some people were worried, before seka came, thinking thoughts that maybe you died or ran away and left us. but glad to see you're alive and kicking. about that combat system it sounds really nice im workin with boinga on starting up a lord of the rings mod but the one thing keeping us from starting is the combat system and not many people have jumped on board maybe if we get some coders and all the other required people maybe we could possibly use your combat system. that is if you would like.

I agree. A new, and more movie-like sabre system sounds awsome. Unfortunately I too lack any of the knowledge that would be of any help.

On another note; It sure is good to hear from you again Terc. Hope the computer problems get fixed soon because I know (as do most of us) what it's like to be doing something and have the computer screw up.

Well, just thinking of it. If you were to load up the old v1.2c or 1.03 of Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast and let 2 people stand close to each other, you will see the saber tracking system allow them to block an attack. So if that same concept can be used through a 2nd "block button" along with the attacking, and get the saber-tracing targetbox down to a fine line, then it should be possible since the saber blocking animations are already there, just not used because of the new patch.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by -Tercero-

The mod team that I was working with kinda fell apart when a merge with AOTC:TC went horribly awry.

Sorry to hear about that - I'm not sure what the heck is going down these days. Hope to see you around more often, though.

I'm not quite sure what 'Flamming' is, but if you're talking about 'flaming,' I'm not going to flame you.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Terc to put this much work into it and then pass it off to someone else just so you can be happy. If you're bored with JO, this model alone will not save it for you.

And how long is too long? When did he set any kind of schedule? This is his model - just because he's sharing it with the community doesn't give you or anyone else the right to demand things from him, especially when he's not being compensated for his hard work.

When you start paying him to model this, then you can tell him it's taking too long. Until then, either shut your mouth and wait, or go do something else.

First of all: I'm not siding! Totally neutral!

Aru is right about Terc having no schedule.

I'm bored of JO too but I still play it advancing my techniques. And Terc's model will surely make me play it more because it's one of the most realistic models ever! I wish that Raven/Lucasarts would make a expansion of some-kind.

Terc has dedicated much to this model you know.

I think there is one MAJOR fact about this model that people are over looking.

Terc is not making this model JUST for jkII!

No matter how long it takes terc is aiming to make this THEE Anakin model. Unfortunately, His computer is more than a little fubar right now; and while meltdown isn't going to occur in a months time, he does need to get his new one together. This is a hinderance to the modelling needless to say.

But I've brought up the main point I wanted to bring up...

that being that this model was not made JUST for one game ^_-

Welp, unfortunately I side with both sides... Terc; i feel ya man.. with the old comp and the new comp and getting it up.. God damn pain in the ass.. Takes an act of god just to setup a new hard drive. And i also feel bad for those who think this model is taking too long, but Ive moved my sympathy over to Terc. I managed to see the most recent screens and it seems that Terc is going for photo-realistic quality. At that point it can be 6 months or even a year to get perfection, even if its only for one game. Rock on Terc!

On a off-topic but related note.. Terc; Your combat system, it may not have to go to waste. If i had a little info about it as to how it works along with the ability to allow server admins to use it or not... Id gladly add it into OmniMOD, and since its got a kinda Ep2 Theme to it, Anakin and OmniMOD would work along together (the Ep2 Weapons Pack is included in OmniMOD 1.5 and later. Current version is OmniMOD II, but it hasnt been submitted to jediknightii.net. Ya wanna check it out, follow this link: Oblivion Clan Site, then go to downloads, jedi outcast, mods. Ull find a link to it there.)

Phoenix

(Formerly Spectrum and DeadlyBOFH)

I managed to see the most recent screens and it seems that Terc is going for photo-realistic quality. At that point it can be 6 months or even a year to get perfection, even if its only for one game. Rock on Terc!

You apparently didn't read what Seka wrote, because she said since she is close friends with Tercero, that this model isn't for Jk2 alone, it is multi-game model. So He could be going for Halflife or CS or UT2k3 for all we know:)

But anyways, nuff of my rambling.

ok.. lol i had to come back after a 2 month hiatus to see what more has been done with the model but its just as i suspect.. nadda .. whatever.. dood please relay the model to someone else so it can be finished and we can finally get a good anakin model or better yet someone else make one because this is getting old.. everyone else stood by while you worked on this non existant model.. no one wanted to step on your toes but the time has come... forget obi wan forget sebulba i want an anakin!!!!!!!!!

Archived